Bombers are tough !

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by babek-, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Lectek

Lectek Well-Known Member

Li2 has 7mm, thats even worse :) . The li2 did kill me in vertical, ive no reason to make up stories like this.

2. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

The point is, if you were killed by 12mm, the Li-2 certainly did not do the killing;) And Otto never fires if the aircraft's bank angle exceeds something like 30-45 degrees. Certainly not 180 degrees. Otto also doesn't fire under greater than 3 or 4 G's. Not sure what the negative G max is. Aside from those cutout limits, however, maneuvers have no effect whatsoever on Otto, and never will short of recoding the client. I don't think very highly of the programmer who created it, it's really half-assed.

We're not saying you made it up, we're saying you're mistaken. With Warbirds it's easy to think that one thing's happening when it's really something else.

3. Lectek

Lectek Well-Known Member

I tok notice that i was hit by 12 rounds.. didnt pay attantion to calibre. It was definatly li2 that got me as the hits i landed on him killed him, made apparent by the he killed me and i killed him messages.

4. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2002
  5. gunn-r

gunn-r Well-Known Member

Hmm, just have a question.
    DocDoom posted on ww2ol forums that the German minengeschoss (ispell) rounds, if they bounced off the bomber, exploded and most of the explosion force was aimed outwards, away from the bomber. Why did this happen or did I understand him incorrectly?

6. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

If it hit sloped surface at angle that made shell bounce off it didnt do much any damage. Maybe just few little holes from thin fragments.

This is because ammo was designed to give maximum effect when eploding in confined space. Damage was done by gas expansion (overpressure). Look at link I posted on previous page and youll see.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2002