For all those "War is War" FH pilots.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by illo, Apr 19, 2002.

1. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

thank you for information!

2. stooge

stooge Well-Known Member

geez guys
    look dudes
    44th jks is so noble tat we give away kills when we suicide rite infront of u :p

well ffly doesn't wander here much, but i was noble enoughto crash on purpose when i could have glided back to base since he hit me wif 375 7mm's and i was in zero
    well i dind't have engines and flaps and stuff
    but i was within sight of my field and my acks were shooting at him so i was close enough to ditch anyhow

well guys i gotta confess a bad thing i did yesterday
    i got vulched by this red fighter p51
    then when i was in the air again i was after him and someone shot his plane down
    i shot at his chute at d7 for 1 second to d5
    then didn't shoot
    although i just wanted the guy to know tat someone doesn't like him very much, i feel ashamed tat i did something tat would be considered chute-shooting

3. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

well, whether americans shot down paratroopers or not i don't know. i am quite certain it happened to every country, american, british, german,russian etc. here at FH i will kill ditching planes. especially if he can make it back or near his base. if he has black smoke and near a red base with low alt. i will leave him be. as far as paratroopers go. well i do not shoot chutes! but i may waiver that if i see a chute fireing at me. i think he should enjoy his virtual sky diveing journey. becasue he is already defeated. but thier are many circumstances of many different scenarios where it might not be a good idea. one is to conserve ammo. but always always remember. "elite" motto. if it's not red, then it's dead! we try our darnedest to stick with it. i suggest other do the same ;-) oh yeah. war is war!! and it is also hell. i remember seeing a documentary about ww2. and chuck yeager a very famous u.s. fighter and test pilot. described that he had killed a 262 while it tried to land in a p-51d. the reason was simple. they didnt want those speeded demons in the air at all. and it really does help, when you are trying to have air supremacy. he also stated that it wasn't a noble thing to do, but that it was nessasary.
    bullet

4. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi biz,

why do you quote, what somebody says?

if there really are any honourable aspects in wb, then it is your moral, not some chucki's...

5. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

Bailed pilots are invincible now. Shoot at chutes all you want, you won't hurt them.

6. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

Dammit!!!! There goes my favorite sport!!!

:cool:

7. -brajo

-brajo Well-Known Member

What the fu** are you talking about?!? What was your "holy" objective in that sortie? You were patrolling alone and trying to win the war for the goldies?!? LOL...... I'm glad that our squad stopped you from achieving your higher objectives.... :rolleyes:

The way I see things: I don't shoot planes damaged by other pilots. I don't attack enemy planes who already have one (or more) of our own planes on their tail. But, if I work hard to shoot someone then I want that kill confirmation as a reward. I will shoot as long as he is still flying. Stay in plane and you are a target. After all, there is a simple solution. Eject and admit your defeat. And yes tabano you were defeated even by the first pilot, tazman. Fact that devill finished you is a simple agreement of two teammates. And now you are crying about it here at the forum.
    If you like sightseeing virtual worlds in virtual planes maybe you should try some other games. Don't try to make a girl's game out of this one...

And devill shame on you.... Didn't you see there was a child in the cockpit....? :)

8. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Not paratroopers, pilots.

Finns did let enemy planes damaged or pilots who jumped to get out alive.
    If i was commanding squadron IRL i would like to beat up such bastards who practice any unnessessary killing and at least suspend their flight operations.
    He would also hazard our other pilots lifes by engouraging enemy to do same to us. I would get some people with sane mind in their place.

Any sane human being would fight for his life in war, not fight to kill other humans. SO he would eliminate threats, nothing more.

You can try to justify murder by war or other lousy excuses. It doesn't change thing for me at all.

If your best friend was hanging it that chute...would you shoot him because it is a war? Your opponents don't differ from you and your friends...they are all the same people. Just forced fight some stupid war.

Whatever you think... i hope to see soome friendliness in this simulation as i was used to see. It's going less and less mainly because manners we show to new pilots. As most will threat their opponents like they threat you, without thinking theirselves.

9. Tabano

Tabano Active Member

Brajo, you can laugh about my objectives in flight if you want. :zzz:
    Everytime I fly a sortie I have one or more objectives, because, this isn't a kid's or girl's game. ;)

I'm not crying, you are wrong about that IMHO. I'm answering ON TOPIC. You only say two things in your topic that make any sense to me:

"I'm glad that our squad stopped you from achieving your higher objectives".

and:

"you were defeated even by the first pilot, tazman"

The remaining sentences of your post only show childish manners and writing of a short-minded virtual pilot. :(

Have fun,
    Tabano
    Jagdgeschwader 52

10. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi illo (and others)

if you (or others) were commanding squadron in rl, certainly many things would be regarded different...

even if your (any) ideological background seems worth to fight for, there is nothing good in war and history also has shown, that there has never been a "good" way to fight.
    so why don't you (and others) stop telling stories from war as examples for the right (or wrong) way to participate the spell of war?

i mean:
    history is good for learning and rememberingof things most of us have never experienced, and to know about mankind's behaviour. but it should not be used for rules how to do war the right (or wrong) way. war is always wrong!

so far i agree to you, illo, but i am not sure, what i would do, if i had to 'participate' war. why not only saying: 'i feel wrong about ...' that is stronger in mean than anything else...

that is it, illo! absolutely!
    for me it is a simulation in technical aspects, maybe also theory of tactic and strategy...
    but behaviour of pilots should not simulate real-life or get its reason from war-stories. different to rl we can behave as we feel!

this is a community more than in any other game, and bit of education of newbies can easily happen. hopefully not the way:'i do vulching, because xy has done it in war'

i like especially 'some friendliness' (of course not to much), illo. i hope, i will find it in radio. not necessarily in fight...

11. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

that reminds me of FHLauncher's term of conditions, lol!
    they really did that one good!
    if you dont know what im talking about, read "license.txt" in your FHLauncher directory! :)

about tabano&devill&tazman issue:
    this discussion will not end. moral, honor and online behavior is a very subjective thing, and each of you seem to have very unvariable opinions.
    i cant stop you from discussing this. unless it becomes too heavy. so be light on words, and try to avoid provocations/insults/whatever.

to be honest, this is the worst part of being a moderator. you see your friends poking each other over and over again over a cyclic issue, that is very unlikly to have a solution. pweeeease stop? :shuffle:

(btw, did i already say something like that in some other flame? it feels familiar..)

i know what!! lets talk about chocolate instead!
    how many eggs did you guys get for easter?
    or is easter in brazil a bit earlier? hmmmm.. maybe this one wont work out..
    ooo!! ooooo!! i know!
    does anyone here hate onions?

12. -brajo

-brajo Well-Known Member

geeee.... thank you on your compliments :dura:

anyway, at least you agree with few words from my post......

13. mexlife

mexlife Well-Known Member

Is it me or Finns are (were) the best flying, most noble, boldest, most moral, and knightly pilots?

:)

nic:

I love onions. Especially with roasted easter bunny. And chocolate for dessert?
    :kruto:

14. -nicae-

onions fried with momma's beef rulez!
    maybe onions for dessert after the chocolate? :D

15. Kari

Kari Well-Known Member

LOL illo. There is always an exception, even to this one.
    But in general Finns did not shoot chutes.
    Well, who the hell did? In RL I mean, in quantities?

LOL Mexlife, you are close :p

The postings here are only opinions, sometimes
    backed by some evidence, but most often not.
    Who can tell the crap from the truth?

However, Finns do hold the record of the
    best K/D for any U.S. made WW2 fighter :D
    Take my word for it, or then do not believe me at all ;)

16. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

ledada, to answer your question. if its good enough for chuck yeager, then its good enough for me. he killed the landing 262 because he didn't want him to go up again and possibly kill him or his squad mates or any buddy else on the allied side. in rl if it was me. i would do what ever it took to secure my side in winning. within reason and safety of my own life or fellow squad mates and ground troops. maybe that pilot hanging from a chute was an super ace. would i really want him to go home and get into another plane?? i would much rather his waring country to train another, who would be much more likely to make a mistake. war is war!! it is not a time of being nice period. the goal is to ensure that your side wins. and that may even justify being a little to risky and endangering our own life. now in the arena if i see a con in a parachute after his fighter craft has died. and i see that chute shooting, it tells me he has some fight left in him and well maybe so do i. the only difference is i bet i will win that out come forsure. wouldn't ya think?

now another thing. i agree with you ledada war is stupid, mindless, and a crime!! this world would be so much better if we took all the money we use to wage war and used it to house people/feed people/ just think what it woud be like if we all got along. i would love that so much. but alas i have awakened from my dream. and many others dream i am sure. i wish i could find a planet just like this one. and start from scratch. just think of the enlightenment and joy of total piece. that surely would be heaven. heaven could be here, but we humans always get side tracked with hatred,jeleosy,racism etc. sometimes the human race is nothing more then talking monkeys, very primitive. but keep dreaming. because you never know ;-)

17. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

" the goal is to ensure that your side wins."

It maybe for you. There are different opinions on this one.
    Goal can be to survive all that shit.
    Goal can be to keep your humanity even if forced to this hell.
    Yes war is mad.

But using your assumption (way exaggerated)
    I should shoot every people walking past me in the streets since he can potentially be murderer in the future. Who knows?

I can understand preventing their action when it's taking place.
    But when fight is over..it's over for me.

Im sure shooting chutes would more risk your squad mates life than not.
    How would they be treated if captured, how would opposing side think about them. What would happen if they were forced to jump?
    Would they have any symphaty or respect. I hope they would. But sadly many people go for revenge.

I simply couldn't live with doing what you describe. It's only real reason for me. That guy hanging on chute was propably just protecting his home and people. Or whatever his goals were...i could not do that.

But, well this is just speculating.

I think ledada got it best. :)
    This is not war..

18. -nicae-

yuuuck!! :eek:
    blue is drinking water in his avatar!! :nono:

biiig list of other drinks that clear your mind too! :deal:

:p

19. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Re: Re: War is War

Check out
    http://grobar.search.bg/belgrad/

:rose:

(on topic - in one of the sources there is account on stuka shooting chute)

No, actually they are on 2nd place - first are bulgarians. :cheers:

(on topic - indeed, we never shot ami chutes [or it is not recorded :)], but the amis did twice [AFAIK] kill bg bailed pilots [many villagers observed it from the ground]. At another occasion they surprised one of the airfields at night, the staff panicked and ran from the bombed barracks to the nearby river canyon - they were strafed by the low flying us fighters and several tens were killed. On the other hand bailed US bomber crews were accepted by the population friendly, the dead were buried as christians and [the books say] even on the graves wrote "Here rest american heroes". Such attitude is quite astonishing [exaggerated?] when you consider the same those guys dropped pens, cigarette boxes and children toys fitted with explosive [!!!])

I HATE ONIONS!!!

And i would rather kills chutes - exactly because its a game. :p Unfortunately they seem to be invincible.

20. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Hehee..thanks grobar. Hih..katsokaa kill buffer.

[​IMG]
    -kp-- ja doku. :)

[​IMG]
    aaaaa.... :( It's doku in his stuka.