Demo of IL2 Sturmovik by Maddox Games

Тема в разделе "Warbirds International", создана пользователем rgreat, 13 авг 2001.

1. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

i fly demo 2 day ago

Video you can see by youself so i get on other details...
    (i only say its best graphics in Flight Simulator i ever seen)

demo included 3 flyable planes: IL-2,109G2,P39N

FM is very complex and hard to master, gunnery is even harder [​IMG]

we fight with my frends kga---,vik-s-,marder and others in 'deathmath' and firstly
    from 9 kills of 10 was a 'meneuver kills' [​IMG]
    lately as we 'catch up' on game FM results gets better

planes have VERY high roll rates (just as in life)
    so i needed carefully tuned stick response
    if you pull you stick too fast and strong you plane can
    eventially fly in 'tail forward' position [​IMG] then go down in a spin

spins....Excellent !! ...flat spins...nightmare!!! gives 90% chance of death if you force your plane in to it... i like it [​IMG]

Aiming difficulty is added by high inertia affecting plane then douing rudder manipulations...coordinate you pedals movement carefully [​IMG]

Damage Model...as a example:
    if you got a hit into a oil radiator you plane starts to loose power ... and you can FEEL it [​IMG]
    as much as SEE this oil on you cocpit glass [​IMG]

conclusion : best Fligh Sim ever....no doubt...my recomendations
    and the last one:
    if you want a great expirience
    you need fast machine.... a PIII-600/256/GF at least
    you can set low video settings if you dont have this...
    it CAN speed up framerate greatly

and a fun one: on LOW detail it starting to looks like WarBirds D3D [​IMG]

------------------
    Roman aka rgreat

2. necrov

necrov Member

3. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

Yeah, and does their IL-2 soak up 60x20mm with no damage? [​IMG]

4. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Yeah, those sys specs sure aren't meant for my PII233 <[​IMG]

greetz, Zembla

[​IMG]

5. Roady-

Roady- New Member

Hi Rgreat!!
    Where can I get that Demo???

greets
    Roady

------------------
    2nd Leader Bombergroup
    Dogs of Hell

6. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

not in NET for sure...

i play on official IL2 tournament...

------------------
    Roman aka rgreat

7. Dabong

Dabong Active Member

Hey guys, as I thought, there is no IL-2 Demo, it is a hot early beta copy. If you see Oleg Maddox's post in other thread u will see what I am talking about.

The demo will not be released till September or so.

BTW Oleg seem real irate, so i would not post any links ect..., this is gonna be a World Class sim, the best ever made so I think we ought to do all we can to support him, both financially (purchase the damm sim) and morally (don't help distribute it on warez sites).

Dabong

8. snapit

snapit Active Member

Well in fact there is a small demo but just for a special airshow I think (with a time bomb after 1 week). The real demo will come out as you say (at least I hope so [​IMG] ).
    I can only second what dabong said about the quality of Il2 (I am lucky to have a betatester as friend and neighbour [​IMG]). I will purchase it - maybe even two times ...

9. newbie

newbie Active Member

I have the full beta and, despite the graphics, there is a world of difference between WB and IL2.

The flight model runs outa spunk at the edges of the flight envelope. It's been smoothed off for the mass punters.

WB continues to lead the field.

newbie,popoff,blini

10. Dabong

Dabong Active Member

Hey Newbie, you just have a beta, not a final release which is not due till November '01 i believe.

I have followed th edevelopment of Il-2 at www.simhq.com & www.dogfighter.com & have read reviews of people who flew it at Comdex, and you are the first person who had anything to say that was not 110% gushingly positive.

I know most of the reviewers are a pandering bunch of ass kissers, but every beta tester i have met or seen any comment on rant & rave about the entire package, even at its early unfinished state.

I also learned more about the Russia, Soviet aviation & the war on the Eastern Front.

Being an American I though we won the whole shooting match, single handed, with our eyes closed & 1 arm tied behind our backs [​IMG].

You know like how the US scored ENIGMA in that stupid sub movies last year LOL [​IMG].

At any rate the care, accuracy, & attention to every detail that Mr. Maddox has put into this project is completely unprecedented!

He answers many many questions personally, any detail wrong, missing or less that perfect is made perfect!

I did not get in on the beta, & aint gettin paid to suck up, I just really admire Oleg, as a person, he is friendly, funny as hell, has a fantastic knowledge of all things USSR/Russia & Nazi military aviation.

I know it is gonna be "A-OK Joe!!" one fine sim.

a quote of some quotes

From: http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/Forum35/HTML/000854.html

Lt.AK
    posted 08-12-2001 03:53 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's what Boxcar had to say on 4/4/2001

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jeesh.....I have completely lost interest until release. Even then I won`t play the "where fools rush in". I`ve overdosed on every rivet of detail pertaining to IL`2 and we shall see wether she lives up to the "stale hype". As soon as Il`2 is released the GFX will be dated and we will all be ready to leap onto the next generation of sims.
    In my opinion Il`2 development has simply dragged on for to long and the hype has fizzled out like a candle in the wind.
    I`ll still buy it because of my keen interest in flight sims but.......The "Hype" is over!.....Cheers.

and here's what he had to say on 6/23/2001

quote:
    This sim is the most outstanding piece of software I have ever experienced. I wouldn`t even load it up for two days for fear of the inevitable......vertigo! I just gave away everyone of my "other" prop sims to novice friends. Screw the Dynamic campaign that we all whine about, no need for such a lame excuse when IL-2 is upon you! You prop heads will be blown away. EAW,WW2 Fighters,BoB,CFS2,Etc. are all dead issues in comparison.....(I`m shaking while I`m writing this).
    Il-2 intimidates me.....The Holy Grail is upon me.....Cheers.[/b]

Il-2 forum: http://www.bluebyte.net/forum/eng/default.asp?bid=41&id=

[​IMG]

ooh oh!! look at that gold bomber! Too bad gold don't have a few of them eh?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At any rate I am sure this Sim will be the new standard of excellence.

Dabong

11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Dabong>"ooh oh!! look at that gold bomber! Too bad gold don't have a few of them eh?"
    Hmm. I hope all know that it is Me-323 Gigant, a motorised huge transport glider Me-321.

First (Me-323D-0) was produced July'42 and 198 was accepted by Luftwaffe. Most of them flown in TG 5.

12. newbie

newbie Active Member

Dabong, no question IL2 beats most prop sims on the market and I'm not surprised the reviews have been raves because most of the reviewers never flew Warbirds! The IL2 model goes soft at high angles of attack IMHO which, ultimately, makes it boring to fly. Rudder effect/fuselage drag is a bit dodgy too (as is Warbirds 2 and 3, hence 109 behaviour!). Can only say that WB gives nearest RL feel.

Warbirds 3 is coming along nicely with good framerates. Il2 uses a lot of processor power with the goodies turned up and other planes etc on screen - bit like WW2OL in that respect.

As for the US winning the war, I'm old enough (62) to know better. These history rewrites are beyond belief...cept that most people believe them!

newbie, popoff, blini

13. snapit

snapit Active Member

I doubt that the FM of WB is "the best of the breed". Too many planes show characteristics which donЄt match combat or test reports and memories of vets (I know that I shouldnЄt take them for 100% true).

14. Dabong

Dabong Active Member