La5fn vs Zero

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by demian, Aug 30, 2009.

1. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Knowing that i am not the best tnb pilot on fh, i couldnt believe that la5fn can actually turn fight zeros. And it can. So, mb test arena has wrong settings.
    Or, i am crazy. OR, mb la5fn is too good:)
    No, must be problem in test arena. Any of u can actually believe that any russian plane on fh is too good:) ? With great objective admins, i simply cant think that la5fn can be too good.
    What i have noticed, is, la5fn can dogfight versus A6M2, A6M5, but A6m3 is a tricky one fight to battle.
    To turnfight? No! IT has good chances to win against zero!!!:)
    The funniest thing is, it has more chances in simple horizontal turning than in vertical:)))
    Good pilot, who knows and fly La ( i am not La pilot) , can actually turn fight and win in test arena versus zeke.
    U can try it too. I do not claim ull win, i dont claim its easy, but is somehow
    EASIER that to fight zeke in 109:D
    Whoever tested it, didnt do a good job, or mb, i didnt learn new history well.
    Or mb we just should find right ppl to test planes, not those philosophers, who only sit on forum, reply bs, insult ppl, and then claim they know something.
    I simply have problem with this history, i cant understand why russians built la7 , then some later versions, if they had such briliant plane like la5fn.
    Or for that matter, why 1 of the best soviet aces, didnt want to change to la7 , he just wanted his P-39?
    I really cant understand why we get better and better fighter planes, why is getting so easier for every new player to play than it was for us who started earlier, what some ppl think to do with buffs in this fighter kill kill kill sim, shall we expect to wake up one morning and to realize fh is just quake, or what?
    Im warning all those admins who hate ex 110s style of gameplay, that this game is becoming just perfect for that style of playing.
    Ok, mb not in 110, but tomorrow in ki45, la7, la5, tempests ...

2. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

La5n and La7 were/are damned great planes!

Yes, someone who knows what he/she is doing is a VERY dangerous opponent.

I like them a lot. Mostly because of speed and I found that the turning ability is not bad.

Yak is a good fighter as well against 109 and zeke alike in my limited experiences of the game.

No admin. dev, tester or player here can be completely unbiased. Everyone will have their favourite and no one will test all planes to the fullest of the planes ability.

I think everyone in this game will have their very own, as the French say; "professional deformity" when testing, judging and flight-simming this plane set.

I hope now that they don't tweak yet another plane that does not need fixing.

As far as history, well that's a long story.

As the war progressed the propaganda machine had to down play the contribution of the Lease/Lend deal and the use of the American planes. P40s, P39s and P63s were extremely instrumental and many aces scored a considerable and sometimes majority of their kills in the mid-engine fighter.
    It was the Russian pilots' style of flying that they were able to exploit the features of the P-39 and P63.

Add the factors of their sense of duty, they were fearless and aggressive in repelling the enemy from their homeland. Home field advantage, as they say, was a great factor as well as weather and as the war continued the resource of experienced German pilots diminished quiet rapidly that the Russian pilot supply.

3. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Something with ShVAK and can turn with it is a short-term solution to killing that fkn uber zeke.

La-5FN: For when the 12mm that killed it in the actual war just won't work.

4. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

I can beat the La5 in a yak7.....love that plane.

If the la5 is outturning a zero, then maybe the opponent has his trims mapped to his stick x and y axis.

This makes a huge difference though it really should not......but it does.

Thankfully they brought back structural failure and many of the mapped trim guys were seen breaking off wings in the last week.

LOL at mumble's tagline.

Is it true Fuckov traded in is his name for Adweeb?

5. looseleaf

The biplane 153 should and did out-turn the zeke way in the beginning. I personally got the better of the zekes even when out-numbered. I remember one time especially when five zekes jumped me very low and I shot three down and two maneuver kills.
    You should have seen what was written on chl 100. I was accused of warping, cheating, have invisible wingmen, unlimited ammo, every accusation imaginable.
    The funny thing was less than a week later suddenly all zekes could not only turn with me but even tighter and slower and of course they were suddenly impervious to the ShVAK machine guns.

Yes, fix the damned zeke. Yes, fix the damned 50 cal.

6. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I'd love to see tracks of those la5 - zeke fights, with burning zekes in each one of them I presume

russian pilots were fearless, but what's there to fear except the political officer in the back seat?

G. House has better lines :)

7. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does anyone think the 12mm lethality has been upped? :confused:

If so, can we please tone down lavochkin FM a bit?

8. looseleaf

Maybe you're getting better at this game?

9. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

No, this game is hard, so to speak.

10. looseleaf

they say it's better when it hard.....:cool: