Legal ways to find CV

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by mixer, May 26, 2006.

1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

There are few legal ways to find CV. Please find it below:

1st way: Using .commandos command

If you are trying to lauch commandos for some fields and this field is far from your current location host will give you some info, like:
    -HOST-(Host): too far from FIELDF44
    -HOST-(Host): distance to FIELDF43 471309

You can try "lauch commandos" from several fields to calculate the exact CV position.

2nd: Clicking by mouse at "field select" map

If you start clicking near your country fields and CV is near host will give you some message, like:

-HOST-(Host): you don't owner that airfield

If there are no enemy field near you can be sure, that evemy CV is near the place you had clicked last time.

3rd: While entering arena

You can see all CV's on Map by 1..3sec (it depends on your connection speed), while entering arena. All CV's will be Red colour when you are trying to enter arena.

All these methods are legal, but 2nd and 3rd methods aren't funny :)

1 person likes this.
  2. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

they're all bug abuses
    if an admin has no means to control these, it doesn't mean u should define them as legal and make them public.
    at least the triangulation bug can be corrected by FH devs, right? because commandos is FH feature afaik.

3. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

FAU doesn't report if it hits near a CV, it only reports distance from the CV's port if that is what it hits near

4. andrei

andrei Well-Known Member

И этот п... является админом?

1 person likes this.
  5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

вы достали... :(
    когда он борется против поиска цв - вам не нравится.
    когда он говорит "достало!" и решает, что цв искать таки можно, причм советует как - вам не нравится.
    вы уж определитесь.

6. andrei

andrei Well-Known Member

Почему решает он? Почему он решает что легально, а что нет?

7. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

sepukked

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  8. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

а здесь он как обычный игрок и ничего не решает. но по результатам обсуждения в женерале, перелившемся к комплейнты, простой игрок миксер понял, что может поделиться опытом в тренинге.
    по мне всё ровно и пока что миксер не выпендривается.

9. andrei

andrei Well-Known Member

Тогда почему было упомянуто слово легально? Так как mixer (пока) является админом, некоторые игроки могут воспринять слова как руководство к действию.
    Ведь я тоже могу сказать, что все поиски CV кроме облета территории являются не легальными.

10. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

All ilegal stuffs, in my opinion.
    The "legal" stuff should be to take a plane, fly and search for CV, or find it while flying (ocurried a lot of times).

11. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Потому что его назначили.

Бедный миксер....

12. andrei

andrei Well-Known Member

Назначили устанавливать правила? Что-то не помню...

13. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

"не освобождает от"

14. barman

barman Member

Hmmm... legal? If u say legal it means there is some written code to wb that allows some behaviour and disallows the other. I don't know if there's sth like that, I, personally, just learnt the rules in gameplay (like hearing pilots banned for using transparent cockpits etc.). Perhaps it would be a good idea to write a "WBFH penal code" or sth like that?
    Btw thx for this useful tips I shall try them out if u say it's legal :)

15. torsti

torsti Well-Known Member

The klickaround-in-Map-Version is usable. Rest is too much work.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  16. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Laws Proscribe things. Laws are Thou Shalt Nots.
    It is not nessesary or practical for ANYONE to list all things that are okay to do. Just a list of things not okay is enough.

Personally, the only way I search for CVs is to fly around. Not becuase it is the only way I can think of. I like to fly.

I am an old Wargamer. We used to have to read rules books in order to play wargames. There were these guys known and despised called "Rulebook Lawyers."
    My crowd of wargamers [a dead hobby] used to enjoy finding a thing not covered in the rules and make our own. Also, a rule that allowed to much bullshit would be modified. This sort of thing was encouraged and possible in Classic Board Wargames.

Played many versions of Waterloo/L'Hay Saint. It just wasn't natural feeling when the French Army could see ALL Allied Troop Dispositions. And me and my friend modified Wellington's Victory such that the French did NOT get a God's Eye View.
    Man what a slaughter of Sans Cullotes that was!
    hehe.

Took a dedicated [and free beer] referree but was Very Much Worth It!

[there were work arounds in the rules to simulate the Allies hidden deployments, things like:
    The french get to use bayonet charges immediately after fire combat. The Allies did not, they had to do Shock Combat just after French Movement.
    My friend and I made the Turn Phases for each player simetrical. It took some work.
    And there was a wonderful referree who would shake dice when we were unsure of a thing's rightness and he was willing to do things a different way if a thing was fucked.

Very hard to do in a computer game where the entire deal is Hard Coded and Shall Be Played The Way Desgners Intended - ALWAYS.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006