Israel's shooting of a young girl highlights international hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Glas, Jan 31, 2006.

1. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I know a guy, not too well, but I know who he is and where he lives and I have smiles and pretended I didn't wish he would just drop fuckin dead.
    I know w guy who talks like me. He lives in the same town. He went to a school not far from here, it wasn't my school. But it was near.
    A few years ago this guy packed up and went to some part of former jugoslavia and joined a serbian militia unit and fought in that war.
    This guy, I thought, is just exactly what some part of former jugoslavia did NOT need. And when he was finished doing the things he went to former jugoslavia to do, he came back here, to live in peace and in a home not rubble, he came here. I mean, he was allowed to come here, back here. I have this guy living in the same town as me. And no one here, none here, have taken a rifle and shot him from afar as he walks around his little nieghboiurhood, smiling, smugly, smiling. Why did he go and do the things he did and then come back here, after proclaiming his Serb love or Serbian love or Love for Serbia or serbofilia or whatever that fuckin animal proclaimed.

The guy who went to Kosovo went because "kosovars are kickin out my people." What MY people. Where did that fuckin BC raised, cornfed canadian get it into his head that shithole nation is his country? I want him and his kicked out of here, this country. Leather clad thug import.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  2. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

biles, that sound to movie, starred by dennis quaid

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Whatever :rolleyes:

4. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Are you dismissing the FACTS that the amount of terrorists, and the amount of terrorist incidents has increased dramatically in Iraq since the invasion?

As to your question, no I dont doubt there has been. Much the same as the more drugs that get smuggled in to a country, the more that are likely to be found. Law of averages.

Now, would you care to answer mine? :)

5. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Dumbest thing I've ever read, period.

6. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

I keep saying that it is not wise to look solely at the failures in the war on terror, that it is essential to consider all the attacks which have not happened - and you keep asking me to look at the failures in the war on terror.

This reminds me of the case I made about the media's failure to report the number of terrorists who had been captured or killed. I believe somebody asked me to find a news story which proved that there actually were substantial terrorist casualties...

I don't see why you want me to acknowledge that there has been an increase in terrorist activity in Iraq. I know about this increase; it is common knowledge. Unfortunately, news which never happens is equally knowable, yet seldom known. I can provide little evidence about the success in the war on terror. The public must realize, however, that this lack of evidence is actually a positive reflection on the counter-terrorism effort. The public must realize that the last thing they want is an "indicator" of progress:

[​IMG]

The best evidence of success is the lack of "evidence." No news is good news. Unfortunately, the shortage of news is seldom the subject of media coverage.

7. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

You're denying that's what you think? :)

<Z>

8. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Yep :)

Israel has alot to answer for regarding some of their conduct. The shooting of that little girl is a prime example. But Satan, I dont think so.

You know the theory about how when someone is abused as a youngster, there is a xx% chance that they will abuse also when they are older? Certainly, it is a higher instance than those who have not been abused. Anyway, I reckon the same can be said about Israel.

Undoubtedly they suffer alot of provocation from the Palestinians and others in the Middle East. But no amount of provocation should remove your common decency completely, and that includes acknowledging the murder of a 9 year old girl and taking appropriate action.

About the Palestinians. They aint no Saints, but they have suffered alot of oppression as a result of decisions WE took. They never at any time asked to become displaced or removed forcibly from their homes. It was our actions that resulted in it happening. So, bearing that in mind, I do have more sympathy for the Palestinians than the Israelis.

Sorry if I offended you earlier btw ;)

9. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Your words, not mine.

10. Aser

Aser Well-Known Member

Sadly, nowadays you can change at that pics SS for Israeli soldiers and jews for palestinians.

11. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

No worries Glas :)

<Z>

12. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Yep, and its exactly how I feel, and your pic aint gonny change anything. If anything, it reinforces what I feel about the Israelis. They suffered terribly at the hands of the Nazis, but are now making others suffer. But I discussed all this above so you knew what I felt already.

What was the exact point of posting that picture btw? :confused:

13. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I dont really care what you say. I asked the question in direct relation to the question you asked me. You have answered that. Thank you.

However, please do not try to preach to me what is 'wise'. Coming from a kid like yourself, I can assure you it will not be taken on board.

Go complain to CNN or wherever you take your news from.

