TABAHOST DAY - Final test!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Ricedd_EEB, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Ricedd_EEB

Ricedd_EEB Well-Known Member

Hi all

We would like to invite all pilots to join us in the "Tabahost Day". We are planing to start in the night of friday (aug 26, 2am GMT) till saturday all day long (aug 27). The idea is get the higher number of pilots as possible flying there this day.

The server is basicaly ready to run! With your help we would like to perform the server Final test this day!!

Besides the Final test, it´s a great oportunity to all of you check, not only in the theory, the new features added in the Tabahost server.

The TH team hope to count with your help, to see a good number of pilots online, so we and all of you can test the server.

Can we count with you?

Regards
    :cheers:

2. jfm

jfm Well-Known Member

close MA for few days

3. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

4. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

I remember one thing from TH that shocked me. I was chasing Reuben's 3 Ju87. I got too fast and too close in Typhoon and while passing them they maneuvered. Instead of 'You hit a plane' and instant death known from MA, my plane's wing hit one's Ju87 wing, both were ripped. Then me or my ripped wing had rammed other Ju87 that went into flames. That looked very well :) Mass accident :)

5. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I'm still WAY confused as to where Tabahost stands with regard to Freehost. :confused: Are they affiliates? Is Tabahost being developed in cooperation with FH? Or do they have nothing to do with each other whatsoever? Clue me in please!

6. ppedott_vibora

By parts, pal...

No, its separated developments of a concept of a WB server

Yes, The FH dev team gave some very important support to TH devs in order to put the server up, as well I would like to reinforce our thanks to Aike, -UF-, boroda, -exec-, rgreat, archer, and all Fh team that I cant recall now.

Basically TH is a entire new server, coded by the deck by franz-, but it has some (very good) features that you find at FH, (and a lot of) others that you cant find there, (and a lot of) others that you can find at original IE server(s), and (a lot of) that you cant find anywhere.
    You can fly there using only the config that you use to fly at FH with same programs, same planes and same launcher ... In matter of fact to became a hero at TH you just need to choose TH arena at arenalist in FHLauncher.

But you (and others) must be aware... fly WB at TH is not like FH, the concept is slighty different we have a radically different air DM and ground DM... but you must see, fly, fight and feel in order to make your own judgement.

See you there!
    <-+-Vib

7. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Thanks mate. That made things a bit clearer. I was wondering why the Tabahost arena showed up in the FH launcher tool in the first place if they had nothing to do with each other ... which would have been a bit weird. But it all makes sense now!

8. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

@laxtsc:
    Oh, you mean you got to see the happening?
    I got "uhoh, you collided" and was in tower in an instant...
    ...grrrr ;)

9. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

I got few questions :

Is the FM in TH same as in FH?

You able to change FM?

Collisions really don't kill player in 100% of cases?

How long is night in RL hours?

PS. Yes ,closing MA good idea for supporting TH. :)

10. ppedott_vibora

yes, only rgreat & team can change it.

No, in 66% of cases, if you collide you will be able to hit <enter> 3 times :)

The TH timemult is 6, so 5 real days = 1 virtual month.
    1 TH hour = 12 real minutes,
    TH nights are 2 hours, so, about 24 real minutes
    (But in this case I can be wrong -Im not good in such complex Physics %) )

If I found boroda online at ICQ, I will ask him about it.
    Thankx!
    BTW jacobe, was great flights other day at TH! :cheers:

11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

men, isn't it a joke about downing MA?
    no, seriously!

downing MA won't help, imho, since there are SA and TA. since TH is not concurent to MA (due to another conception), downing all three MA, SA and TA would be a bit over the top.

12. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

some people just dont look, beyond login, and others hate to try new things. :0 so i think there were serious but also esecs right thatas a bit extream.

better imop would be for fh to update its loggin message for ma to reqwest/or infor people to switch afilite sight to help them test there server.

no mater what u do people who dont want to try the new server wont, theyll just leave pissed a fh if they shut ma down.

i intend to lllok in somtime during test, ive looked it b4 and found the consepts nice and refreshing but could never find a real fight to make any real opinion of your new setems. gl on test and see u somtime during. :)

13. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

:D

We need more players.Are there just 20-30 of us loosers in the whole world who share the unability to get along in RL ,intrests and psychic problems we have?

How about starting to spread the word about FH and try find all the people in the world intrested in ww2 flightsims having either :

1§ old computer which don't run the 21st century state-of-the-art games.

2§ freak or stupid personality which are welcome here ,cause it seems MA nowdays attracts all sorts of bad behaving cussers and dorks around the world ,let's just offer the a possibility to find us easier ;)

3§ need to extend ego thinking they are ww2 fighter aces.

4§ need to insult and cuss with unknown people in internet to get some relief in their tormented puny lifes.

I kid .. Iii kid ;)

Otherwise I think Freehost is great thing and <S> to admins ...allthought the spirit of it has gone so bad here. :( :( :( I'd put some advice on behaviour in here to welcome text appearing when enter arena and to main webpage IMHO. Bad Idea? I just fear it's all unfixable ,ppl around the world are starting to get more and more nutty and distracted from the real human life..Maybe incoming WW3 freshens some air ..eh? :dunno:

We get WW3 sim then exec? ;)

14. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

unfortunatelly I'm on one girl's birthday so I can't go on TH day.

There are still many bugs but I can't forgot some actions in TH, big formations of bombers look very cool, and tank battle is too nice.

15. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

i have not birthday :mafia:

16. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

I'll play this saturday! rain it or not!

17. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I'll definitely be there :)

I think the biggest problem is that alot of pilots dont look at the forum. If there are very few pilots in TH, everyone will always go to FH because they are guaranteed some action in there. Sitting in TH for an hour waiting for someone else to join isnt much fun.

Btw I hope we can have another scenario soon in TH. The last one that Tigrou helped develop was GREAT fun :)

18. Ricedd_EEB

Ricedd_EEB Well-Known Member

That´s one of the reasons for this "Taba day". We wanna do the final test and make some action there, to show to everybody the new features under action. There are a lot of people that already log there, but as you said, didnt see action.

Cya there

19. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

Fatale is error in matrix :mafia: .

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  20. SteveS

SteveS Well-Known Member

Cant wait to drop that nuke :)