WBFH Full installer: 1.69 Beta

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Myg, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Myg

Myg FH Beta Tester

[Official Download] WBFH Full installer: 1.69 Beta

Wbfree.net in conjunction with friend(s) have compiled this installer for general consumption. We hope it meets with your approval;

Includes:

- Vista/Windows 7 Keyboard + Mouse fix
    - Warbirds 2.77 Full Installation
    - IEN 1024 Cockpits
    - WBFH Cockpit Collection
    - WBFH Sound Collection
    - IEN Map Collection
    - WBFH 1.69 Beta Launcher
    - Working Proxy as default
    - Map preview collection
    - A really crappy il2 cockpit (Special thanks to exec <3)

Instructions:

1. Download :zzz:

2. Install :@popcorn:

3. Log in :D

4. Play :joystick:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  2. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

3. Myg

Myg FH Beta Tester

Exec please sticky this and remove the autopatcher thread. Thank you.

4. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Better yet; let the stuff atrophy, it will if The new Process is effective.
    I got some plans to try.

5. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

6. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

wtg Myg, this place needs people who actually care.

7. Myg

Myg FH Beta Tester

Thanks -al---, but I must say; exec cares very much about all this as well but it generally gets lost somewhere in the translation between Russian to English and having to constantly deal with forums and devs (Drives you mad)

Infact, without -exec- this wouldn't of been possible or atleast with the level of quality; so best give most credit to him. Your lucky to have someone so dedicated to the free host.

:)

If you guys can spread the word that this package is avail to those who might of been deterred before, that would be graciously accepted. :fly2:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  8. sufi

sufi Active Member

WTG!

9. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

yeah, a lot of things get lost in the translations, like change logs etc. ;)

10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Holy freakin' smokes. Is this all it took to get an auto-installing patch included launcher????

Thanks Myg! Gotta get a hold of "hogie" as he has told me his son has a big gaming community (200+ users) that ARE interested in trying this simulator/game!

Would be nice if exec/al/bimbom/fas......somebody could open up a NEW arena that is setup in EASY MODE on a fairly small map so new guys can mess around and learn to practice! I KNOW this works. I flew among hundreds of pilots, finding packed arenas in 200+ numbers where people were having a ball, me included. I spent hundreds of hours every month starting in 1997 in Beta Big Week (where I started flying the P-38) (Air Warrior), Air Warrior I, Air Warrior II, Air Warrior III, Air Warrior III Millennium. And when EA bought it, took it over, and then started changing aircraft modeling....hundreds started leaving...including me. I hung on until the end in late 2001. (And I still have Air Warrior III Millenium installed on this OS since then) Then Jochen talked me into WBFH.....the rest is history. It was an interesting adjustment, going from Relaxed Realism to Full Realism but, I adjusted. If that's the only adjustment new players have to make, THAT is a reasonably easy adjustment! Modeling...all I can say is....don't make the aircraft so difficult to fly. All the extensive discussions I've participated in are only an attempt to correct errors, not to create new ones. Even the veterans ....bullet, boa, biles, mumble, biles, rickoo, jochen, flymax, and on and on.....and myself find it quite frustrating after years of flying good aircraft, only to find them .....well....yeah.

If aircraft are very difficult/impossible to control, we'll lose pilots. I see good improvements and think it's great! Otherwise, I'd leave long time ago, and I wouldn't offer to work on modeling issues and cockpit graphics. Like flymax told us on teamspeak one evening....he said: "if it wasn't for you guys, I'd been long gone, long ago" after cursing developers over and over... and accusing me of hacking his joystick or something.:zzz:

It's teamwork/interaction/discussion/cooperation. That's what keeps WBFH going!

Thanks again Myg!
    :@prayer: :@prayer: :@prayer: :@prayer: :@prayer:

MAYBE we'll see this again......
    http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6998

[​IMG]

Also, should have TA fully described......Test Arena

11. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

haven't tried. go for it.

