For all those "War is War" FH pilots.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by illo, Apr 19, 2002.

1. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

For all those "War is War" FH pilots.

Click this and I hope you think twice next time throwing that comment.

There are assholes in war and then there are people with dignity.
    Same applies to FH.

2. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

I have dignity, ask -illo- -odi-- -blue- , i let peeps RTB, I asked illo if was him, and let him RTB when he was damaged, would have been easy kill, one time odi was in a ju88 guarding a field for re opens, and a con apeared on his 6, me, in a G4M dived at the con, and went to the deck, giving odi those precious seconds to reclose the field :)

3. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

War is war, yes.

But this is a game ;)

4. mexlife

mexlife Well-Known Member

darn right Illoman..

You people should think twice before attacking my dc-3 or ju-52 :p

5. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Yes i hope we could model those little children in cockpit.

I would always take some with me to ju52 raids to have them waving and shouting "don't shoot!"

Also neon icon. JU52 (children aboard) would be nice addition. :D

6. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

We've already got enough of our fighters on FH being flown by children, now you want them in the transports too?? :D

7. mexlife

Hey watch it, old timer ;) I might be young, but... hmm.. wait, I am a child after all :shuffle:

Ah well... :dunno:

8. mexlife

Maybe I have less chance of getting shot down by 'noble' pilots?

9. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

"Maybe I have less chance of getting shot down by 'noble' pilots?"

If you get killed you should at least reply at ch100, that killing women and childen is NOT WTG. So "fuck you!" instead of "<S>". They may not have what it takes to fight someone of their own age. So they choose innocent child as their victim. Loosers. :D

10. -blue-

-blue- Well-Known Member

:D

11. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

theres a new release! a really cool game that is kinda like that! its called "microsoft flight simulator 2002"! check it out! :)

12. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Btw. I recommend Saburo's book "Samurai" to everyone. Best fighterpilot bibliography i ever read.

13. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

14. Tabano

Tabano Active Member

War is War

I think being this a simulation of air war, I can agree that "war is war" or "war is unfair" or such things. But I want to make a clarification, being this a simulation of air war, there are given and changing objectives to each side, and one as virtual pilot must fulfill those objectives. Don't say me now that war is won destroying the enemy, because that doesn't apply to FH because respawning :nono: . So, I will shoot down enemy planes IF they are stopping me for fulfilling an objective (fighter sweep, bomber inteception, etc).
    A couple days ago an allied virtual fighter pilot shoot me down in this circunstances:
    "I was doing one of my lonely hi alt patrols between F17 and F27, when suddenly I see a Spitfire almost co-alt. It was a hard and long fight hand-to-hand with this guy whose name I don't remember now, and we both finished the fight heading to our respective corners of the ring with both fuel tanks leaking precious liquid. Gliding to land when engine was dead (was a matter of pride because I didn't have any chance to reach it, because lo alt) suddenly another allied virtual fighter pilot whose nick is "devill" appears behind me with obvious intentions: he shoot me down to pieces."

Now I ask...had this guy any objective to fulfill for the glory of his virtual air war side?? Were I any threat for his objective in the case he had it?? The answer is NO. :ass:

Shooting down a plane in that circunstances is a thing that pisses me off. I maintained some whining (and the people who know me here in the FH know I NEVER whine when being shot) with this guy over channel 100 and I finished telling him that HE individually would be MY personal objective that day, and that I would be hunting him over the whole map. :dark: . Devill just left the FH room in a few seconds.
    PS: And no, Devill, I don't like H2H. I like managing situation awareness proper of every war. ;)

Have fun,
    Tabano

15. tazman

tazman Member

Re: War is War

The name of the noble fighter pilot knight in that first Spitfire was tazman, yes, me. I am a member of 102nd Yugoslav Sqd. and devill is our squad leader. We flew on that day in pair and had radio contact (Roger Wilco). The reason of this is exactly not to be surprised. If one of us gets into trouble the other one is always there. The point there is that backup fighter should always be out of sight for the enemy. That's exactly what devill flawlessly did. You never saw him, so much about your situation awareness. We were very close to one of golds' fields. You and me had 2 head2head passes which I try to avoid, especially when I have 5+ streak because these are gamble. Even a rookie can get a pilot kill in head-on. I told devill over Roger Wilco to stand by in case I needed help. In second pass you got my fuel and I got yours. Immediately I headed for nearest friendly field. And YES, we WERE high enough even for me to land (yes, land, not even ditch) on friendly field so you were certenly able to land at that gold field I mentioned earlier if you had any basic flight skills. So, over Roger Wilco, I told devill to get you, not to let you ditch and get away with that cheap shot that got me out of the game. He complained that that way the kill will be awarded to him and not me. I told him that you would ditch and get away with it and to get you anyway which he obviously did. So you were victim of well planned and executed figher tactics. I see absolutely no problem here.
    Another point that you never mentioned is that devill offered you arranged head to head which you refused! We have logs which can easily document this.
    Point beeing is that I will not allow anyone to question honor of pilots belonging to 102nd Yugoslav Sqd. virtual squad named after heroic defenders of Belgrade during nazi bombing of Yugoslavian capital on 6th of April 1941.

