BARAK/BILES

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Feb 12, 2004.

?

moderatorial?

Poll closed Feb 19, 2004.
  1. ban both BARAK and BILES forever and keep banning them when they sneak back

30.0%
  2. ban only BARAK forever and keep banning him when he sneaks back

35.0%
  3. ban only BILES forever and keep banning him when he sneaks back

5.0%
  4. leave the situation as is

21.7%
  5. (option added 4 hours later) i'm not aware of situation. or i'm aware but won't vote.

8.3%
  1. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

...or become flame forums...

2. Kutya

Kutya Banned

So this forum doesn't gain any money? LOL! Let's go down.

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ Kutya: Ehhhhmmmm, money from what exactly? We dont pay to play or post, and the only other source of income could be from advertising. Thankfully, through the goodwill of a few people, we are spared that annoyance also.

So where is the money being made?

*scratches head*

-glas-

4. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Yeah, where?! That's what I always wanted to know about internet...

5. Airway

Airway Well-Known Member

let me bet :

he is posting offtopic bullshit again

6. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ Kutya: Probably mostly from advertising, and catering for warped minds...;)

Thankfully they are few and far between in here.

-glas-

7. Buzz-403

Buzz-403 Well-Known Member

This poll is disgusting.

What if you imagined this to be a sporting event. Player A from team A, and player B from team B are engaged in a fist fight. It is easy to see they are fighting because their teeth are being removed from their mouths. It doesn't matter who started it now, because they are both guilty of the offense.
    So who decides the penalties? The crowd? Nope, can't let the crowd decide, because they are playing at team B's home field. Most of the fans would only want player A to receive the penalty. Let the teams decide? Nope, since both teams have equal number of players, their votes cancel. So we let the referee decide, the only fair decision. So what happens in the case of two players fighting? In hockey, both players get sent to the penalty box, regardless of who started the fight.

Now another. Imagine yourself as FH member "A". And you have been fighting with FH member "B". The moderator doesn't want the decision to rest on his shoulders, so he puts the question to a public vote. The community sees that both members are fighting, and many members admit that both are guilty, even the moderator. However, many people enjoy member B's humorous writing and have become good friends with B. Now, let's say the vote concludes, and it is decided that you-member "A"- should be banned. How will you feel? Will you feel like justice has been done? Did you receive fair and equal treatment from the forum members? Was the outcome of the vote decided because people enjoy B's writing?
    Put yourself in A's shoes, and tell me this vote is fair.

This poll is a disgrace to both Biles and Barak, and above all, a disgrace to the FH community. Shame. What the board needs is effective moderation, not public opinion polls. The community has become a glorified boy's club, where only the thoughts of the "elite" members matter, while they alienate all the others on the member list.

8. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Justice is a strange thing isn't it?

Justice can vary from person to person, to me it might be just to ban only Barak, to you it might be just to only ban Biles. So, the typical solution would be to ban both. Is this the right solution? Not necessarily, that's why there are law-students, men and women in suits, lawyers, attorney's, whatever... You can't just give everybody equal chances simply on the basis that they've both flamed. As I see it, Barak provoced Biles, and was very very low in doing so because he KNEW Biles would react like that, additionally, he knows Biles got this tendancy to go for the idea of 'an eye for an eye and a toe', so to me it kinda looks like he framed Biles. Barak and Biles both showed remorse for their deeds, in the mean while the moderators can't sit at the sideline and just watch. You're complaining about people judging on the basis of how they know the situation and the ones involved, how else would people judge? I don't think exec started this thread/poll to lift the weight of the decision from his shoulders, I think exec tries to be democratic, tries to do what the majority decides, he doesn't NEED us to make a decision, but he thinks it would be best for the sake of fairness that everyone has his say/opinion. A court of law is a democratic institution in some way, the jury decides on the basis of the majority...

BTW, the forum has always been a glorified boys club, but not only the thoughts of the 'elite' members matter, this poll shows that actually. In a poll the thoughts of elite members automatically are exactly the same as the thoughts of another, elite members just aren't afraid to voice their opinions aloud I guess. But if you are right, (because I don't think you're the only one to be able to put himself in the shoes of barak), the poll will tilt to the 'ban both' option, if the solution you think is best, really is the fairest.

<Z>

9. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

I have kept out of this debate until now, but with every extra post that gets added, it gets harder. This thread started due to an ongoing flame war between two members of our community. The moderators decided to put it to the community as to what to do about it, to gauge the public opinion. I don't know if it went to all forums, as I only read this one, but 47 votes out of a community of 2513 hardly gauges public opinion. Even if only 25% (500) are currently active, it still does not gauge public opinion.

But now I am OT in my own post. This thread is starting to to becom a flame war itself, and with every addition, the tone gets less friendly. There are those who support biles, and those who support barak, and their vote will always go against the respective foe. Then there are ppl who tired of the constant flame war, who will vote to get rid of both.

Me....I am sitting on the fence. Even these ppl want to air their dirty laundry in public, I don't give a sh!t. I read the first few lines of their post, and if it burns, I move to the next post.

