Just found this, is FH very much dead?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by King_Corduroy, Feb 8, 2018.

1. King_Corduroy

King_Corduroy New Member

Hi all! I've been a huge fan of Warbirds for a LONG time. I first played it as a demo I got on my copy of Vangers back in the late 90's and I fell in love with it, it's a fantastic game so of course when I learned of this place I was SUPER stoked. But it seems I've gotten here too late. :/

So I was wondering, how dead is this now? I see other people have asked in the past but it's years after than and I'm just curious as to how much worse it's gotten.

BTW: I'm in a few vintage computer hobbiest groups so I might post this around and see if I can get some people in here, also probably going to record a video and post that up on youtube where I have over 1k subs so hopefully that will bring in some new traffic. That is assuming the servers are still up and everything installs fine. lol

I've started a Warbirds II Fanpage on Facebook btw if anyone wants to join that: https://www.facebook.com/WarbirdsIIFanpage/

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  2. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

You like 18 years late for the show. ;)

And online numbers drop to zero like 10 years ago.

3. Archer

Archer Administrator Staff Member

Nice video

4. King_Corduroy

King_Corduroy New Member

Heh, yeah I know I'm a bit late. I was only a kiddo when this game was new sadly so I didn't have internet at home, or money to pay the monthly fee to play Warbirds. lol Are the servers still up and does the launcher still work? Who knows I might be able to drum up some interest. I suspect Warthunder and the modern Warbirds as well as Hightec's new venture AcesHigh probably drew most of the fanbase away eh?

EDIT: Also yeah those video's are amazing, wish I was old enough to have experienced this game online when it was new. I totally want one of those Warbirds embroidered hats, they are just so cool! lol

5. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

I think server is still online.

WBFH started to die with IL2 release.

Obsolete graphics and growing incompatibility with modern windows are main reasons, i guess.

6. King_Corduroy

King_Corduroy New Member

Oh does it have issues with 64bit windows and Windows 10? That could be an issue. However I suspect a vintage computer running windows 98 or 95 might not have any problems. Kinda curious to try now, I've got a row of Packard Bell's behind me and a full copy of Warbirds II. lol Have any of you guys swapped over to other games since this one has declined? I mean anyone here also in Warthunder or something else?

7. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I love[d] WBFH. Lately, I found I missed WB.
    And especially missed this one.
    I have, just a week ago, PAID money to IEN. There are enough players there. The planes aren't as tweaked and wonderful as the ones here, not even close. And no attempt to be historically [more] accurate. AND ONLY TWO VVS [Soviet Union Airforce] PLanes in IEN Warbirds, and that sucks, becuase the Soviet Union and it's people saved the world, and their planes were fine too.

IF yuo can convince some people to use this game and they came to the arena, you just watch, people who miss this game, and just don't come often, or at all, because it is lonely and boring to play against one, or none.

8. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

me too, but i need WB-2020 with oculus rift on my head (FullHD on each eye) and same flight model as in WBFH (not like in iL2)

9. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Hehe, that is why I cannot use my [love] X-Plane. becuase version 11 needs me spend $1000 on a new PC and oculous thingie and some sort of high priced video. BTW, the video cards are being used for bitcoin miners.
    So, I couldn't buy one cheap[er] even if I wanted to.
    The IEN warbirds works, but it doesn't have all the features and goodies, and the Historical PLanes and they historical missions, I mean, axis verses allies.
    I don't like very much flying in a A6M and being attacked by a A6M.... etc.
    [Too much USA NAZI type of people in there, I don't mean the OKAY type of USA people, I am talking about the NAZIs who infest USA, they also infest the IEN Warbirds]

Miss you all!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  10. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

В мемориз...

11. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Wow!