WB277_FH installation under Win7_64

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by doggun, Oct 21, 2010.

1. doggun

doggun Well-Known Member

Hello,

I just finished installing WB277_FH into Vista_32 and Win7_32.
    Both installations run flawlessly both with FHL_167 as with FHL_168.
    Only the installation into a Win7_64 set-up causes problems. I get as far as shortly before logging into the respective arena, upon double-click onto the arena a pop-up comes up “Error6” and the game brakes down.
    Anybody with any experience in the field concerning this issue?
    I would be grateful for any advice.

Regards
    doggun

2. boa

boa Well-Known Member

How many versions of wb you need:) ?

Have you tried this ?

http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showpost.php?p=654248&postcount=1

All you have to do is to copy 2 files in wb folder, and to rename them to have original name...
    Then do this:copy file USER33.dll в %systemroot%\system32\

If that doesnt help do this

http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showpost.php?p=654624&postcount=12

Some ppl said it worked under win7 x64 , I dont know so I cant claim.
    But if it doesnt work, play it for God's sake on those other systems:)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  3. doggun

doggun Well-Known Member

1. http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showp...48&postcount=1
    2. http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showp...4&postcount=12

I have tried both of your advices, they work fine for the 32-bit versions, but do not help to get the 64-bit version of win 7 running.

Thanks anyhow
    Regards

4. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Try to contact Badmad, I believe he is the one who made that patch..
    He was today in arena..

5. doggun

doggun Well-Known Member

Thank you, boa, I am in contact with badmad, have used his patch and the "All-In-One" file of his, still had no success.
    I did two things to make it work:

one: I installed into the default position, and not as one might think with win7_64 into the "Program Files (x86)"- folder. So it is resting now at C:\iEntertainment Netrwork\Warbirds\ ..., as the installer installs it by default.

two: I skipped the compatibility issue alltogether, after I had tried them all, in my rig it works without compatibility (this obviously depends largely on the surrounding hardware).

Last not least, do not forget to install under "Run as Administrator", otherwise just follow the tutorial of badmad´s. :deal:

Thank you all for concern.
    Regards

6. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Wait , it works now under win 7-64??:)

7. doggun

doggun Well-Known Member

Affirmative, it works :@prayer:

8. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Suck it Mcloud. :p

9. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

:@prayer: Great work doggun! Great to see SOMEBODY helping to keep this sim going! Maybe mcloud and antred will be on in a few days?:mafia:

10. boa

boa Well-Known Member

I have installed windows 7 -32bit version yesterday.
    I was surprised it didnt ask me whether I want to format hdd partition or not.
    So it just left folder named windows.old with program files, documents and something else in it. Since my wb installation was in "new folder" on partition where windows was, win7 just left it there , so now it is something like
    C:\new folder . I just installed fh launcher to its default folder and pointed to wb in new folder.
    Deleted 2 wb icons, copied new , warbirds patched for vistaseven, wb3d patched for vista seven. Renamed them , to have original names.
    Started wb , tried to log in , erorr 6 window appeared.
    Took user32.dll copied to system32 folder in windows, and logged in.
    Wb working on-line.
    When I typed command .field f2 , i got window with top scores.
    When I typed command .ros , I got window with top scores.
    Also, when I type on pvt channel, my radio buffer is flashing.
    When I exit wb , I get same error many guys get " Cant read memory ".
    Tried different compatibility settings, with them on I cant get into arena.
    Tried to run it as administrator, wb3d-properties-administrator, with that on I again cant enter arena.
    If I use right click ok fh launcher, option run as administrator , I can enter.
    But those problems still active.
    With google help , I discovered I got Mcafee with win 7.
    After uninstalling mcafee, I no longer had window with top scores problem.
    Then I found latest ATI drivers (catalyst), installed, and my radio buffer is not flashing while typing anymore.
    I still have that error message after exiting wb .
    My logic says it might have something to do with those pop up windows of freehost, like that one appearing after log in, or after roster command, or after checking field's time.
    Why I think like that?
    Everytime I have one of those windows active in wb , pressing left right or some other view , gives me win7 sound tune. I believe that error after exiting , actually appears and stays there when some of those windows are active. It was known "bug" for winXp users, after typing .ros in flight, you would have to type something else in buffer, or you would get those annoying xp sounds repeating when every key is pressed.
    I will continue to search until I find solution to this..

