combat tactics

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by tigrou, Jul 9, 2004.

1. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

2. Aser

Aser Well-Known Member

Cool! :@prayer:
    Thank you very much tigrou, I am always looking for docs like this. :rtfm:

3. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

4. Aser

Aser Well-Known Member

Both dowloaded and now being studied :rtfm:

all you are lost now . HAHAHAHAHAHA :turret:
    :D

5. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

I still belive that basic moves will keep you alive and will lead to victory assuming your arnt combating a stick stiring wuss. In which case you give them a little space then pk or flame them, if they escape, you fly back and get their shoot for being so stupid.

Know all the planes that are on the host, what they can do, what you can, and what both cant, but remember, ammo load and fuel load make a huge difference, as well as performance at altitude.

So it also pays to have a few pre-fight moves to see if the oponnent is hvy on fuel, light, or whatever else could be going on. None the less, I am having a look at those documents.

6. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

You'd better look. I still miss a kill over that spitfire we left fly home cause You said it's Your kill and he'll won't make it home (over F21). We (I and ---cat) broke the chase cause You stated that he was already dead... after that he landed on F1 and You flew in ack... LMAO. Next time you can call me a killstealer, but I won't belive Your statements and pursue the con unless he's really fucked (a fire or a hstab missing) and finish him off.

7. Aser

Aser Well-Known Member

Just one thing, Allsop, why you donґt stop reseting your statistics?

I can accept advice from people like frog, bigjo, and many others. People who I know are very good pilots. I can check their statistics and they are uberpilots, they have all my respect.

But, by now, Allsop, you have not demostrated nothing to me but a big mouth. Stop reset your statistics, and so we can know how good you are.

8. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

@Aser

I'm not an Uberpilot... I consider myself to be an average pilot here... yes, I do have brilliant moments and I already worked a bit on gunnery (which is sth like 11-13% now)... but still I'm far from being good. And I will never be an Ace here, cause I just love flying jagdbomber sorties here, which pretty much collides with having a great streak or survival ratio :D

9. Aser

Aser Well-Known Member

@ -frog-

Well, I can see that this ToD you got streak 19, an average 0,75 kills/sortie, 2200 points/sortie, and that you have got ... many spare time!!! +700 sorties!!! :eek:

Anyway, I can see that you are a more than a good pilot, but Allsop cannot demostrate anything to me. When he could show me his streak of 19 then I will consider listen to him. :eek:

10. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Not only much of spare time... I see some players who have 20 sorties, streak 20+ but used 60 hours+ to fly them... .clear in it's full ugliness :D I just fly a ToD as whole, and can compare my results in all ToD's thanks to that... I rarely use the .clear command, usually after 5-10 sorties of a new ToD because I need to get used to the reduced speeds of planes and my gunnery sucks :D After that I miss the points made in those sorties more, than the additional 0.01% in gunnery I did thanks to ".clear" :D

Last edited: Jul 13, 2004
  11. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Huh?!?

A statement like this from the guy who swore blind never to fly red, and has never flown red in the 3 years he has been here. Or was that 6 years? :p

If all your knowledge of red planes is based on your observations as a gold pilot, then it is safe to say you know little more than nothing about them :rolleyes:

Your credibility lessens by the day.

-glas-

12. Prometeo

Prometeo Well-Known Member

Hey mate, you seem to contraddict your forum signature pretty often lately :D

13. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

I reset My statistics for 2 different reasons.

1. Sometimes I feel that when you get killed "for real, not being captured or bailing" that it seems kinda....wrong that a dead man keeps flying, so everytime Im killed I will wipe out my stats so people can only see what Ive done or do before I die.

2. I will also wipe out my stats if say, and uber plane like the la comes out and I get vulched so many times that my killed outnumbers my kills.

But sense you seem to be an asshole about the subject and insult me for somethign that is my buissness, I will not reset my stats at all next map reset. I will fly from start to finish without clearing them.

14. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

tactics ok on a book, but in game :/ net lag alway's surprises me.
    + in tactic's book, there almost never HO shoot, too risquy in RL, but in game, u never can separate in HO...