serie noire

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by tigrou, Aug 18, 2005.

1. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

wtf hapens with the airliners ! ?

:rose:

about 737 crash near athen: medias say the plane had circling on autopilot until empty fuel:
    auto pilot can maintain alt,speed, v speed, heading, radio nav, but circling is it possible? i don't think so.

2. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I think modern autopilot can perform any manouver you can imagine, though I don't know if it's always preprogramed with most of them, and 737 is a bit far from modern.

3. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

u know book MAYDAY? ....

4. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

no, explain more pls:)

5. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

and:
    @tigrou

Modern autopilot solutions like those mounted on airliners since mid 90's not only can perform complicated manouvers... they virtually make a flighpath programmer out of pilot... the whole flight (including takeoff and landing) can be performed automatically, while the pilot drinks coffe or screws the flight attendants.

6. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

and the other day 17 spanish soldiers died in an helicopter crash in Afghanistan. They were there in pacific mission....

7. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

so the plane had to land to complete the log nav,or the sequence has been broken at one moment ...
    btw i've heard that some ppl wanted enter the cocpik but it was locked... since september 2001.

8. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

9. muf-lo

muf-lo Well-Known Member

They were in a peace enforcement mission (among with others nations troops) in an area where is not possible to avoid their services, it's a different thing. Soldiers are not needed for pacific missions.
    All the above just for not fooling ourselves with words. Of course my condolences for their loss... :(

10. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I don't know really if it is this way, but not having any way of entering the cockpit from outside is IMO a complete lack of imagination.

11. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

cocpit closed from inside, 2 pilots almost dead, no oxigen to have enough stengh to kick door, and the plane is totaly free. or explain why a commercial navigant couldn't take the radio !? this crash is very strange senario...

12. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I'm just saing that there should be a way to enter the cockpit from the outside in case of an emergency.

13. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

the idea is that if there is a guy with a granate it will be an emergency

14. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

The idea is not to negotiate with terrorists, so he can stick that granade up his ass. Afterall - what's the difference if he can get inside the cockpit or not? HE STILL HAS A FUCKIN' GRANADE AND CAN BLOW THE PLANE UP.

15. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

the idea is that if the guy explodes it in passengers cabine, it is an emergency too
    :)

16. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

Actually it's not about a guy with a granade, but rather a guy with a chicken's leg ;) The one with a frag is equally dangerous in cockpit as in cabin, so not much point in shutting the pit door before him. And there never should be anyone with a frag on a plane in the first place, that's what all those security measures are in fact for.
    Closed cockpit is supposed to prevent a "terrorist" with a half eaten chicken leg or a handkerchief with some green goo inside from threatening pilots, just as it happened on that 11.09 (or 9/11 for the communists :p)

17. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I'm not saying the door should be wide open sheeeeesh you miss my point here. For a guy with a granade on the plane it's irrelevant whether the door is closed or not. He can blow everything up anyway. If he has only a chickens leg tell me how the hell will he get into a closed cockpit? The key (or keycard or whatever) should be stashed somewhere in the passangers section and f.ex. only chief stewardess should know where.
    I could think of many other ways to limit the access to the cockpit but shutting it permanently from the inside is IMO stupid and irresponsible.

btw: are you guys 100% sure there absolutly is no way of entering the cockpit from the outside?

18. Ben

Ben Active Member

Cockpit doors should remain inaccessible no matter what. If two medically certified and professionally trained pilots are faced with a situation that cannot allow them to fly the plane proplerly, there will be no John Wayne or sexy stewardess who will be able to do it better than the pilots.

Plane was at 33,000ft and cockpit had lost oxygen. At that alt, you can only last 30 seconds before becoming unconscience. There is almost no situation that should allow passengers into the cockpit unless you're watching a movie.

19. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

and if a liner pilot return simple as passenger, this ppl can help

20. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

let's say a pilot has a hart attack and "there's a doctor in the house" :)