TabajaraHost 2.77

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ppedott_vibora, Jul 16, 2004.

1. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Hi guys!
    Im proud to anounce a new WB2.77 server, the TabajaraHost!

Well, that's it!

If you're reading this, is that we finished the Tabajara Host, divulged this site and that thing is working! But why we had all this work to create a new server? Well, there are lots of answers, all with its motives and arguments. From Kommando Nebula's side, since 2002 me and alemгo was dreaming in building a server where we could try new configurations, change the challenges and find new things to fly... At RFH, we didn't find space to add this ideas that was appearing in our mind, as by "technical impossibility", as by (apparently) indifference (and sometimes arrogance by most old community members ? however needs to be clear that never had any type of arrogance by RFH Admins' part, []'s to all!). The fact is that for so long years flying the same way, with same objectives and same maps tends to be boring...

In 2003, I don't remember why, happened the 1st Anonymous WB meeting here in Porto Alegre; in this occasion me and alemгo met Franz-, that had commented that known how to develop a server and was disposed to start, but needed some logistic support... In further chats we had the conclusion that our point of view and franz-'s closed in 110%, and we started the project. With some hard work, among our free time, the project begins to get its shape. After, we added new members to project, mikers, -xiru-, -stuka, colono, -elso-, and ifconfig. We counted with ledada's suggestions ([[[]]]'s), tiefox (who hosted our sever during beta tests []'s!), nicaee and -fla--, and other I don't remember now :)...

BTW, everyone be welcome and check your six!!!

[]'s franz <-- vib
    ===
    I made the anouncemente at portunhol forum, and till now couldnt translate the entire trhread to english due lack of time and lack of skills... really sry about that... asap I get a part translation I put it here!:)
    You can get some info here:
    info
    The most important parts I tried to translate...
    Is someone translate it to english would be very nice!
    Ty
    and see you there!

RELEASE DATE: SUNDAY 18/JULY/2004 12:00 BRAZIL TIME (GMT -3)
    If you have questions or doubts catch me at ICQ 169094733!
    <--vib

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  2. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Hmmmm...

Well congratulations on getting another WB Freehost in the loop... I just hope this won't divide the pilots too much...

I'm not sure

<Z>

3. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Well- I'm sure I gonna visit the new Host, and if connect is not bad I'll consider switching to it... too many strange things going on here lately.

4. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

The most important thing is that all WB comunity will help to improve TabaHost, any feature we intend to implement we will make a poll.

Comparing with russian FH, our server dont have:

- .commandos (yet)
    - .minen
    - CV field attack

But we have lots of new features I think everyone will appreciate, like 2 wb-hours of night and onboard radar since 1944 (I guess) in some planes.

We are open for suggestions at tabahost@hotmail.com any doubts please contact. Soon I'll disponibilize a home page with everything, like OP, ADMIN and general commands, configuration variables, score formulas, damage model etc...

[]'s
    Franz-

5. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

wow, still tryin to improve wb2?
    why dont u guys make a targetware addon fe? ;)
    hmm, gonna visit u if connx will be ok, cu

6. ppedott_vibora

Well, when we can start it? :)

7. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Thanks to ppedott_vibora :D I was able to test the new host for some time today. Here my impressions (hot):

FM:
    Almost the same as in FH... nothing new, nothing to learn.

DM:
    Ground objects take much more hits to down them with guns... 50x20 100x12=fuel down 600s only f.ex.
    Drones (buff's wingmen) have damage points counter, player planes the usual DM. Buffs are tougher (100x20 and 200x12 d1.5 to down one piloted SBD and two drones f.ex.). Otto isn't a sniper... you can go to a d of 180 yards and only minor damage occurs.

Other Features:
    Limited number of planes per field and country, planes take time to be built. No more ditching, cause ditched planes are counted as lost :D
    Ack weenies bites... hard... :turret:
    Nights! Yes gentlemen... NIGHTS! They are cool, they kick ass, they limit your SA to the extreme :D
    Icons set at long range (~30) but distance counter works only below 199 yards.
    No BS fueldivider... 50% makes flying fun again.
    Radar coverage visible for all players and not only squad leaders.
    Scoring without multipliers for plane popularity (as the planes are limited this makes more sense than multis IMHO).
    No sneaky-snaky attacks with jabos anymore... radio stations have their function at last- as soon as the first bomb hits a field the field is allarmed and allarms all players in country... COOOOOL!

8. Zembla JG13

I wonder, what does Tabajara stand for?

So far only been up for a short spin, however the map was old med and Ki44 was available? Is this because the host isn't fully operational yet or does the RPS still need to be modified?

As for pings, I get a 300 in WBhelper, and a 440 with pingtest (only pingtested once)

to be continued, gotta shut down: thunder & lightning ... :shuffle:

back

Erm, well it's exactly the same as FH, only the server's a little different, other emphasis, changes here and there... you still get the welcome message by Aike :p The host messages are a little different...

So basically, the launcher is (up until now) not modified, meaning it's practically just a different host, with different rules, and different administrators, but with the same planes, just at different times.

<Z>

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  9. ppedott_vibora

we intend to have more buffers flying, instead to solve all situations with jabos...

10. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

About MOTD, u got aike message because we are getting some troubles with first file sending at login, but as soos is possible we will correct. than, WB used last file u downloaded (at RFH). To review the motd just type .motd :)

About ki44: Last 3 airplanes added at RFH we couldn't get info at this time, than they are available all the war at this time. As soon we get info about in/out dates we will update rps. :)

11. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

One more thing u didn't see, as we have nights, we added on-board radar since 1944. Then we will get to fly with bf110 and kill those b17 :)

12. Zembla JG13

So there will be night B-17 bombardments, will there be pathfinders then or how will the bombers have to track down/aim for their targets?

<Z>

13. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

U mean some identification? At night targets are more difficult to see, but we can see :)

14. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

Here is the homepage, lots of things are not documented yet.

The IP will be posted there at 12:00pm (-3GMT) or @666 of 18/jul/2004.

http://www.tabahost.cjb.net/

[]'s
    franz-

15. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Wtg Franz and Vibora!

Looking forward to trying it out :)

-glas-

16. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

put in the 200.000.000.000 ip and get error.. use default freehostlauncher?? or is there a download? cant red 99% of websight. some options sound very cool

17. ppedott_vibora

Hi griphn, 200.000.000.000 is only an non functional example... the real IP will be release tomorrow sunday 18 12:00 Brazil time (GMT-3) here at FH forum... :) see u there!

18. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

thanks btw were can i download maps? i dont have all yet

19. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

We'll disponibilise all to download at least in time to play arena while RPS is going on...

1st 2 maps are smallmed (wbmed3) and BoB (wbtrn002) I'm sure u have these ones :)

[]'s
    Franz

20. ---cat

---cat Well-Known Member

1st. WTG for ya own server!
    but isnt it the first step to split the wb community?
    isnt it not a better way to cooperate with the Fh admins?
    i visit ya hp and u got many good ideas,which u realised like drons for buffs and so on....
    as i said i think its a PK for our community,which we got immo.....
    its not agianst the admins of tabarajahost,its only my opinion.

see ya in air

greetz cat