PCX image files for the F4 help pages

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -ALW-, Sep 4, 2011.

1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Back in 2004 I had created an image for the custom.pcx page. It had all the aircraft in RPS order with the data. Trying to create this again except I'm going to see about using the misc.pcx and custom.pcx for displaying the fields with their targets on whatever map we are on. This is something only on each of our own system. Could also use the radio.pcx, bomber.pcx, gunner.pcx, and so on and change those since I don't ever go to that menu anymore. I'm creating pages for the 1024x768 resolution and whomever wants the pages can find them here in this topic. I think all of us are on 1024x768 resolution by now. :D

Anyway, trying right now to figure out how to get it to show up again. File name change I think, or saving over original file name is what works. Been a while so I'm stuck for the moment. :dunno:

2. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Ok, figured it out. The pcx files to change are in the "C:\iMagic Online\Warbirds" folder. Changing these will change what you see in WBFH. I created a larger image of 1000x760 today. It was at 1000x635 before. I created these pages here for my squad years back...in December, 2004.

Needs some updating for the new aircraft and RPS now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

A thought I have here as well is to create a new set of help pages for the new release of 1.68 for new users. Would basically have the in-game help pages (F4 key) reduced to maybe one page by combining the data and shrinking the text/images into organized lines rather than the 7 pages of poorly organized and messy help pages. And if we can come up with some frequently asked questions to put in there too like, drop menu shading, hotkeys, macros, WBFH features, WBFH commands and what they do(.time, .ver, .ottos, .plane ##, .pos, .ros, V2 missile commands, etc). If the F4 (in-game help pages) menu buttons on top could be changed/added, that would be awesome as well. Devs?

On my end, I'm going to remove all the pages and put in their place, pages with pictures of the fields and their targets/identifications/numbers. I know someone has those already and I could use that! Will be nice to be literally on the same page when it comes to locating field orientation/target locations/target identifications, etc. My trouble has been knowing which direction to approach for the best bomb drop, hitting the most targets in one pass, and also being able to just radio out what target numbers/ID's I'm aiming for. I think this is a good plan of attack so we don't hit the same targets while passing the same field, wasting efforts.
    :cheers:

So, just need those field maps/pictures. :help:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  4. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

5. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Oh! He wants to go and edit the main install file of WB 2.77 to where the F4 menu thing is like that so it's standard for even the new guys who don't know about keyhelper, and reduce the unending process we have here of download this, install, repeat ad nauseum. I think...? :confused:

6. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Umm....dunno. Same wheels, different planes. I have no idea what that keyhelper is about. I'm just keeping it simple.

7. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Suit yourself.

It's a software that lets you create SETS of F4-key images, and switch them easily, as well as backup, return to default and export.

Play around with it, it will help with what you're doing.

8. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Yeah, the keyhelper thingy is as al says.
    You can edit in whatever you like in the menu reachable by F4.

I have been contemplating nekkid ladeez for those long buffruns :)

9. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

alone in FH main arena...just press F4 :)

10. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

WTF?

11. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

is it that bad?