[help] need some translations

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -nicae-, Nov 16, 2003.

1. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

sry to bug you fella's, but i need your help!

i have this project in university, and its practically done. it has a small abstract (summary), and it needs to be translated to other languages.

if you could help, please do so, but keep it original! (i mean, if you're translating to russian, do it in cyrillic :))

i'll post the portuguese version too, as it may help if you dont know the exact meaning in english.
    oh, and it doesnt have to be 110% accurate, as i really doubt the teacher will be able to understand czech or russian. :D

here it goes:

Abstract
    The high competitiveness existing in the most diverse sectors of the global economy demands from the participating companies, an increasing search for innovation, increase in quality and addition of aggregate value to their assets and services. The objective of this project is to analyze the reasons why Brazilian companies, in general, don't have the tradition of investing in such an important area as research and development (R&D), although the Brazilian economy is each day more involved with the competitive global markets. This publication is elaborated through the formulation of hypotheses based on secondary information, extracted from third party scientific texts. Finally, the project concludes that, indeed, Brazilian companies find great obstacles to perform R&D activities, reducing their competitiveness. Therefore, some suggestions are made for the companies about the problem, as well as some recommendations for future studies on the same subject.

Uniterms
    Research and development, national companies, return on investment, management policies

obs: uniterms = key words
    obs2: in uniterms, "national companies" does NOT mean "state/public companies". it means "companies of this nation".

portuguese:
    Resumo
    A alta competitividade existente nos mais diversos setores da economia mundial demanda das empresas participantes uma busca crescente por inovaзгo, aumento de qualidade e adiзгo de valor agregado a seus bens e serviзos. Neste trabalho, objetiva-se a anбlise dos motivos pelos quais as empresas brasileiras, em geral, nгo possuem tradiзгo de investir em uma бrea tгo importante quanto a de pesquisa e desenvolvimento (P&D), apesar da economia brasileira estar cada vez mais entrelaзada com os competitivos mercados globais. O estudo se desenvolve atravйs da formulaзгo de hipуteses baseadas em dados secundбrios, extraнdos de artigos cientнficos de terceiros. Por fim, conclui-se que, de fato, as empresas nacionais encontram grandes obstбculos para realizarem atividades de P&D, reduzindo sua competitividade. Assim, sгo feitas algumas sugestхes аs empresas em relaзгo ao problema, assim como algumas recomendaзхes para os prуximos estudos que virгo sobre esse mesmo tema.

Palavras-chave
    Pesquisa e desenvolvimento, empresas nacionais, retorno sobre investimento, polнtica de gestгo

the most languages, the better :p
    BIG THANKSSSSSS! :D

Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
    1 person likes this.
  2. dyer

dyer Well-Known Member

I'll do one for you in french as soon as I get back here, in a few hours. Promised!

3. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

here you go in polish (polski):

"Podsumowanie:

Wysoki poziom wspуłzawodnictwa istniejący wśrуd najrozmaitszych sektorуw ekonomii globalnej, wymaga od partycypujących kompanii coraz to większych nakładуw na jakość, innowacyjność oraz dodawanie łącznej wartości do swych aktyw i usług.
    W tym projekcie, celem jest analiza dlaczego brazylijskie kompanie nie mają tradycji w inwestowaniu w tak ważne obszary jak R&D, pomimo tego, że ekonomia brazylijska jest z dnia na dzień coraz to bardziej zaangażowana we wspуłzawodnictwo na rynkach światowych. Owa publikacja oparta jest o zbiуr hipotez bazujących na źrуdłach wybranych z tekstуw naukowych, nie będących stroną w kompetycjach.
    Wreszcie, projekt podsumowuje ,że rzeczywiście brazylijskie kompanie mają olbrzymie trudności w prowadzeniu działań z zakresu R&D i te właśnie zmniejszają ich konkurencyjność.
    Jednakże, kilka sugestii zostało podsuniętych odnośnie problemu, jak i rekomendacji dla następnych badań w tymże temacie.

Terminy uniwersalne:

Wynalazczość i rozwуj (z angielskiego R&D), kompanie krajowe, zwrot kosztуw inwestycji, polityka zarządzania"

hope this helps

Last edited: Nov 16, 2003
  4. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Hey Nicae :)

I just read over your summary in English, and it is almost perfect, but there are a few spelling things and a few strange lines.

General:
    In english, you capitalize the countries. So, when you use the word Brazilian, be sure to capitalize it :)

Spelling
    1. ...extracted from third-party scientific texts...

Weird Sentences:
    The final sentence says, "as well as some recommendations for the next studies that are to come on the same subject." I read what you said in portuguese, and a line that would make more sense to an english-speaking person is "as well as some recommendations for the next studies that are to be done on the same subject." It sounds better, the whole "que viene" stuff doesn't work well when directly translated :)

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted, just wanted to make it flow better for ya :)

Good luck!

