OT. The Lord of the Rings - curious mistake

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Aser, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Aser

Aser Well-Known Member

Well, this weekend, at last, and after waiting 4 years, we had be able to
    join some friends and watch the 3 films in a day (extended version, of course). 12 hours aprox of TV. (This is going to cost me lots of love films and
    shopping afternoons with my girlfriend, pufffff)

The point is that we realized of a curious mistake in the films that is quite dificult to detect if you dont watch the 3 films one after another. Well, it is posible that some other guy freakier than me had detect the error and had been written at any other forum about the film, but here I go anyway: we realized that there is a little hobbit-girl that has an twin-sister in a human girl at Minas Tirith, the girl was the same, in other words (must be niece of the director or something).

At "The Fellowship of the ring", there is an scene at the Bilboґs birthday party in which Bilbo is telling to some children-hobbits how he run away from some trolls that wanted to eat him. Well, the same "eyes-like-plates" girl in that group of hobbits is also at the scene from "The Return of the King" in which the people of Minas Tirith is saying goodbye to the company of knights that is going to try to reconquer the destroyed city in the river (dont remember the name, Ostiliagh or something like that) in a suicidal charge.

Well, if somebody has spare time, is not as lazy as me, and has some DVD software to capture images, I invite him to check it.

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

first: You are freak, one of the biggest i've ever known
    second: that thing about the girl, is called budget. When you have to pay an asshole like Orlando Bloom, you have to hire a girl twice to compensate
    third: the city is called Osgiliath
    fourth: You bastards!! you didn't wait for me to see the whole thing all-at-one. Damn, you'll have to do that again as soon as i go down to Madrid in two weeks :D

3. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

fith: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN WARRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

LotR movie is one huge error on its own merit.

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

....and life ain't worth living...

Man, you're so depressive when you want to...

6. Kutya

Kutya Banned

LMAO!

How true...

7. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

How NOT true :shuffle:

It's a great film imo, Peter Jackson done the best with it he could. It's entertaining, sticks as close to the original story as he could without making it overly long, and bridged the gap between the people interested in that genre of films, but who dont like the way Tolkien writes and so havent read LOTR. There are loads of people like that.

Because of that, I think Tolkien would have been pleased at how it all turned out.

@ Aser: Yeah, its one of the senior production people's daughter. Maybe even Jackson's. Go to www.imdb.com and search for the movies. Under the Trivia link on the left, it tells you about things like that.

8. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

Go through the vast appendices on the dvd it points out everything, like how Peter Jackson plays a pirate on one of the corsairs!

9. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Peter Jackson is King of Splatter. But he made LOTR quite ok.

10. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

hey i liked the movie

and as for peter jackson, afaik he was in that castle (helms deep ?) defence too

11. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

i think you liked Peter Jackson himself. That beard... mhhhh :UU:

:D

12. vought

vought Well-Known Member

Dare to disagree,
    people are saying that just to discard a piece of good work not saying masterpiece.
    Filming Lotr by jackson fullfilled and exceeded my expectations not just by special effects.
    I doubt that this film could have been made better.
    As for those revelations youve found.
    I think that some persons appear more in 1 role in this film not without a purpose.
    Jackson was in the film 3 times as far as i remeber and some of his friends were invited to make such "find wally" events too.
    I doubt that the actress you mentioned was needed to act twice becouse of low budget as this film had unlimited funds and surely wouldnt try to cut costs this way. This does not apply to statists wich faces you canot see or recognize them. I bet the 3d animator that was making gollums aye reflection got a bigger pay than that girl actress.
    Btw its posible that im mistaken, but she may be of jackons family or smth. i heard.
    PS. The topic is quite late.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  13. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Once someone i agree with. Dehumanized (deorcisized or whatever) orcs. In book they have their motives and way of life. In movie they are simply evil. Most beutiful parts of book skipped (tom bambadill stuff) and heavily weighted to action and love scenes. Whatever..i didn't like. Legolas surfing on his shield and killing 1000 uruk-hais didnt impress me. Just another hollywood ephos.

Disclaimer: I don't say it's bad. Im sure many ppl will love it. I just dont.

Scenery was nice tho.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  14. PressLuftHammer

PressLuftHammer FH Beta Tester

New Zeland nice nature country, we see it :)

15. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

i agree that Legolas and Gimli are a joke in the film. I simply can't stand with those. But i'm extremely happy that Tom Bombadil's part was erased. In the book was soooo boring to me (and childish, btw)...

16. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Yeah I didnt like Tom Bombadil either. He just doesnt 'fit' imo.

And I also agree about Gimli being a joke. In ROTK he didnt have one single serious scene. Everything was just 'witty' one-liners.

My biggest gripe about the film was the portrayal of Faramir when he first met Frodo. He seemed no better than Boromir, which was the total opposite from the book.