offtopic that is cut (Poll: Did you suffer spying on MA?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mixer, Feb 9, 2006.

1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

According to the announce dated 25 Jan 2006 http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29820

current Admin team has to note, that:

We count Spying as Cheating. This means that spying is forbidden. Players who will be catch in spying will be banned. Players, who will stay at tower for more than 5 minutes inactive can be kicked from arena by admins without any confirmation.

Now my comments:
    This thread and poll was started to the fact, that spying community are trying to allow spying back on MA. They had started attack on admin team when some players had been catched on spying.

If you have some doubts and really don't care about spying I'll ask you the following: "do not ruin the game for another pilots, please vote against spying" (choice #2). One spy can make many dirty things, e.g. ruin the fun of many players who are making the raid, attached on them and killing Ju52/Li2, etc.

I'll post the explanation with logs and poll in one hour and you will be able to consired yourself was our actions justified or not. If you have any doubs please wait with voting.

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Re: Poll: Did you suffer spying on MA?

миксер, предвыборная компания кончилась, началось голование. сотри агитацию, пожалуйста, пока я сам её не стёр.

твой модератор.

3. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

What do You mean 'inactive'? Asking, couse sometimes at big, organized raids, there is a leader sitting i twr and coordinating. Kicking such a person out is like blowing up HQ :/

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

That question was already answered: Admin team is not kicking inactive players with known nicknames.

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

this offtopic is cut from the original thread and moved to offtopic.

6. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

we just warn about the possibility to be kicked. you can inform us, that you want to organise something at tower. you can join, right after you got kicked. we will think about this behavior, if we get any trouble with it. but for now, i didn't kicked anybody, because i take the time to talk at first with these "tower-sitting-callsigns".

7. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Just to make sure I am understanding this correctly.
    I have considered logging a second computer on so as to maintain a "same-side" radar picture while either in flight or on the ground.....Doing this is ok as long as I do not have 1 account linked to another side....correct?

As for the whole spying issue, I have no problem one way or the other since any "flight" I have taken an active part in has always used a channel other than the "red/gold" channel.

This IMHO only adds realism. Anything you say over an open frequency you have to live with the fact that it might be intercepted - just like real life OPSEC "operational security." If you want something to stay private then you have to coordinate on a side-channel.

My .2 euro

8. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

correct.
    but it is still in discussion, if some pilots are also allowed to use radar on the other side.

9. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification.

I have to admit that the 5 minute in the tower rule does not appear to be a good idea for various reasons. You could have a player simply in the bathroom for more than 10 minutes, thus in violation of the 5 minute rule. You also have people coordinating or radar watching from the tower(s) for extended periods, or simply something else has come up and the player has to be away for (x) ammount of time.