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Abstract
    The high competitiveness existant in the most diverse sectors of the global economy demands from the participant companies an increasing search for inovation, increase in quality and addition of aggregated value to their assets and services. In this project, the objective is to analyze the reasons why brazilian companies, in general, don't have the tradition in investing in such an important area as research and development (R&D), although the brazilian economy is each day more involved with the competetive global markets. This publication is disinvolved through the formulation of hypotheses based on secondary information, extracted from third party cientific texts. Finally, the project concludes that, indeed, brazilian companies find great obstacles to perform R&D activities, reducing their competitivenss. Therefore, some suggestions are made for the companies about the problem, as well as some recommendations for the next studies that are to come on the same subject

Uniterms
    Research and development, national companies, return over investment, management policies

Abstracto
    La alta competitividad existente en los mбs diversos sectores de la economнa global requiere de las compaснas participantes una bъsqueda creciente de innovaciуn, incremento de la calidad y adiciуn de valores aсadidos a sus activos y servicios. En este proyecto, el objetivo es analizar las razones por las cuales las compaснas brasileсas, en general, no tienen el hбbito de invertir en бreas tan importantes como investigaciуn y desarrollo (I+D), a pesar de que la economнa brasileсa estб cada dнa mбs involucrada con los competitivos mercados globales. Este estudio se desarrolla a travйs de la formulaciуn de hipуtesis basadas en informaciones secundarias, extraнdas de textos cientнficos de terceras personas. Finalmente, el proyecto concluye que, de hecho, las compaснas brasileсas encuentran enormes obstбculos para llevar a cabo actividades de I+D, reduciendo su competitividad. Por tanto, se plantean varias sugerencias a las compaснas acerca del problema, asн como ciertas recomendaciones para los prуximos estudios que traten el mismo tema.

Palabras clave:
    Investigaciуn y Desarrollo, compaснas nacionales, recuperaciуn de la inversiуn, polнtica de gestiуn

P.S: I hope it can help

6. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

<Z>

7. muf-lo

muf-lo Well-Known Member

Here my best try in Italian:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riassunto:
    L'alta competitivitа esistente nei piщ diversi settori dell'economia globale richiede alle imprese partecipanti una crescente ricerca per l'innovazione, incremento in qualitа e valore aggiunto per le loro attivitа e servizi. In questo progetto l'obiettivo и analizzare le ragioni per le quali le imprese brasiliane, in generale, non hanno la tradizione di investire in aree cosм importanti come la ricerca e lo sviluppo (R&D), nonostante l'economia brasiliana sia ogni giorno piщ coinvolta nei competitivi mercati globali. Questo studio si svolge attraverso la formulazione di ipotesi basate su informazioni secondarie, estratte da testi scientifici di terze parti. Infine il progetto conclude che, di fatto, le imprese brasiliane incontrano grossi ostacoli a porre in atto attivitа di R&D, riducendo la loro competitivitа. Pertanto vengono dati alcuni suggerimenti sul problema, cosм come alcune raccomandazioni per i prossimi studi che tratteranno lo stesso tema.

Parole chiave:
    Ricerca e sviluppo, imprese nazionali, recupero degli investimenti, politiche di gestione

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your future doesn't depends on my translation, right? :p

Oh, and try to come back in arena, I miss my 6 calls to you for low flying Li-2! :D

8. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

In English you capitalize the Countries yes but no nationalities. Brazilian is a nationality <<< just looked for it and you were right, Nationalities and Countries in Capital letter.

9. dyer

dyer Well-Known Member

Here is my translation to french

Rйsumй
    La forte compйtition existant dans les secteurs les plus diversifiйs de l?йconomie globale exige de la part des compagnies participantes une recherche accrue d?innovation, une augmentation de la qualitй et l?ajout d?une valeur ajoutйe а leurs avoirs et services. Dans ce projet, l?objectif est d?analyser les raisons pourquoi les compagnies brйsiliennes, en gйnйral, n?ont pas comme tradition d?investir dans des domaines aussi important tel que la recherche et dйveloppement (R&D), bien que l?йconomie brйsilienne est plus impliquйe а chaque jour dans la compйtition des marchйs mondiaux. Cette publication est prйsentйe а travers la formulation d?hypothиses basйes sur de l?information secondaire, extraite de textes scientifiques publiйs par des tiers. Finalement, le projet conclu que, en effet, les compagnies brйsiliennes rencontre de grands obstacles pour mener а bien des activitйs de R&D, rйduisant leur compйtitivitй. Donc, quelques suggestions sont faites pour les compagnies pour rйgler ce problиme, tout comme certaines recommandations pour les prochains travaux а кtre rйalisйs sur ce mкme sujet.

Mots clйs
    Recherche et dйveloppement, compagnies nationalisйs, retour sur l?investissement, politiques de gestion

I just have a small question since I'm not sure about what you mean with your "disinvolved" word... Could you please explain it to me so I can give you a better translation than "Prйsentйe"? Thanks...

