Syria....here we go....

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by -ALW-, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Ok, this is starting to read like the comment section on one of Alex Jones' YouTube videos.

2. UncAmi

UncAmi Member

Red Ant, I must respectfully disagree. I'm old and cynical, but the truth is that we -- and by that I mean my own nation and yours, and others -- *pushed* things along. I cannot say that Assad is good, but I can say that "we" helped cause this "revolution."

Well, how many thousands are dead now. How many millions have fled to Western Europe?

I hate to be cynical and realistic, but the facts are rather clear to me now.

It's a shit situation. My opinion is: stop the war now. I don't give damn what the Saudis want...

3. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

No, this is just information, too much for you. Move along I guess. I prefer to live in reality these days.

4. Red Ant

Yeah ok, the American government has a secret weather control machine it uses to harm Russia. Man, are you even listening to yourself? :dura:

5. Red Ant

How so? Are you suggesting that the initial demonstrations way back in 2011 when protesters demanded reforms were just a CIA setup? The government reacted to these protests with violence and extreme brutality. WTF did they expect. You can't hold an entire population down forever; eventually even fear and brutally will fail to do the job.

6. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Large "demonstrations" never starts on their own. Especially prolonged ones.
    As that's not a cheap and easy task to organise and sustain.

They always funded and organised by someone rich and powerful.

Also, to rally up enough people you need great degree of control over local media, and large information campaign (best with pre-arranged terror events) to steer usually passive masses.

The thing you got right - Assad government was blind and toothless enough to allow whole thing to even start.

I hope he got this lesson learned by now.

And another thing.
    Syrian 'revolution' was not the first and even not the 10 in the row of revolutions organised all around the world by the west.
    They are really as transparent as glass after you see it another after another after another.

After all we had to witness several of these even in our own country, with our own eyes.
    Luckily for us last attempt failed miserably. We learned.

Oh and if Washington DC eventually will burn in nuclear flames i will not shred a single tear.
    As we lost several millions of people due to them. And hundreds of millions suffered a lot.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  7. Red Ant

Oh really.

8. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Read your own link.

"the church played a big role in the formation of this protest"
    And i don't really care who was behind the church, and even if there was someone behind it.

9. Red Ant

So then what is your point? Of course there is going to be _some_ initial catalyst to bring on mass demonstrations. People don't just randomly bump into each other on the street and decide to demonstrate for change. But you insinuated that the all major demonstrations are always incited by external agents, and I just showed you one that wasn't. Your claim that the Syrian mass protests were stirred up by the "West" must either be backed up with proof or dismissed as baseless.

10. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

I don't care. You not a judge and i'm not a defendant.

You can ignore the world around you, but be ready to suffer consequences.

11. Red Ant

Exactly.

12. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

ISIS was created by CIA and Mossad with Bush and Cheney taking orders

from Rothschild and Rockefeller.

13. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Hi again, Red Ant!

"Are you suggesting that the initial demonstrations way back in 2011 when protesters demanded reforms were just a CIA setup?"

No, I do not believe that the initial protests, revolts, etc., in Syria are a documented, *direct* result of the USA or any other foreign, Western interference. Do you think the CIA is competent? They are like the STASI. But things do happen behind the scenes, in the shadows, that influence events and outcomes. Many people were very unhappy; the government was not responsive to the concerns of the citizens.

Let's be clear: Assad is an autocrat whose family/tribe has been in charge for decades without a "democratic" challenge. This is indisputable.

But how did a stable Syria descend into chaos? My government -- along with certain other governments in the region -- decided that "Assad must go"; check the public pronouncements. Hillary bragged about her "successes" in Libya, and as we used to say in the Cold War: let's watch the dominoes fall.

"The government reacted to these protests with violence and extreme brutality. WTF did they expect. You can't hold an entire population down forever; eventually even fear and brutally will fail to do the job."

Entrenched powers resist being thrown out of the trench (I'm showing my cynicism).

(There is another calculus that I always think about: suffering of the common people versus idealism.)

Anyway, now Germany can embrace 1/4 of the Syrian population. History marches on.

It's all very depressing.