R.I.P Steve Irwin

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Helrza, Sep 8, 2006.

1. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    What do you shot at with that M14 toy?

2. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Thx mate for the lowdown on the didgeridoo!
    Looks rather like the killer BONG my old friend used to have in the 70's!
    First time I hit off that damned thing it was packed with Thai-stick ( the genuine shit that was going around circa mid 70's). I took 1 hit off that thing , wracked my self near to death coughing for what seemed 10 minutes and spent the next 4 hours trying to hold to the slimmest thread of reality %).
    Did NOT lay the sweet lass I had been keen on prior to the hit as she was even more devasted by the effect than I. LOL!! Watched 2 guys dive off a TALL railroad bridge when someone set off his new-fangled alarm watch-We all thought it was a bust in progress and bolted every which way !!!
    Lost a store of of IQ that day for certain.:D

3. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

OHMEGAWD! Peter Brock DIED !!!!!!!!!

There goes a great racing legend............:rose:

4. looseleaf

Of course they're puzzled...they're wondering why you showin' off the antique.

If you get out there on your porch with a HK91 and/or FNFAL with the 30 round clips...they will keep their distance.

I remember once at the rifle range when I checked out this old WW2 Mauser.... it was a G41.
    Everyone was plinking away with their fancy hunting rifles, 3030, 306, a few 223s I had to go all the way to the end of the range to get to the far away targets, 200 meters I think.
    I set everything up and squeeze off ten rounds..ten rounds of 7.92, NOT 308/7.62, SEVEN NINE TWO FMJ. The sound was a religious experience.
    I thought I had gone deaf as it was rather quiet until I see about fifty faces all looking down at me and a few guys walking over to say; "WAT DAH HAIL" you got there anyway...." It did keep everyone away for a long time.

I cannot imagine what the hearing would be like of those poor tailgunners
    in the Bf110 much less the guys in B17/24/25/26 etc with those .50cals.....

The movies never show the other not-so-glamorous side of using firearms...

5. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

M-14 rules :)

6. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

May he rest in peace :rose: :rose: Seriously. I've always been supportive of Australia, because the people there (real Aussies, not the politically correct newcomers, because England is no more, IMHO) have always impressed me. God bless.

7. looseleaf

That is not a real M-14 !

8. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

You know your God loves you when.

A. You die doing what you love.
    B. It comes rather quickly.

Both men recieved both!
    (be happy not sad)

When you are done playing around with your M14 pop-gun you may graduate to a nice .300 Win Mag. :@prayer:

9. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

The point being? :) Even if it was a kid with a water pistol, I'd say the same thing :)

10. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    It sure as fuck ain't no M14 there. Nope.
    Ever hear of something called a SAW?

[I don't have a M14A1 and I don't have a M14 even. I don't live with guns, they are away in a cache up-country. Few men in my family live with military weapons. They don't belong in Canadian Homes and I belive fervently in that ethic. I belive in a people having a right to keep and bear arms - IN AN ARMORY - to be deployed WHEN A PEOPLE ASSEMBLE]

My Grampa had this thing, which I THINK was a SAW. It was an M14 and had a bipod.
    I used to beg him to take it out to the bush and let us have at it. he would look at me with a Scottish Stare and would answer "No."
    You never, ever gave any lip to my grandad. Until I was well into my teens it never occured to me that there was an active conspiracy in this country to disarm all good men and that showing off automatic weapons was a sure-fire way of getting your name on a list somewhere, for use later.......

Somewhere there is a cache and somewhere in that cache is that SAW.

In my nieghbourhood the only weapons we have capable of dealing with creepy little Viet Gangsters are Babar Khalsa [human weapons - yes, there are such men], and they seem extremely effective. I am happy with our nieghbourhood security as it is and am absolutely positive those men would and could arm themselves in a crises about as fast as [deleted].
    But in this country, you don't wander around talkin about your load.

11. looseleaf

Well, Canada is FAR more civilized than the Wild West and Bad Lands of the Home of the Brave...etc. And I agree about armory and twon meetings, just like in the olde days in Switzerland , where men gathered to vote while holding arms, no , not fraternal embraces but bringing their swords, bows, crosswbows and weapons, once a year, or every voting day. Kinda making sure their vote would be counted..etc.

BTW; you mentioned in previous postes that you were cleaning your M14 on the porch and the Viet gangsters were staring at you funny-like...

Here's a shot of some Canadian Military training during WW2.....maybe one's your grand-dad?

12. looseleaf

I hope this photo shows-up now!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  13. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Just found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwxQyhIbhAk

The first few times I saw Steve on TV I thought he was nuts. Then I realized he simply had a passion, or - in his own words - a mission, and was fortunate enough to live it. I believe there are many people who have a longer stay in this world but never lived. Not Steve. He was alive.

"...because humans wanna save things that they love. My job - my mission - the reason I've been put onto this planet, is to save wildlife. And I thank you for coming with me."

Thank you for taking us there, Steve.

:rose:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  14. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

cc heartc

:rose:

15. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

:rose::rose:

Attached Files:

16. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

:mad:rose:

for the guy... but not for the way he treated animals...
    ...well he brought the wildlife to the masses thanks to his skills... but not much to say about his treatment of animals.

17. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

Attenbourough [spelling?] some wonderful stuff and filmed by expert cameramen from the BBC.
    John and Janet Foster, Canadian, I think.
    Marty Stouffer, from the USA.
    ANY nature shows National Geographic [A media from the USA] ever made, wonderful stuff.
    Nature Nut, John Acorn - You just have to watch his stuff, unbelievable, he is funny and always has a silly song to describe the day's topic.
    Jaques Cousteau.
    Timothy Treadwell: Lived with the Brown Bears in Kamchatka. He would hang around in their fishing grounds and get close enough to touch them. Some would actually, when well fed and not tense, clown around, take fake charges at him, roll in the sand, howl and laugh [do bears laugh?].
    He and his woman were eaten in 2003, I think.
    Best way to observe wildlife is from a great distance. Simply being aware of an intruder puts an animal under stress. A telephoto lense does not aften offend or stress a wild animal. But getting right up to them DOES and the results can be painful or fatal.
    Vitaly Nikolayenko was also a bear researcher who interfered with them, he was also eaten just a couple months after Treadwell.
    Animals are not reasoning or reasonable. They are selfish and jealous and defensive. And alpha predators are easily capable of seeing a little pink nice smelling human as an easy meal and heartlessy devour it like you or I would devour a roti.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  18. skhawk

skhawk Well-Known Member

i think rudeboy is biles

19. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

What do you mean, frog? What did he do to animals?

20. Helrza

Helrza Well-Known Member

lol, i was gonna ask the exact same question redant..... i think frog's been watchin the wrong show, its not like steve was grabbing hold of em and fuckin them in the ass.

The way he treated animal was perfectly fine. If he was grabbing them to kill them or for other purposes, sure, id be pretty upset too. We got a lot of animal activists over here, that crap on about how he treated them poor little animals was "inhumane" and other shit like that. Steve handled them animals with the utmost respect, both for himself and for them, and did it to teach us about them animals.

What have these loudmouth activists done to teach us about animals? Nothing. They probably never will either. Put half them blokes with the shit Irwin was with, ask them questions about it..... you wouldnt get any info, cause theyd be too busy crapping thier fukin pants.