11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

having win default sound, i open chat buffer and press enter after that (empty message) to stop it.

12. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Just to note in case antred doesn't.....antred is now flying in WBFH with Win 7!

13. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Few more issues with win 7...

I always set up command for recording all tracks, but now my track folder doesnt show that it contains any new track. If I start fh player, I can see tracks are there, but dont know where are they. I cant replay them ( that 1.68 bug),so I dont know if they really exist , but numbers and date match.Tracks folder properties show its empty.

Console.txt also doesnt exist in fhl folder . Had some problems so I had to reinstall win7 yesterday , but before that I remember I saw at some point console log in fhl folder. Logging online messages on, no console.txt.

Current position of my warbirds is C:/Ien/wb , and Fh is as always in program files.

14. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I have macro keys setup on my keyboard for recording too. I use from the start of a flight, "/.stop" because the file "last_sortie.trk" recorded is erased/over-written by the next flight, unless you go and change the file name. When I want to start recording in flight, I first enter "/.stop" and then "/.record " (note space behind record word) and when I land/log or enter the script "/.stop" it creates a new file each time like this: ".-alw--.20101026_235804.trk" The only way this works is if you put a space after the "/.record_" indicated by the underscore here. So, it looks like this: "/.record ".

My tracks are recorded here:
    "C:\Program Files\FreeHost Launcher\168Beta\Tracks"

If I want to watch them, I have to copy the files into the main FH tracks directory
    "C:\Program Files\FreeHost Launcher\Tracks"
    and load the "play track" there.

15. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Under XP, it is enough if you change name in the basic settings. Yesterday you changed greetings message; You can change there option "onstartflight" to show something like ".record last " or "record alw" instead of default
    ".record last_sortie" and it will be enough for every sortie to be stored under new name in ur default fh track folder. I have 1000000000 tracks stored with this method; It names every track in the manner you described, without the need to enter anything during flight. When I need certain track , I just find in console log something I have said during that flight , check time at the end of that track, use calculator to change it to minutes, then just find track with that date , appropriate length and play it..
    Problem I encountered now , track folder is empty , fh records tracks who knows where, and there is no online logging file in fh folder...

16. boa

boa Well-Known Member

I have found both , console txt and track folder with tracks this time.
    Check out location where windows decided to store them:

Computer/local disk C/Users/ K(name of pc)/AppData(was invisible)/Local/
    VirtualStore/Program Files/Freehost Launcher

17. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I thought of that but, I still want to be able to just have films of fighting, and not films where there is 20 min of sight seeing, and 1 minute of fighting. I usually start filming when I see bogies, especially for when I encounter flymax who thinks I'm hacking, and higgns who thinks I can't shoot him down, or thinks I don't do anything to help when I'm in the arena. :D

18. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Whatever works for you ...
    You can always edit ur tracks, by simply viewing them, and typing ".record alw" and ".stop" when you want for new track to start and to end.

19. gesus

gesus Member

i got it to run on win7 64 but now it dont registor my keyboard

20. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

There is a fix for Keyboard in that win64 patch, it is contained in the binary blob. I had to fart around to get WBFH working. I would suggest you, RIGHT NOW!:
    Back up the directories [oh fuck, wait a minute...]

C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeHost Launcher
    and
    C:\iEntertainment Network\Warbirds
    NOW! Before you try to fix keyboard and possibly [or probably] fuck up your install.

I think the registry keeps some shit and allows all of the other shit to be tied to your system. I have backed up that stuff as explained above and then deleted [not uninstalled, but deleted] the original as a test on my test system to see if it would all restore. I then pasted the pristine initial install state save back. It worked. I did that backup method in order to see if, after fucking up my install [as I think you are gonna], being able to get it back easily.
    I explained all that above in some other, better edited, post and others have confirmed it works.

Hey, whatsisface:
    Don't you say I do not contribute just because I don't fly online very often, mkay? Don't tie my pilots liscence to this fucking forum, mkay?