I selfbombed........once

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Cabron, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

And it was this last saturday night.

I flew my first mission in a p38 and was able to drop two bombs on deck of enemy aircraft carrier.

On my next mission, I was being chased and shot so I pulled power and hit the V key to force an overshoot since I had no elevator at the time.

I heard the bomb drop because I had hit the B key (right next to the V key).

I instantly realized my mistake but instead of saying whoops I hit it again right away and laughed.

Then a self riteous dude who I've seen do questionable things in the arena gave me crap.

So I've done this once in 10 years.

Does this mean I have caught the lame from Letez?

Is there any hope or is this the beginning of my downhill spiral to the world of being a dweeb?

2. demian

demian Well-Known Member

You: 2:40:38 AM -HOST-(Host): You got a piece of usurpr yourself though!
    2:40:38 AM -HOST-(Host): usurpr was killed by Ack Weenies!

me: 2:40:47 AM boa---(Common): nice selfkill

You: 2:40:53 AM usurpr(Common): first time for everything

me: 2:41:02 AM boa---(Common): ur father did that too in Nam?

(This is based on stories u like to tell about ur father doing this, and that
    in 'Nam)

You: 2:41:21 AM usurpr(Common): My first self kill ever and it wasn't really on purpose
    2:41:33 AM usurpr(Common): so please stuff it up your vagina

me: 2:41:33 AM boa---(Common): right

When i drop bomb on target (not at sea at 50m alt) i say , sry -nickname-,
    was not on purpose. Did u ? So, yes i think u will start to like selfkills..Why not
    u obviously did not feel the obligation to say "Sry"...

3. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

or FU Beybek :)

4. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Interesting. Only time will tell if you have fallen prey to the temptations of the Dark Side. In order to atone for you sins(not really for self-killing but for doing in the a P-38-shame!) you should be wingman for Redant and patrol the stratosphere with him for a few missions.

What size bombs did you have? I would imagine that if you were being followed so closely and you were low enough the guy on your six would catch some of the bomb blast?

I think that would have pissed him off much more to be shot down by a 1,000 pounder!

Maybe we could do some testing to see what alt-speed and distance is needed to blow-up a bandit on the six of a P-38.
    That info could come-in handy some times.!:D

5. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

The point is that I don't cheat and have spent much of the 10 years I've flown warbirds crusading against dweebery, gaming the game, and outright cheating.

As far as my father in nam.

I've only mentioned his action once to McLoud and he, being the kid who's dad was a hockey bully, decided to rib me for it every time he sees me which brings other like thinking chumps to comment from the peanut gallery.

McLoud's ok because we all know what we are getting into when dealing with him..........He just wants to have fun and sometimes provoking people is fun.

My father has flown many a mission here over the last decade but he decided that he didn't like "non-flying weasels" talking smack.

This happened over at IEN so it wasn't you guys here who gave him that attitude toward internet pilots.

Me, I prefer to treat anyone online as if they were standing in front of me because anybody can track anybody down and call him on it face to face.

6. looseleaf

Very good points, but we should all speak to each other as though we are face to face not because the world is small and there are a lot of ways for anyone to meet face to face with the enough motivation- but for the simple reason of self respect and respect of others.

I have had several friends and relatives who were real test pilots, combat pilots from different generations and theaters, see either myself or another family member play online flight games. (FH and others).

They all sort of chuckled and shook their heads.
    The only comment I ever got(that I can repeat) was one old boy looked at the F4U and said ; "I got over 24 hundred hours in that plane and * kills."

I realized we were just dreaming the romantic dream.
    We are all silly children when it comes to "real combat experienced pilots".

In some ways I was ashamed to have been seen playing the "silly game".

The one positive thing was it was a way of opening a dialog with them and getting them to let slip some details of their adventures that they were usually hesitant to share .

Your father is right.

7. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I think not saying "sorry, wasn't intentional" may have a been a mistake, but I'm not ready to add Cabron to my shit list because of that. Based on his conduct in the arena and on the forum, he seems like a sound person to me.

That said .... fucking self killer! :p

8. thug

thug Well-Known Member

Cabron you wouldn't happen to be an ex-marine yourself would you? After reading this post, which is funny btw. I feel like I know you and your father from IEN and he did in fact fly here for awhile.

Ask olgrly how he's doing for me please.

Tell him karma-/demon- says hi

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  9. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

I was IcePaq at IEN and I got banned there because I made mention of this place.

I was Quisp in Air Warrior and changed handles a couple of times at IEN......those handles being IcePac, Shwing, and Cabron.

I would like to fly here as IcePaq and did so for a while but when I got a new machine, I could not regain the handle so it is Usurpr as of this time.

10. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

probably...
    you should take a break from havin a sex and go see a doctor

11. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

plz PM me your forum login and pass, and i will retrieve your FH pass for icepaq

12. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Olglry was a real standup guy. Shame he doesn't fly here anymore. He was one of the very few who would let you climb to co-alt, before he would start to engage. That is of course, is you took off from the field he was flying at.

It was a breeze of fresh air in times when Pietas did nothing but fly from airfield to airfield to vulch the lambs on take-off.

-Z

13. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

wolf goes after the lambs
    if they preferred to be lambs.. :p

14. looseleaf

More like jackals and hyenas.

Have you ever seen a big game hunter mount the head of a lamb over the fire place?

:rolleyes:

15. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

well if lambs are all there is you either hunt them or leave

16. looseleaf

One does not "hunt" lambs.

17. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i never said hunt
    not that i see the difference between shooting a lamb or a deer
    both have kinda equal chances agains guy with a rifle, in the end :p

and ww2 sim, if its the sim you play, isnt about winning trophies
    u prefer jackals or hienas, so be it, you should know tho their hunting tactics are pretty much the same :D
    always pick the weakest, attack in packs

18. zeybek

zeybek Well-Known Member

fu self killer and fu ntom :D

19. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

fucking shit i love selfbombing
    fuck all of you fucked up fuckers and your fucking selfless bombing
    B-29 in FH now for atomic selfbombing!!!

20. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

olglry was a self righteous, arrogant, whiner on the top level. If he got killed, he made up any story in the book to explain how you cheated or how he was taken advantage of. I used to love searching him down. He put me on his hated list after I bounced him and he didn't see it on deck. :zzz: I'd like to see him on here again so I can knock him outa the sky again. :D