Win XP --- Win98 IPX connection

Тема в разделе "Off Topic", создана пользователем -brajo, 10 апр 2003.

1. -brajo

-brajo Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I wasn't sure where is place for this kind of question on this forum (if there is any :) ) so I'll post it here, in "off-topic".
    I have a little problem with my 2 home computers. One is running under WinXP pro, and the other one under Win98se.
    Anyway, I cant install XP on second one because is too old, and I would really like to keep XP on the first one. Also, when i installed Win98 on the first one (as secondary OS) everything was ok, but still I would like to know if there is some way to make it work on my current set of OSs. Standard networking was working fine for some half a year now (file sharing, internet connection sharing, playing warbirds :), etc...) all over tcp/ip protocol. Ok, now to the problem. :)
    Few weeks ago I tried to play Starcraft :super: with my friend, but it wouldn't work because it supports only ipx protocol for LAN mplay. I tryed installing that protocol on both computers but with no results. I also tried some other (older) games, that are using IPX, like fifa98. Couldn't make it work. Removing tcp/ip protocol and running my network solely on ipx didn't change a thing. (actually, i think network didn't work at all in this case)
    And after everything I tried, I think the problem may be with XP computer (OS). :dunno:
    Can someone help me with this please?

2. dankes

dankes Well-Known Member

Response in Hw&Sw

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Brajo, this move is named "Cross-posting". It's when you post the same message into several forums/echoes/groups. It's violation of netiquette. I'm not moderator here, but I beg you to pay attention to netiquette.

4. -brajo

-brajo Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Exec. I posted here first, but then Hw&Sw forum seemed more adequate for my question, so I posted there also. Sorry all for that. Didn't know it's such a big problem.

Maybe moderator can delete this thread or something.