168 Wish list.....

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -ALW-, Sep 18, 2010.

1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Another thing would be nice to add to the request list.

Receive kill record after we leave tower and take off.
    Here is the situation:
    Usually, when I shoot at another aircraft and that aircraft has landed in my country land, if that pilot exits, I get the kill while I'm in the air or in the tower. If I leave tower before that pilot exits, no kill recorded. It's always been like this. :confused:

2. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

i have the easy solution for this- pk :)

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i guess that kill is recorded in your next sortee.
    can you test this logics?

4. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Hahah....wait till I have you close enough. :turret: :D

5. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

So, after I land and take off again, if the other pilot crashes/exits in my country/bails then I'll get that recorded kill? It doesn't seem to work that way right now. I've been shot down recently and ditched in gold land on their field actually and, I waited a while and exited, not giving kill recorded to other opponent. Also, I've been noticing in the TA that shooting up an opponent or myself and crashing there is no kill recorded sometimes.

6. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Have two other ideas to add. These are features that were present in Air Warrior and were nice to have.

1. Limited on board radar. The function would be that when going to map view while in the aircraft, the map would have markers in the corner of each sector indicating who is there. The image below shows what I mean. The dots represent 8,2 has 3 Reds and 6 Golds. 9,2 has 5 Reds and 2 Golds. While in a plane, you would know someone is in your sector but, you wouldn't know where exactly. In Air Warrior, there were no radar range limits so you could zoom out on the map and see the markers all across the map. I know this seems dweebish but, considering you can ask someone who is in a tower for radar reports it seems only fair that we should be able to have that info. This makes it easier with low numbers of users, and especially since we have new users showing up looking for some action. It's the same reason we have computer gunners (ottos). If there were people who wanted to volunteer to gun a bomber, then ottos wouldn't be necessary. So, if someone wanted to sit in the tower and give radar reports, I wouldn't recommend it. It's boring. In Air Warrior they never had ottos because there were hundreds of pilots online who would man the gunner positions. We used to fight for gunner positions. You couldn't pay somebody to man a gunner position now in WB. (I think gunner kills counted towards fighter kill tallies too)

[​IMG]

2. Closed field indicator. In Air Warrior, when a field was closed, the field would turn gray in color, and all field names were a larger font size and bold. The numbers on our maps are small with thin (32) numbers as apposed to larger and bold (32). The image below shows Field F32 closed, in Gray. (Dark Red is difficult to see against the land colors.) I set the font to Narkisim for the fields. Easier to read.

[​IMG]

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

* in-flight radar should be discussed. now developers tend to give radar for pe-3, bf 110 g-2/r3, mosquito fb 6, and ki-45 kai. highly probably for interceptor variants, i.e. no bombs/rockets taken into flight.

* positioning accurate row of dots for indication of population is interesting, but i have no idea how to implement it. at least graphically. on the other side we can consider dot-command with text report. but...

* wb has built-in graphical arrows, white and red. ien used it to indicate vectors for crowd of friends or crowd of foes. i suppose that when we can imagine where to point'em, we can try to implement'em.

* i guess that greying a field is possible only by painting it grey at all. well, since it's closed, acks couldn't damage friends flying by. must think of it.

8. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I really like the RADAR idea. It would be awesome if you guys could find a way to make it work. :)

9. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

The other night I had another idea to add more challenge to the map clearing squads.
    Require more paratroopers to capture fields which are larger in size.
    Example:
    Small Field: 8 paratroopers
    Medium Field: 12 paratroopers
    Large Field: 16 paratroopers

Also, concerning CV's, make level bombing more difficult, like cause the CV to change direction. Is it possible to give the fleet of ships random paths rather than the predicable paths they have now?

What do you guys think of these ideas?

10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

And the re-spawning of CV's back to their original start point. I don't really like that idea for two reasons. We know that carrier groups did not vanish and re-appear somewhere else when sunk or captured. It provides an unfair tactical advantage both ways. Example: The one sinking/capturing the fleet will attack an apposing field when it spawns. On the flip side, the apposing side can just circle above with buffs waiting for it to appear and sink it in less than 15 min.

Having said all that, is it possible to have the CV group just change country side and stay where it is at the time rather than re-spawn somewhere else? There's a lot of realism missing in that re-spawning of CV fleets.

11. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Anyone have any input here?

12. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

I do that all the time......of course, I also up a fighter on the chance that a bomber will be showing up at the spawn point.

Sadly, I get accusations of being a cheater when I do things like anticipate the opponent's next move.

I like this idea.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  13. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Can we ban letez? :p

14. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

Would like first more smoke from dmg buildings, tracers from aa and jeeps, a little bit of night. Maybe better graphic for aircrafts (we all now have at least good computer and decent graphic card) :@drunk: maybe some nice ladies to promote this game :alc:

15. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

16. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

So you're wanting pe2 gunners to be women with big tits, too? :mafia:
    Also, tracers from jeep would be awesome. Whatever you guys did to get a tracer from the tank firing it's main gun should work IMHO.

17. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

TABAHOST? :rolleyes:

18. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Dunno...never been to tabahost. What is it?

19. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I already asked about that. Tracers for jeep acks visible by pilots or other vehicles. I think it's something that's in the works.

20. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a bug but, it's been like this for a while....
    Pilot kill when extending or retracting gear. I've flown on the gold side and found that some German planes if you accidentally hit the landing gear and the plane dropped to the ground that would kill the pilot. And also, if belly landed or retracted gear while on the ground, if you extend gear, that kills the pilot.

So, extending or retracting gear should not kill pilot, in my view.

Another thing: With gear extended, pilot kill when plane tips over, tail over. When I've landed and pressed the brake too much or was off the runway, in the grass, some planes when they go bottoms up, or tail up and over, and you're upside down, that kills the pilot.

Tipping a plane over shouldn't kill the pilot under a certain speed on different planes.