13. Myg

Myg FH Beta Tester

UPDATE:

I FOUND A SERIOUS BUG IN THE INSTALLATION CONFIGURATION.

Due to some really awkward sillyness with FH Launcher and the installer configuration, it seems the WB Path works upon first launch but not upon consecutive launches (no idea why this is happening). :znaika:

A fix for those technical minded: :deal:

- Open regedit
    - Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/FreeHost Launcher
    - Edit the "WBPath" from "..\warbirds" to your warbirds installation path. Example: "C:\Program Files\Wbfree.net\Warbirds"

For the rest of you, I will be updating the main download shortly and reuploading it with a fix: :shuffle:

To correct your installation you will need to:
    - Uninstall Freehost Full installer
    - Download New Full installer
    - Install new Full installer

Expect it later this afternoon (16:00 GMT). :zzz:

Peace out yo. :fly2: ( <--- Weed is for losers btw, but flying isnt)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  14. Myg

Myg FH Beta Tester

Package Uploaded and functionally verified.

Enjoy

15. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

consequtive sequential runs? ;)

p.s.alien language :shuffle:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  16. Myg

Myg FH Beta Tester

Yea, had something weird going on; when you closed FHL and reopened it: It wouldn't detect the warbirds relative directory I used in the installer. So I changed it to an absolute directory.

17. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Consecutive, not sequential. Different meanings. :)
    Consecutive: Follows exact numerical order of repeated progress. (1,2,3,4)
    Sequential: Follows order of assembly or other sequence: (Started engine, engine ran, engine overheat, engine blow up, engine stopped)
    :D

18. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

how about "repeatedly"?

or i must look into dictionary, finally?

19. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

One VERY important thing I will mention....not everyone installs this software into the same directory.

Because the installer/setup software allows you to create new folders, change folder locations, change drive locations, having that choice is going to create problems. Because we can choose where to install, can change folders, can change hard drive location during installation, I believe this can cause and is causing problems because WarBirds, FHL, or other add-ons are using/pointing to a standard directory reference. Windows OS is also referencing and keeping track of these or trying to correct references.

This has to be a much bigger issue with Win7 since that OS is more user-friendly, always trying to "fix" or "correct" what it thinks is wrong with glitchy software. This would explain why people can install WBFH, run the game, and restart the computer, try starting the game, and it quits/crashes.

I think WarBirds and all other WarBirds add-on software should be setup so that the person installing softare has no choice what folder to install into and cannot create/rename a folder somewhere else, and especially not in another drive/partition. Some computer techies have strange ideas of where to put files/folders into their various partitioned drives, etc. :dura: As long as WarBirds and WarBirds FreeHost are installed into the primary C:\, there shouldn't be issues. If the common people can just click, install, update, etc and and the software does the rest, it will work. Make it simple for the folks who have never used WBFH, and we will have more success in keeping new people! :mafia:

So, instead of having something like:
    "C:\Program Files\FreeHost Launcher",
    That directory should be combined with the standard directory (C:\iMagic Online\Warbirds\) for WarBirds so it's like this:

C:\iMagic Online\Warbirds\FreeHost Launcher

This way, it's all in one place.

I've been guilty of trying to organize and customize things which have caused a few problems which I've seen with other people as well.

With existing WBFH install (without Myg launcher):
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Right now, when I record films, they are stored in my folder:
    "C:\Program Files\FreeHost Launcher\168Beta\Tracks". This is where I set my install in case I wanted to run 167 again and not have to re-install everything.

I can't play tracks or use the track player from that directory since there is no track player installed into that directory and the track player is apparently setup to function with a preset directory. So, I have to copy a trk file I want to view and paste it into my
    "C:\Program Files\FreeHost Launcher\Tracks"
    to view it.

Also, unrelated but annoying is that each time a trk file is played, it adds more chat to the console. I think there should be, if possible, a separate console that records text.

I'll have more to write later...

20. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Installer should have all dependencies part and parcel and those in their own environment. Or something like that. Uh, like a sandboxed or 0install

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011