I would watch this film even with sub-titles!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by rudeboy, Sep 30, 2006.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, even Japanese film has some cornball and some crying chicks and those awful love seens every guy just HATES.
    Trailer
    But I would still love to see the film.
    Another trailer [1][warning, it is bloody!]
    [2][warning, it is bloody!]
    [3][warning, it is bloody!]
    Official Web Site.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2006
  2. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

I wait for subtitles too, movie looks very nice ;)

3. --vipe

--vipe Well-Known Member

hehe like Pearl Harbor but from other side ;)

4. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Looks bit stupid and camera work is chaotic (probably to hide the fact they didn't have proper setup of yamato to shoot in).

Special effects seem overdone and odd (what's with those tracers flying everywhere in constant feed, even inside the command bridge with no one ducking), tactics seem odd. Planes approach in shallow dive. I would expect proper dive bombing attacks in steep dives or torpedo runs at wavetop with AA trying to shoot planes far away (like you see in historical footage).

Also it's like fighters were targetting individual AA when strafing, which is very unlikely IRL. They would prolly just dive in at speed (like you see in guncams) and walk the fire over and around the ship from something like 2km-500m. Diving into AA is scary as hell, there's not enough time to pick up target as small as an individual AA gun and it would be suicidal to go close and slow enough to be able to do that.

Another fucked up war movie i'd say. Why won't directors bother to watch some real war footage and research tactics and history before doing these very very expensive films of theirs? :/

Last edited: Sep 30, 2006
  5. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i guess because such movie would be interesting and exciting for a very narrow audience only

its like when a friend of mine came by and was watchin me ending this very tough and difficult fight i had in wb - hands wet from excitement etc... and this question... "wtf, ya fightin a dots? i dont get it"

6. badger

badger FH Beta Tester

Because directors don't care a bit for being "real" or "historically correct", they care mostly about how great they are as directors and a little less - how much money film will make. So "fuck the history bullshit, i know better what we need" approach appears, "Pearl-Harbour" great example of such "director's work".

7. badger

badger FH Beta Tester

I guess you are not paid millions of bucks for playing WB and your computer doesn't cost some hundred millons too, so it is hard to expect your playing being much entertaiment for others.

Movie directors on the contrary, are paid millions and have hundreds of millions sometimes to "shoot" the film. They are professionals and they certainly CAN do historically correct pichture, which would be very entertaining for wide audience.

"Titanic" while having fictional plot were made in very realstic sets and were huge success, and "Black Hawk down" while being very close to documentary were some success too.

8. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

What about "Tora! Tora! Tora!"?

9. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

oh right, what a great analogy you came up with there :rolleyes:

anyway movie directors are paid milions of dollars to make even more millions of dollars
    screw the historical correctness, because nobody will notice anyway.. and those who will are like - dunno - 0.5% of the society?
    i mean how many ppl would give comments like illo did after seein those trailers? that percentage is low enough to ignore, cause what counts is money and money comes from the great mass that will pay to see some blood, smoke, some love affairs (talkin about titanic... lol), tragedy, tears and sublime acts of heroes
    thats why they dont have to be historical correct as long they can bring ppl to see the movie

and my point was only - those who care for stuff like illo said are not important, cause you can get much more money directin some corny bullshit, absed on this or another story

sheeesh..

10. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

11. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

I would watch that one also.
    I didn't know IJN Capital Ships used the "Battle Turn Away."
    I was IJN at a match, we fought Tsushima. Fucking umpire told me I couldn't do it, that I would have to turn in line astern, follow the leader. I still won the thing*, but I really really wanted to do it right.
    Notice the black smoke from the barrels of the Russian guns and the white [so-called "smokeless"] of the IJN?

The ships appeared to be in mellee before they were even broadsiding. Ships that are ten miles apart aren't as apparent as they were in that film. Directors make compromises in order to get the opposing ships in the same frame.

There weren't enough moving maps. I really missed that.

Nice film clips, awsome Japanese modelling.

Anyone remember the film Japanese Propaganda made of the pearl harbour attack that was so well done many people in the forties thought it was actually shot at Pearl?

*The Sunday after, I played as the Tsarist Admiral and lost horribly. We had a lot of fun and my opponent wasn't disgraced.