16. Tabano

Tabano Active Member

Hi Tazman,
    well, I need to clarify that maybe you were in enough alt to land because you were nearer of F27 than me of F17. I couldn't in any way reach land and I'M SURE ABOUT THAT. Said this, I'm too a squad leader (Jagdgeschwader 52) and I don't question the honour of any pilot, nor I did in my earlier post, if you understood that, please give me the oportunity to suggest
    that you may be plain wrong. I only say I was no threat to your objectives if you had them (I think now reading your post you didn't) I'm talking about objectives, no about honour. A normal pilot with basic strategic skills wouldn't shoot me down only for the sake of avoiding my ditch. ;) Now reading your post I know you worry more about who "get the kill" than about your side's general objectives. Yes, maybe I was a victim of a well planned and executed air war tactic...for the glory of only a handful pilots. :@prayer:

And yes, you can have the logs you want. If you really have it you can read that Im refusing H2H. That just is what I wrote in my earlier post.
    Salute to the remaining pilots of 102nd...except Devill. ;)

Tabano
    Geschwaderkommodore
    Jagdgeschwader 52

17. devill

devill Well-Known Member

Well, let me tune in on this for a moment...

If someone shoots an enemy and kills his engine, what is he supposed to do? Should he let him ditch and loose a kill? Why should he do that? I was shot upon a million times when I was ditching. Sometimes I was killed, others, I evaded. I never bitched about it since there is nothing wrong about it. :flyer:

What troubled me here was that i would take the kill from my wingman Tazman, although he gave me his permission.

Anyway, I couldn't tell at that time if Tabano could be captured or not. My best guess was that he would not be captured, thus taking the kill away from Tazman. :dark:

That would be in direct oposition to the OBJECTIVE of our sqn, that is to gain as much kills as possible (without stealing them, or shooting at chutes)... :mafia:

Also I have made the offer to Tabano (which he refused) to prove me wrong and for me to defend my honour. That is in my opinion the most righteous way of resolving our dispute. Much better than whining and flaming on this forum.

As for me leaving, I must tell you that at that moment it was about 5:00AM here in Yugoslavia, and that I really didn't have any more strength left in my trigger finger. You can also check this out. :zzz:

But if it makes you fell better:
    "Oh, my God I am so scared of Tabano! I will never play FH again!" :ass:

See you!

18. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

uh uh uh uh!

is it real, that this event, told in the last four posts, can reside in your mind for nearly 20 hours?

(btw: i'm a squad-leader, too... my other squadmate - it's not me - has lost his stick, to me)

last time online some other pilot kept on raging about everything and i thought:
    maybe it is quite a nice tactic to enrage your opponent...
    he never ever will be able to show full skills, if he is full of anger
    :turret:

some of us take everything with humour, some are stoic... others give dumb comments (my mate did ;) ) or get real angry for a while sometimes . welly welly well, my dear droogs...
    but those malschiks who want vino tinto on the screen for some hundred radio-lines - they surely would never get a combat-license in real-life! tom cruise has never had one, i tell you!

please show emotion, otherwise this game has failed, but please calm down in an adequate time (example: chase the object of your hate in awt-map, but don't do it in the actual) and stop drinking moloko-plus for a night of ultraviolence. :cool:

[you will certainly remember the movie, i've taken the quotes out of... illo?]

a question i have: these logs, you are talking of (i've also seen some excerpts here in forum), where are they stored? can i also make my own logs? thx for any answer.

19. mexlife

ledada:

I think it's console.log but i'm not sure. Enable it in FHLaunch > options

20. devill

devill Well-Known Member

Log is in :

/freehost launcher/console.log

If you enabled it.