LOL that is funny squirl. Real 'squirlogic' (thanks Broz :D ) if ever I have heard it. I can assure you, if the evidence was there it would be publicised by your Govt. They are not slow in declaring any successes, simply because there are so few to declare. When one happens, its a big thing for them. But the reason you can find evidence of very few is exactly that - there has been very few.

And I dont accept your assertion that the (unknown) terrorists threats that have been thwarted is a good thing, since there would have been NO TERRORIST THREAT in Iraq if it were not for the US's actions.

But you still either dont get that, or dont want to. I couldnt care less though, cos it is as clear as daylight to anyone willing to open their eyes. :)

14. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

To equate the Israeli army to the SS is absolutely ridiculous!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  15. Aser

Aser Well-Known Member

I used the comparation in terms of what Glas had said at :

16. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Just a thought for ya all:
    I wonder if any moms and dads out there in the occupied zone or the ubber wall zone or wherever the herd of them palestine people lives, like, say.
    ANyways, and moms and dads out there who tell there kids, "No, you will not get involved in that, you will come home after school, be quiet and we will just try and get along, okay kids?"
    I wonder how many kids out there listen?
    There has to be some. Where are all the people we don't see when we see rock throwing crowds on the tv?

Now, it is when those people get it I am fuckin angry my lifetime fuck.

17. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

That would be the majority of Palestinians. And in fairness, I have no doubt that most Israeli citizens are the same.

18. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

What is the government supposed to say? That 300 million Americans have not been the victims of domestic terrorist attacks since 2001? The media does not work that way. Media coverage is inductive, not deductive. Inductive reporting involves only the particular details (Australia won a gold medal in men's cycling at the Athens Olympic games). Deductive reporting involves everything but the particular details, allowing an individual to rule out possibilities (the country which is not Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra... won the medal which is neither bronze nor silver in the non-woman sport which is not diving, running, shooting, field, wrestling... in the non-winter Olympic games which were not held at Berlin, London, Rome, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Sydney...). A person would eventually be able to determine the country, medal, sport and venue, but it would be extremely time-consuming and inefficient. Unfortunately for media coverage, the war on terror results in a great deal of "events" which never occur. If the media were to report on the attacks which have been stopped, the coverage would resemble the mess I described in the case of the Australian gold medal. A newspaper headline for today might read, "No Terror Attacks on Empire State Building, Brooklyn Bridge, Chrysler Building, Madison Square Garden, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Capitol Building, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, White House, Supreme Court..." The media never publishes this news because it is not an efficient way to inform their audience, but it does not mean that this kind of "news" never happens.

You have to give the U.S. credit for its domestic security. Every attack which does not happen can be attributed to the efforts of American national security agencies.

You see only the failures which happen in the war on terror. I see not only what is happening, but also what is not happening. Who is missing the big picture?
    I shouldn't have to tell you why that is wrong.

19. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I would doubt very much that there has been a serious effort by any organisation since the WTC attacks to launch a major terrorist attack on the USA. I could be wrong, but I dont think so. I read the news whenever I come across a paper on the bus or when im trawling the net reading whatever crap takes my interest. As I said before, I think this was something that would be well publicised.

By the way, you posted a pic earlier (I dont really know why, maybe you can explain? didnt seem like there was a good reason for that particular pic) about the London bombings. The UK is a willing and giving partner in the invasion of Iraq. Yet we were hit by 2 major attacks in 2 weeks. Before that there was Madrid. Again, Spain being a willing and giving partner in the coalition. Yet they were hit by the most devastating attack on their shores since WWII probably.

Both of these places were not just outposts or villages. They were the 2 capital cities of the biggest partners in the invasion. But they were hit. Where was the intelligence to stop them? And be honest, there were no known efforts by Islamic terrorists to attack those 2 cities beforehand. So how can you claim the war on terror is halting attacks? No evidence of any attempts against the US, and the only 3 attempts against other major partners in the coalition succeeded.

20. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

Sounds like this is a problem with Europe, not with the war on terror. I know that it is possible to enter Germany simply by walking through two doors at the Frankfurt airport. All flights to the United States have additional security checks, which means that the U.S. actually has to send employees to Europe to verify the security of U.S.-bound flights.

So because you haven't heard about any terrorist attacks, the terrorists haven't been trying...

If you don't know peace when you see it, you can't possibly form valid opinions on matters of war.