Cloth your car BMW

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ronin, Jun 16, 2008.

1. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

2. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

Cars with bodies [skins...... whatever] made of whatever that stuff is or will be will be like drums, hehe. Drums bein banged-on. Sittin in a drum while it is bein pounded wouldn't be so nice.
    I bet there would be a bit more [a lot more?] stiffness in any working prototype........ The car won't be skinned, only selected panels will be.

I would love to see machines that can fold and un-fold like protien.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  3. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

well I saw the headlights and I'm completely sold...

4. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

In my point of view -- far not the best solution, if we remember why fabric coated control surfaces were replaced with metal ones.

At high speeds front surfaces will be bent in and side ones -- sucked out by the air flow (aerodynamics). Adding to that surface vibration may develop because of airflow turbulence (I remember strange pressure pulsing in my car when rear door glass was down at speeds as low as 100 km/h, that forced me to open front door window). Of cource, an owner may hope that at 150-200 km/h speed noone will notice the ugliness...

5. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

rudeboy's 1337 came and went

and nothing happened

6. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Who knows? Maybe they have some new-age materials that can be semi-ridged?
    Remember those balsa wood airplanes that had that plastic skin that would shrink-on and yet be somewhat flexible?
    Those pre-WW1 airplanes had silk coverings (Japanese silk was lighter and stronger than Chinese silk - I learned for one of the old boys aircraft restoration guys).
    The cloth surfaces were painted with a shellac that sealed and stiffened the fabric.

BMW could have also controlled the airflow in and around the car body as to minimize the shape changes on the panels.
    It will be interesting to see the mass produced version.

7. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

mass produced?

looks like the infallible genius doesnt know everything about cars

...or was too lazy to quote wikipedia like he was writing from memory this time

8. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Or he just wanted to be incredibly popular again, licking the closest asshole, as usual.

9. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

"As usual". is that how they do it in Hungary or is it just your family tradition?

Perhaps you should take some real lessons in the English language.

Go and get a refund to whatever missionary school you went to.

10. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

u usually get a refund from something, not to something

u could say

Go to whatever missionary school you went to and get a refund.

11. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Looks like Mario is out of tranquillizers, as usual.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Ahh, looks like he's replying now, under his 3rd nickname "rondon". Angry insults are on the way.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  12. rondon

rondon Well-Known Member

One always goes to a place.

You should return to school as well.

Not only to deepen your comprehension of proper English but to be taught manners and civility.

In this modern world it is not enough to be taught how to walk on your hind legs and type on a keyboard or push a wheel barrow.

Rather than so quickly come to assumptions perhaps you should take time out to confirm that your understanding of someone's statement is correct.
    You have proved yourself to be the greatest ass of this forum and I for one have grown weary of your nonsensical comments, your non-contributions, your relentless personal attacks.
    I will join those who have voiced their opinions and wishes of having your nick(s) banned.

This forum is better served without you.

13. rondon

rondon Well-Known Member

Your paranoia has gotten the best of you, my boy.

14. whodaphool

whodaphool Well-Known Member

We are going to have so much fun together this summer Roland, baby!

15. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Good to hear, us too! What about registering yet another nickname to type it again?

16. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

So ... what are you guys going to do with (to) each other? :p

17. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

don't ask, but I've heard those hungarian doods can be pretty damn nasty towards foreigners
    it's sth about a copper cock owl, I'm too scared to ask again :p

18. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

Living under the stress in Matriarhal society such as Hungary there is no other way to express frustrated deminitv-flacid-man-ish personality.
    Healing complexes?

19. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

As for the car- I have a strong preference towards the BMW I'm driving, even though it probably has just a third of the horsepower that GINA prototype does.

Still- I had to exchange the electomechanical lock in the fuel intake cover recently... and it was painfull enough (BMW does really use some cheap-ass, FIAT-like electrics in the places the usuall Bosch logo will no longer be visible)... I can just imagine how many of these cheap electric components would that concept car had to have, would they ever make it a production model :D

20. whodaphool

whodaphool Well-Known Member

My name is Woelter David VanderPol, MD.

I am doing pro-bono work this summer throughout Europe.

Micropenis Enlarged with New Surgical Technique

By LiveScience Staff

A urologist in the UK will report this week on partial success with a procedure to create an average-sized penis for nine dramatically undersized men.

The condition is known as micropenis and is thought to affect 0.6 percent of men. Instead of achieving the average length of about 5 inches (12.5 centimeters), a micropenis is around 2 inches (7 centimeters) or less, scientists say.

The corrective surgery allows some men born with an undersized penis to urinate normally and, according to the David Ralph, a urologist at the University College London who performed it, to enjoy sex more.

"This operation can change the life of young men, improving their self-esteem and quality of life and allowing many of them to have sexual intercourse, sometimes for the first time in their life," Ralph said in a statement today. "However, patients should be aware of the high risk of complications from this procedure."

Ralph will present the results Wednesday at a meeting of the European Society for Sexual Medicine in London.

A micropenis can be caused by inadequate testosterone in the 2nd and 3rd trimester of fetal growth, researchers say, or it could result when a fetus begins as a male but is insensitive to the male hormone testosterone during growth.

To perform the penile enlargement, called phalloplasty, Ralph cut a flap of skin from the patient's forearm and shaped it into a penis. The original penis is incorporated into the surface of the transplanted skin "to maintain erogenous sensation."

A urethra is added for urination, and an inflatable penile prosthesis allows for an erection.

According to a 2002 article in the Growth, Genetics & Hormones journal, "Phallic construction is one of the most challenging procedures in reconstructive surgery" because "the penis is anatomically complex, being involved with both voiding and sexual activity."

A hospital in Belgium performed a similar operation on one patient and reported success in 2001.

In the new set of operations, three of the nine patients were hermaphrodites, having both male and female sex organs. All nine are "satisfied with the cosmetic appearance of their penis," Ralph will report. Four can now urinate standing up and four are able to have regular sexual intercourse.

However, in several of the cases, multiple complications arose, such as an infection or position shifts that require further surgery.