us fm on freehost

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by gryphon, Feb 12, 2005.

1. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

i was asked to post this from a page by squade mate.
    he feels that most usplanes arn't modled to have the advantges they should.

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

boring dithyramb from "hog addict".
    pass your squadmate (which seems to be hog addict too) that it's far more interesting to discuss "the best car in the world".
    uh?
    i bet for toyota landcruiser. i hate porche, ferrari, and especially pontiac.

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

p.s. definitely, hog will suck at kursk battle.
    p.p.s. landcruiser rulz.

4. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

Be careful when quoting "maneuverability," as it often means control responsiveness, not turning ability. The same goes for "performance," which most likely refers to top level speed and nothing else.

5. alec

alec Well-Known Member

it disagrees with fh warbirds a lot. But when it said yak3 would be in trouble I stopped taking it seriously.

6. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

gryphon, do you and your squadmate have the same last name?

7. gryphon

at lastex it said in a vert fight. it donst claim to be able to outurn yak. but in hit and run say f4u-$ should out climb out hang and out zoom yak.
    at alsop no and only reason i posted it was he asked and becuse maby it would make people think b4 screamming f4u is uber all the time.
    persnaly i think f4u is modeled farly acuratly if this is websights acurate.

8. gryphon

The only thing i saw that might be worth flaming over is that p38 had a much high excel rate then any other americian fighter nad in fh dosnt feal like it does feal like slowest, BUt in 1.64 its exel slow was impoved some so i wont flam about that ither. im graatful p38 finaly recieveid some unbiaised attention.

9. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

NO gryphn, all flight models are correct this FH version. Didnt you know il2 had equal turning ability to 109?

haha.

10. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

[OT]IL2 was called "Black death" by Russian propaganda... when the Germans captured and tested some, they came up with a report stating that it is indeed a very dangerous plane ... but for the crews to fly it :D

Nevertheless it's huge wings do clearly suggest that it had a really low stall-speed and had no problems with turning at low speeds.

With current otto settings turning with any buff instead of the recommended "ping, dive, observe, go in again if still necessary" tactic is pure suicide.[/OT]

On Topic mode on:
    Gimme data and not pilot's "orgasmic" opinions about the planes. It's fairly obvious that an average WWII pilot did not have the chance to fly hundreads of sorties with his plane as we do here on FH every ToD. So pilot's claims should not be overrated as a source of FM data.

11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

frog, we are sorry for using in ww2 planes not licensed by german Reichluftministerium.
    yes, we cheated. il-2 was not allowed for operational usage by german comitees.
    we flown it when germans thought it can't be flown.

12. Bavaria

Bavaria Well-Known Member

:) :) :) :super:

13. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

[OT] @-exec-
    well the RLM licensed even Me-163, but did not licence Il2... in my opinion that clearly says something about it's quality.

I do think the VVS had bad planes (il2) and the NKVD good methods of convincing pilots to fly them [​IMG] [/OT]

14. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Frog, something is trying to come out of your smilie's ear - check it out!

15. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

[ot]
    me163 was one of vergeltungswaffes that doomed rlm and hitler sought to resist against fall of reichiii. rlm certified many crap that clearly show some menthal problems and lack of adequateness.
    therefore certified komet shows me that they could not give sane estimation of advantages of il2.
    il2 is not wunderwaffe at all. but il2 was a perfect outcome of complex system of industry (including fact of evacuation), pilot training system, strategical situation, and doctrine of the staff, still it has noticeable combat performance.

p.s. vvs comission in 1940 did not considered ju 87 as interesting to buy. i don't remember what tey bought, but me 109e3 and fi 156 were amongst them. they reported stuka to be outdated plane.
    tactics of german army allowed stuka to use it's advantages fully. it seems that the same tactics would not allow il2 to demonstrate it's strengths, if germans had il2. therefore rlm concluded il2 as useless for wehrmacht. and stalin said "army needs in il2 as in the breath, as in the air". both were satisfied with weapon systems they had.
    therefore don't take german analysis on soviet planes seriously, please. reports of performance - yes. analysis - no.
    [/ot]