Landing on enemy field = bug abusing = cheating

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by mekh--, Mar 26, 2002.

1. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

Currently, there is an FH bug where landing on an enemy field is treated the same as landing on a friendly field. Because of this, it does not capture you, you do not lose your streak, and other players do not get a ditch kill from you.

I have seen more and more players (this means you, des, mcgru, reddem) exploiting this bug to avoid death. Knowingly exploiting an obvious game error to achieve favorable results is the same thing as cheating.

Admins, get this bug fixed. This is the biggest problem on FH right now, IMO.

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

admins are aware of it, but this is not the biggets bug in fh.
    server team is engaged in more important activity, afaik.
    at least by their own priority view.
    sigh, they often avoid fixing bugs with this ranging of tasks.

3. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

what is the biggest bug in FH now? (in your opinion)
    IMHO this is it :(

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

im my personal still humble ;) opinion five bugs are intolerable:
    1. non-avodance of cv, that lets level b-u-f-f's having money for nothing
    2. anti-aircraft mortar, although some folks recall memoires where some other folks shooted at airplanes, or just shooted precise at anything other, but no-one recall the result of those shooting.
    3. laser-guided bombs
    4. easy recaptures
    5. unfinished economics

that's if count lil rps/performance errata out.

5. scrap-

scrap- Active Member

exec, IMO those are gameplay issues and NOT bugs. buffs heading towards the CV can be stopped by interceptors (if anyone actually bothers to check the radar), laser-guided bombs have been a part of the game as long as I can remember it, and if this were changed at all, I doubt you see that many buff pilots in the air. It would render the effectiveness of a single heavy bomber to being nothing more than a plane tossing rocks down at a field. Easy recaptures are a teamwork issue. If a group of people grab a field, it's their responsibility to defend it from recapture, instead of running off and doing something else.

When someone lands on an enemy field to stay alive and 'pad' their stats and streak, it is just shameful and pathetic. People who do this are pathetic and should be banned, IMO. It also seems like it would be a relatively quick problem to fix. Nowhere near as complex as the invisibile hmack bug some months ago.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2002
  6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

well, those could be considered as bugs, or not, anyway those need some work on server side, and imho work of higher priority.

but forget my "ho", cause there are aike who rulez, and his ho is superdominating ;)

7. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

lol

:D

chief!!!:

this is -exec-'s ho: Ho

this is Aike's ho: HO

yhis is vibora's ho: ho
    :D

8. -nicae-

lol vibora! what nonsense :)

9. stooge

stooge Well-Known Member

laser guided bombs?
    if the norton becomes inaccurate ppl would jsut resort to dive bombing and then u gotta keep the dive bomber less accurate or slower or soemtihng, then becomes unrealistic

easy recaptures are realistic, its called coutner attack(yes even in air wars)

and landing on enemy field
    u deserve to keep ur streak if u can survive to land on an enemy field even if all acks dead coz its like sleeping in an hornets nest

10. -nicae-

btw - ive noticed some inaccuracy in nordens recently. the bombs seem to hit a reasonable distance after the point where you released them.
    i missed many acks like that

anyone else experienced this?

11. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

glad you posted that, nicaee!
    i made the same experience two or three days ago in ju88: i egged hangar and ammo twice each and saw from outer view, that they missed hang and also ammo (which i didn't see, eyes filled with tears of anger about 20 min approach). no damage-report in radio of course. i thought, maybe it's because the 50kg from 4.000m is too weak...
    i'm not sure about a 500kg before which damaged little, it could be bad aim.

12. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

errrrrrrrrrrr, if you land on a enemy field.. you are captured...
    So what is the point of keeping the streak?!?!!?

captured = you can't fly
    you can't fly = no use for streak

Therefore consider losing your streak as payment for release.
    Don't try to excuse landing on enemy fields, it's cheating and you should know better then using it.

13. scrap-

scrap- Active Member

I am sure pilots landing at enemy airfields were greeted with open arms and a beer in real life too, stooge. :p

14. -nicae-

50kg is not enough for hang/ammo
    500 is necessary for a jabo or divebomber. 250 is enough if you drop from bomber alt.

but there is slight innacuracy sometimes

just because the fields doesnt have acks doesnt mean there are enemies there