Loosing guns in warping

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Feb 7, 2005.

1. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

2. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Well, I dont really care because if I warp it means that withing 30 seconds my computer is kicked off the internet so.... whoo hoo!

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

4. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

WTG admins :)
    First change since long time on FH that I really like :)

5. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

great , now all Sibeerians won't have the chance to defend :D

6. adamec

adamec Well-Known Member

I stand by this idea. I have an impression that there were less warpers in MA recently. GJ admins!
    I know that this option is not good for players with worse connection, but it increases gameplay fun significantly.

adamec

7. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

CC - good idea

8. Mr Hope

Mr Hope Well-Known Member

Not all Sibeerians. :) Im from Moscow, Ffly from Yroslavl. Many Sibeerians use good channel to FH. :) No mersy, Vojtas. :)

9. klaf

klaf Member

FU very much for the idea, now me and friends won't fly - there is penalty for just "one" >3s warp !

sry for the words; me and mob angry, want to see it changed

thx in advance & greetz

10. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

WTG for idea but it's time for me to retire. I play on 2Mbps broadband and it happens once/two for hour that it looses packets. But yesterday I flied with 120ms ping and green beacon all time and my guns were jammed. Can't it be little changed - like unjamming guns after 5 minutes, or checking that warp occured 3 times in 5 miuntes period and then disable guns? I never were called warper, mb once when all server was warping, but it really fucked me up.

11. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

I think that I found how to give a chance for game. There is software called TCPOptimizer, it tweaks a connection. It can check for MaxMTU - maximum unfragmented packet send to server. Write IP of FH then ping it with TCPOpt. Then select Optimal Settings and reboot at prompt. I tried now, 2 sorties and no guns jammed.

But always i got jammed guns when ... I click FLY and it's my first sortie. I have slow machine then game loads sounds (additional) and it takes over 3 seconds, so game stucks for that moment and just after appearing on runway i have guns disabled. That's also why i don't fly from cv's ;) Game freezes for moment and when i spawns, instead of stay on deck I appears just few meters behind rear of cv, then I vertically fall into water.

12. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

great idea, but bad rules
    warpers with 200-1000ms (-----^------^--^-^--) connection are much more annoying than guy with decent connex who got a scandisc schedule ;)

imho more rules should be added - non stop exceeding 500ms for example
    etc

and about that 3sec 1time lag - give 2 chances (two lags over 3sec = guns jamm)

13. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

WTG nice move :)

Oh and thanks for the suggestion laxtsc. If I have any problems, i'll try it out.

14. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

I think Having the connection limit set to 2k would be most fair. Because in my experience, sometimes people are honest and will fly buffs on bad connections, and why would we want to chase away some of the few people who will willingly fly a buff?

I had my first bad experience with this system last night. I was flying and spitfire jumped me on the deck, I did a sharp turn to burn of his energy then used acceleration to get away from him. With the spit at d11 I could see a gold behind him and so I did a few manoovers giving this gold a chance to blast the spitfire who really didnt seem to care that the 410 was behind him......After my already dmged plane took a string of 7mm I jumped because I was near friendly territory and wasnt gunna risk it.---In short, when I asked the gold why he didnt take that perfect setup he told me "My gunna jammed out of no where" which not to defend him- but I wish I would have known that before I gave awaay my distance to the spitfire.

I think we should stick with this 3000 ping system for atleast a month and see where we are after that. You all have already said there is a decrease in warpers, so lets just see how many of them get filtered out.

On nights where my ping is 400-600 I can fly and no one gives complaints of warping because my connection is consistant, no spikes, and so IMHO, no warps, but other times for some reason my connection will be garbage, and I just leave because quiet honestly, I dont like whatching things fly sideways.

15. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showpost.php?p=363466&postcount=52
    suggestion 1: if retrain occured without enemy presence, guns are not killed on warp.
    aike's answer: will be done today. if enemy plane is farther than d10, lag would not be counted.

suggestion 2: after shooter returned from warp, his shells fired while warping must be ignored.
    aike's answer: asap.

suggestion 3:
    weapon must not be killed irrevocably. having retraind duration N seconds, warper's guns must be out of game during from N*5 up to N*10. after that guns must be reactivated.
    aike's answer: asap.

16. mosche

mosche Well-Known Member

wtg admins, nicest feature ever heard here, but srry, what do our friend now???

17. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

WTG exec :) You gave me hope for not stressing flight. It was really crappy when I went onto 6-8km and no live soul was at nearby 10 miles and that ... surprise with guns ;) As I said, I'm not notorious warper, just one/two times a hour happens some ping peak, at 4/5 cases it happens on flight route to far field or on high altitudes when I'm alone.

18. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Thats a pritty good system, thank you admins, this was truely one of the better ideas youve had. "Come one, no one really likes this fuel thing :) "

19. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

I propose bad farting smell in warp's cockpit

20. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

errr... there is a "good farting smell"?