Need Help PuLeeeezease

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by gawong, Feb 10, 2007.

1. gawong

gawong Well-Known Member

Christiansted, St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands
    I recently added a new router to my computer and my connection seemed to take a hit. However, when I connect directly to computer its still bad. But that is not the real problem. I mentioned it because maybe the two problems are inter-connected somehow.

Whenever I try to select new ords i get dropped to the desk top like when you have scroll fade effect checked in windows display settings. Sometimes when I take off the plane floats to the ground and explodes or I take off and about 10 secsond in the air i see a building in middle of ocean and crash. I changed the launcher and still same thing. Any advice?

2. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

You need to smoke something different. Hahahah :D J/K
    I'm no expert but, it sounds like you have a problem with a talk-back issue. Like you can send, but the send/receive is not matched. Something is out of synchronization. Upload/download speed problem? Blocking certain access on the router, up or down? I say this because it seems your connect speed, if that's what you mean by 'taking a hit' is being affected by either loss of communication or blocked communication. Like getting booted maybe. When you get a yellow beacon and then red or either...things get weird for you or the other user who sees you. I would check for signal leaks, bad cable connect, or damaged cable. Something happened when you replaced the router. Kinda like if you replaced the spark plugs on your car and, when doing so, moved a vacuum line and it leaks so the engine runs horrible. There could be something related. I hope this helps somehow!

3. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

It's like the cat pissing in your stuff

Sorry. Don't read this.

And, I suppose if you can access the internet, this is already a nevermind thing. But there might be some port forwarding going on, or something. I hate port forwarding. It is, to me, like running a lawnmower using bunker oil [I got a conversion kit, CHEAP!!!]

Routers:
    Fuck
    I got an old blind linux box here. Use it as a router.
    Input IP number of your router from a terminal, uh, with a, uh, browser, I uh, guess... or file manager, uh, in the, uh, URL field. You should be able to access some sort of configuration thingie that lives in the router, or somewhere. Gotta allow incoming [and outgoing? Uh] on port 80
    [uh, is it 80?] If play via tcp isn't through 80 then, um, whichever it, is, um.

Can't remember.

And my router is in an old old old box with thalidomide-baby slackware linux [slax linux, actually, slax - which is, sort of, slackware, uh, but easier on dolts]. I hate/love it. But I can't tell you what to do using Ineternet explorer windowx xp. I could only tell you what to do if you got a thalidomide-baby linux router box thingie. And even then it would involve my brain at max, like, "Must ensue 'on' button is on," and "Entering input with a hammer will change your connection from a duplex one to a simplex one."

[I love slax, thanx Skycaptain or whatever your name is.....]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  4. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

yeah, go down to the buccaneer & fuck some of them hot women on the beach

5. gawong

gawong Well-Known Member

I am not flying off the router. The computer I use is hardwired through a wireless router. The router is so that my girl can use her wireless laptop when I am online. But even when i disconnect the line from the router and connect it directly to the computer, I am still exploding into this building that magically appears in the sky over the ocean.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

Change ord or planes? Is it a crash to desktop when trying to click in the little thingie lets youu select a plane?
    Don't like f6f, so click the thingie and whoosh, desktop?
    If so, you gotta turn off fade effects, anal footprinting and intiate self destruct mech... fuck. Wiat. Sorry, wrong game.
    Stolen, so I didn't have to typeit:
    "You can try two things: shut off your "smooth fonts" effect in windows, or try to close FH Launcher with program killers such as "End it All". It should work then."

And um Google "freehost launcher" "Crash to desktop" effects transitions nicaea

And um.

You connecting to a wireless router. What is connecting? The wall? Your girlfriend? You wireless connex? You got wireless connex working at same timeas, well, not wired type? Could the two softwares, the stuff for the wireless router and the stuff for regular tcp coms be arguing?

7. gawong

gawong Well-Known Member

checked and checked and nothing seems to work. Forget that I said anything about the router. But just picture me rolling down runway and crashing into what seems like a factory. Or hitting fly and dropping to desk top, It seems random nothing in particular I just took off flew around at f1 fine tried it at f19 and dropped to desktop after i hit fly.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  8. Eddiev

Eddiev Well-Known Member

Gawong your bastard! :D
    How are you my dear friend? :D

9. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

Would like to see a screenshot of this flying building. Bet it's overmodelled to buggery too. Does it get killed in the collision also? Probably not...that's the way these things usually go. I would definately report the building for warp on demand though.

Seriously though, have you tried using a different proxy? It sounds like some sort of synchronisation problem. What's your ping/beacon like?

regards, Oz

BTW...G'day bastard :)

10. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

What about in offline mode. Is everything OK in offline mode? You might just want to wipe the app away and reinstall.

11. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Does the new router have setups for: favorite sites, online gaming options, firewalls, any sort of site blocking software, any special software for online program/data acceleration?

I know that "D-LINK" routers have all sorts of optional settings that can make your connection much better or even much worse depending on how you set things. they also have a special software to accelerate online up/downloading and online game acceleration. I've never gotten around to it myself, but it's worth some investigation..... and hurry-up! I want to see you back online!

12. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Best advice ever heard at FH Forum!

:cheers:

13. gawong

gawong Well-Known Member

I give up i tried reloading but didnt uninstall before relaoding wb

14. gawong

gawong Well-Known Member

Ok reloaded everything and now it immediately drops me to desk top when i hit select. The effects are unchecked. I will manually select a plane and try to fly. Offline I can select planes but when i fly same thing I ended up crashing into a building mid air about 5000 ft

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  15. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Very strange.

Please check your computer for spyware/adware/trojans/viruses.

If you have many process running try kill "unnecessary processes" and load WB without them.

At least try re-install DirectX.
    IMHO you should start with DirectX re-install.

16. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

try this