Besides, what is the point of banning them if they are just going to register under a new name, as we have seen since the lockout began. Or they use multiple names, so they can give themselves support and continue the flame war.

regards, Oz

10. wanabe

wanabe Well-Known Member

:znaika:
    IGNORE THEM. THEY PUBLICLY DO IT TO GET ATTENTION OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE IN PRIVATE NOTES. LOOK AT ALL THE ATTENTION THEY ARE RECEIVING EVERYONE FALLING FOR IT. IT'S CHILDISH ATTENTION GETTING BEHAVIOR 80% IS BECAUSE OF THEIR AUDIENCE. :zzz:

11. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Keep in mind this poll is only aimed towards the ones involved, or well, the ones that would really notice the results. I doubt the Russians etc would have much consequences from Biles or Barak being banned, they'd know, but they wouldn't feel it. (IMHO)

I dunno, considering this, the ammount of participants of this board drops dramatically, also, don't forget that there might be some people out there that just don't WANT to vote, or don't have the time, or don't even want to look at this thread...

How can you be so sure of this? And please, loosen up on the caps, we can read you perfectly fine without you putting everything in caps (it's actually a bit irritating). I think Barak 'n Biles weren't using us as an audience, I think Barak (well, sorry to say, but he started it off) wanted us to participate and give him credit because of Biles extreme reaction (which he could expect)... but then again, I might be thinking too far...

Argh, the green men are coming for me again...

<Z>

Last edited: Feb 15, 2004
  12. flygav

flygav Guest

I am not really abreast of this on-going BS, but I personally enjoy the satire, sarcasum, or what have you, composeings of this Biles person. He gives me a good comic relief, and half the time I don't even know what he's bitchin about. haha. Maybe give them their own thread under, comic relief. :znaika:

13. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Yes, indeed. Give them their own "Biles versus Barak flamewar" thread.
    We can have their flaming under control and actually enjoy it. ;)

Don't allow them to post anywhere else on the forum. Just lock them inside this flamewar and they will be like those gladiators in roland's post. No rules. That should teach them. If they still don't get enough from bashing eachother..good! Im sure it would be very entertaining.

14. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

lol, yes, let then have a flame deathmatch, whomever is loser is out

15. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I have seen this done on a forum I used to visit, www.hackernetwork.com (it's not a hacking forum and I know nothing about hacking btw ;) ).

It's quite comical, but appropriate in there cos it's so completely off the wall as a forum.

-glas-

16. BarT

BarT Well-Known Member

c'mon don't ban 'emi like biles and don't know barak but still though, i don't fuckin care about their flames
    let's just leave it as it is

17. wulf

wulf Well-Known Member

There will not be a flame off from me as far as this goes it's over i mean over
    it was a total waste of my time, and energy life is to short to be pissing around with BS like this. I'am sorry to all this is how this has ended but That's The Way It Is i guess. I will not put my brain cells through this again what little i have left LOL. but more of my SKILLS into my hobbies and stay away from the boys club.

Wulf

Life Is To Short :kruto:

FLAME ON

So Kick Me Out :@drunk:

Barak Lives Forever :flyer:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  18. Spike

Spike New Member

Hello to all!!!!

I Love this game to damn much (?You Know What I?M Talking About?)

This is my first posting

After a lot of thought I think I have come to my own personal battle with the Barak/Biles Flaming War and I?ve come to a conclusion after much consternation.

To--- Bile?s ? I do appreciate your witty Posts and your hot topics; I hope you have a chance to keep posting them I find them very entertaining in a very obscure way. (?Canadian All The way Daddio?)

To ---Wulfie/Barak?. ?Man you know that I would be your wingman anytime?.

We have been flying together for over a year and I respect you and think of you as a friend and Great pilot!!

You are a friend! (?Sweet Meat Pies?)

This personal grievance between you and Bile?s has finally reached its apex!!!

It will be Resolved.

I personally don?t care of its outcome in WBFH. I will Keep Flying

I would like to see you Gentleman resolve this conflict amongst yourselves.

But, If this should happen with the WBFH community as a Judge than so be it.

I Personally have my own jurisprudence but I?ve come to a conclusion that

I don?t agree with the Poll that is being carried out.

Exec. I can understand your position and I understand the reasons that you created this Poll. But I do believe that it has become a simplified version of a Popularity Contest

(Biles post are Very popular; I read them myself with much enthusiasm)

I do not believe that the WBFH forum has a full understanding of the personal conflict between the two aforementioned, but I also don?t think that their Dirty laundry should be aired on this Forum

(Although It?s the best Damn Soap Opera That I?ve Ever Seen).

I?m not sure if I totally understand the extent of there conflict

(Nobody is except them)

I ?am convinced that whatever the outcome of this silly shenanigan should not be judged by us. It should be an Executive decision!

An informed Executive Decision!

There are to many 1-sided votes in both carcasses!!

I will not make a vote because I don?t believe all the facts are in or justified!!!

19. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

some people show examples.
    i will do the same.
    i see the situiation this way.

we have some house to visit. for example a club. it's free to come for everyone and to talk about everything.
    now BARAK and BILES came here. BILES made friends with room number JG13, and some other people from other rooms. BARAK just goes from room to room and in any occasion begins the flame with BILES. his friends don't visit this house. BILES says that BARAK follows him from room to room. BARAK have less friends in this house than BILES.
    since we don't love the noise, we ask ourselves wether problem is in both, or in one of them. the question is that both are good, but must be separated. actually, it's not a punishment, since the house is free, and both can live wherever they want elsewhere. we have only following options: isolate both from this house, isolate one of them. any of this options will save this house from this flame.

some people say that friends of BARAK that don't visit this house have rights to decide wether BARAK can attend this house. i think that it's not correct to count voices from outside.

that's why i think that popularity poll is applicable for this situation.

20. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

EXEC you finally got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's FREEHOST!!!!!!!!

freedom sucks ,but hosted lovely it prosperices (sry my enklish) :)