Pedzel's Memorial Flight - FINAL SCHEDULE

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -al---, Mar 30, 2008.

1. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Hi guys

We've completed the preparations for the memorial flight and I'm here to give details to all those who would wish to participate in this event with us.

The flight will start TODAY 30 March 2008, around 22:00 CET (that is GMT+2 currently as it's summer time)

We would like to ask all people on the arena at that time to stop hostilities and pause the fighting until the end of the flight.

If you wish to fly with us please log onto the arena at least 30min earlier, so we can tell you exactly what to do.

The basic plan goes like this:
    302sq will take off, form 2 or 3 V shaped formations and head towards the volcano on the map. The first formation will be lead by a FW-190, which is to symbolise Pedzel. The rest of 302sq will be flying Spits IX LF.

The rest of you will take off in two groups - red and gold, from two fields specified before take off, and meet us in the air in a specified point. You can pick your planes as you wish (see otto note below). The groups will be lead by two pilots, specified before take-off.
    As you can see there's still a lot of specifying to do, so we ask you to come earlier if you want to take part.

PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT AT EACH OTHER! Also we kindly ask you to pick your planes without otto's. Or if you really want a plane with an otto, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO TURN IT OFF!

We had spoken with sonar and he kindly agreed to kick any players shooting at each other or behaving inappropriate in other ways - we would really like to avoid this happening on this flight.

PLEASE SHOW YOUR RESPECT AND DON'T MISSBEHAVE!

302sq and the gold and red groups will meet at a certain point on the route to the volcano, and from there we will fly together. 302sq will fly lower in formation, and the rest of you are asked to fly above us.

When we reach the volcano, the FW-190 will break off and fly into the volcano crashing inside. It's a ritual Pedzel was supposed to do, but he never did. It's the best way we know in which to honour is memory.
    After the FW-190 disappears in the volcano, we fly straight on. The empty space in the 302sq's formation remains.
    We ask you not to fire any salvos, or drop bombs/rox or do any such actions at this point. Feel free to write something on ch100 if you like.

After a while we'll call the return to base and you're free to return to your fields and land. 302sq will head towards our field in formation, and land.

That's the end of the flight, and the end of this outline.

We are aware that things might not go as planned, but we will try our best.
    Once again please behave in a respectful manner.

If you can it would be nice to save tracks. They will be too large to post on the forum, but I will give my e-mail address to anyone who will be able to send their track from this event. Screenshots are also very much welcome.

Thank you guys, see you around 21:30 CET.
    <S>

2. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

Sry chaps, I am too busy today :(

so <S> Pedz :rose: once more here

1 person likes this.
  3. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Thank you very much everybody, from me and from the entire 320SQ.

We appreciate your help in making this flight happen.

4. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

That was amazing. I think we had in excess of 90 people online! :)

I'll attach some of my screen shots. The first one shows the runway of F3, where Reds prepared for take-off.

The second one, titled LotsOfReds, shows ... well, lots of Reds. :)

The one titled Salute is one huge SALUTE from pretty much everyone taking part in Pedzel's memorial flight.

The last one shows al, ra-dek and me after our landing at F8.

P.S. Sorry, uploaded the pictures in the wrong order.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  5. operrr

operrr New Member

thanks everybody. good flight

6. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Wow, great to see there was a big attendance! I couldn't make it, sorry.

7. amator

amator Well-Known Member

I checked teh number of players online during the flight.
    The biggest number was imo 98

8. deadmeat

deadmeat Banned

Hey there all who had participated in this amazing event and who couldnt, and mostly to 302 of course, and S A L U TE to Pedzel once again :(
    This flight was something I'm sure he'd be glad to see.
    I had made a lot of screenshots too, some 40++, will post the best ones here, and saved the entire track as well. So here goes some shots, I myself will keep them at a safe place to watch them back in the future too, that was something to remember :) (I hope I can make it alright, my usual photo upload page got screwed atm lol)
    My first picture shows F3 runway at the pre-take off gathering just as Ant's one, but it seems to be just the opposite end of the runway :) The second one was taken from my bombardier's place right after lifting off, passing over VCAF's P-51s and some other aircraft preparing for take off. (Almost crashed while making this shot lol)
    The next one is a cockpit shot on the way, made at the leading group (I was circling back and forth to make screenshots of the entire formation)
    The next one is made of Boa's P-38, we couldnt resist to have some fun :)
    The following shot is of a La-7 made from a Top Gun-like inverted flight :D
    The forecoming is a cockpit shot again, made from behind Boa's Lightning at the middle of the formation, showing a few reds ahead :)
    The next one is similar to Ant's shot of lots of Reds.
    And the last two pictures showing a number of 302 Spitfires after landing at F1.
    Hope you guys will like them, and once again <S> to Pedzel and 302. :rose:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

Sorry mates I was bussy and couldn't participate in that event.
    <S> Pedzel
    March 30 is named "Pedzel's Day" and it should be marked each year with such event.

10. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

<S> pedzel! :rose:

Missed out, but VERY nice idea.

11. Gaze

Gaze Active Member

:rose: Hi and <S> pedzel he will be missed. That was apperant by the people that showed up for the Memorial Flight. I was attached to caper and saved the track. Ok sorry i dunno where my attachment went. It won,t show up in my profile either. File to large that,s why it won,t load.http://ghostflyingmachine.com/yabb/Attachments/pedzel_-turbo_20080330_134014.zip

Ok got it loaded from our Wbsite as a zip file.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  12. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Great Idea!

Should be done every March 30th or so. A Pedzel memorial flight of solidarity. Fill the skies at least once a year with a precision formation flight.

Who knows, maybe even a Pedzel Day Formation Challenge competition?

13. Red Ant

If that were to become a tradition here at FH, I think it should be termed "Fallen Aces Memorial Flight" instead, because (as someone has pointed out in another thread) unfortunately Pedzel is not the only FH pilot who has exchanged this world for another.

14. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

uh ok... ive put some stuff ive found round forums together and finished short clip from the flight
    turned out much more emotional than i planned, but after all i liked it the way it is
    hope you enjoy watching it as i enjoyed workin on it

33mb

download from filefactory.com
    download from rapidshare.com

2 people like this.
  15. Red Ant

Nice job, kilbee! Brought a tear to my eye. :(

P.S. How about sending this clip to his family?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  16. -kum--

-kum-- Well-Known Member

We need remember not only Pedzel. I know 3 pilots else which died. We need remember all of them!
    So better if we called that day, for example Day of died pilots or somethink.

17. jata

jata Well-Known Member

good idea, Kum..

last sunday of each month??

competition or fly in formation..

something like this..
    something, like at 30 march..?

18. -kum--

-kum-- Well-Known Member

Better last saturday. Becouse sunday isn't working day.
    Flying in formation with salut in the end, accordingly to military tradition.

19. -letez

-letez Banned

last sunday of each year.

20. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

I had no idea there are other players that have gone on.

Yes, of course then we should have a memorial activity to honor all of them.

Who were the others? Is there a list here somewhere?

Perhaps a thread with a list of the members who have passed-on, bios,where we can honor them with stories, descriptions, memorable quotes, messages to families-survivors etc.?