10. -nicae-

\Dis`in*volve"\, v. t. To uncover; to unfold or unroll; to disentangle. [R.] --Dr. H. More.

to unfold or unroll. :)
    or, "the publication is made by.."

sheeshush people, thanks thanks for the help :D

11. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Isn't innovation with 2xn in english? :)

Sorry. I'm too lazy to translate finnish version.
    Instead I'll be nitpicking as usual. :D

12. -nicae-

here's the finnish version sent to my via PM by airfax, but in PM i dont have finnish char set. could you nitpick them for me? :)

and yes, innovation has 2 'n's. mistakes are everywhere.. thx for pointing it out to me :D

<removed - already fixed finnish version>

13. dyer

dyer Well-Known Member

Some changes proposed to the french version by bzeuhh, and I believe he is right on one of them. "compagnies nationalisйes" should be "compagnies nationales". Now, you can also choose between "compagnie" and "entreprise", depending of what you want it to mean.

14. -nicae-

thanks again! :cool:
    company has a meaning of business company.

15. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

checking html...
    "& auml ;" &auml;
    "& ccedil ;" &ccedil;

failed. well, rendering this quote as html will solve problem.

16. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

I would be more likely to do the English version as follows (changes in bold):-

Abstract
    The high competitiveness existing in the most diverse sectors of the global economy demands from the participating companies, an increasing search for innovation, increase in quality and addition of aggregate value to their assets and services. The objective of this project is to analyze the reasons why Brazilian companies, in general, don't have the tradition of investing in such an important area as research and development (R&D), although the Brazilian economy is each day more involved with the competitive global markets. This publication is disinvolved through the formulation of hypotheses based on secondary information, extracted from third party scientific texts. Finally, the project concludes that, indeed, Brazilian companies find great obstacles to perform R&D activities, reducing their competitiveness. Therefore, some suggestions are made for the companies about the problem, as well as some recommendations for future studies on the same subject.

Uniterms
    Research and development, national companies, return on investment, management policies

The only word I am not real sure of is "disinvolved" as I am not sure what the portuguese word means, but possibly should read "This publication has evolved...."

regards, Oz

17. -nicae-

ok new english version:

Abstract
    The high competitiveness existing in the most diverse sectors of the global economy demands from the participating companies, an increasing search for innovation, increase in quality and addition of aggregate value to their assets and services. The objective of this project is to analyze the reasons why Brazilian companies, in general, don't have the tradition of investing in such an important area as research and development (R&D), although the Brazilian economy is each day more involved with the competitive global markets. This publication is elaborated through the formulation of hypotheses based on secondary information, extracted from third party scientific texts. Finally, the project concludes that, indeed, Brazilian companies find great obstacles to perform R&D activities, reducing their competitiveness. Therefore, some suggestions are made for the companies about the problem, as well as some recommendations for future studies on the same subject.

Uniterms

18. -nicae-

thanks for the tip exec!
    finnish:

Tiivistelmд
    Suuren kilpailukyvyn omaaminen useilla erilaisilla kansainvдlisen talouden alueilla vaatii osallistuvien yritysten lisддntyvдд panostusta uudistuksiin, laadun lisддmiseen ja varojen sekд palvelujen yhdenmukaistamista . Tдssд tutkimuksessa, tarkoitus on tarkastella miksi brasilialaisilla yrityksillд, yleisesti ottaen, ei ole perinteitд sijoittaa niinkin merkittдviin alueisiin kuten tutkimus ja kehitys (T&K), vaikkakin brasilialainen talous on pдivд pдivдltд enemmдn mukana kansainvдlisen kilpailun markkinoilla. Tдmд julkaisu on eriytetty toisen kдden tiedoista syntyneistд hypoteeseistд, ja mukailtu kolmannen osapuolen tieteellisistд teksteistд. Lopuksi, projektin lopputulos on, ettд brasilialaisilla yrityksillд on todellakin suuria esteitд T&K tyцn kehittдmisessд, mikд alentaa niiden kilpailukyvyn kehittymistд. Siitд syystд on esitetty muutamia ehdotuksia ongelman tiimoilta, kuten myцs suosituksia samaan lopputulokseen tulevien myцhempien tutkimusten varalta.

Avainsanat
    Tutkimus- ja kehitystyц, kansalliset yhtiцt, palautuvat investoinnit, johtamispolitiikat

19. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Joku voisi piruuttaan tarkistaa tuon suomenkielisen version, jotta en ihan hirveitд virheitд tehnyt :)

airfax :cheers:

20. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Aggregate in English means Gravel or the like, i.e mass of minerals formed into solid rock.

English is an extremely difficult language in that there is many ways of writing the same sentence, for example the above could be written as:

I'm however not sure about the use of the word assets as this seems to be out of context (increasing the value of ones assets has very little impact on the quality of a product) so personnally I'd change it to Reputation as this in terms of selling a product has more impact, or Investment for the same reason.

End of the day it depends on what you're trying to say though.

Mal