p47 pilot talks about ww2

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Mcloud, May 4, 2018.

1. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Interesting testimony of p47 pilot. This guy is my kind of guy. Talk about makin' monkies fuck, whoah.

looseleaf, Uncles and mcgru- like this.
  2. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

ну охуеть! расточители государственного имущества!!! :D
    у нас за такое мороженое дали бы семь лет расстрелов через повешение! :)
    надо же догадаться... залить в ёмкость молоко, запихнуть фрукты, масло, поставить куда-то там в Р-47, полетать 15 минут на высоте 7км, где -45С, поболтаться в бочках чтобы взболтать(!!!) ... :D приземлиться и быстрее бежать кушать морожение, пока оно не растаяло.... :D :super:

3. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

That's awesome! Well, that dude did his duty. Our fathers and grandfathers were real men. Happy VE Day (8/9 May)!

(When I was a teenager, I helped restore a veteran P-47. I think it had been retired from a National Guard unit from the southwest, US. Big-ass aircraft; that pilot wasn't lying when he said it was BIG :)

@mcgru- О, ты -- чего! Да и с днём победы! Даже и мы американцы и канадцы боролись против фашистов, ты знаешь :) Третьем будешь с нами?

looseleaf likes this.
  4. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!

PROOF POSITIVE OF THE GREATEST GENERATION.

5. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Maybe we should make Mr. Mohrle the mascot or something of freehost? he seems like a good candidate.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  6. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Good idea..... yet he may not consider it too much of an honor....

Many years ago, as I was playing a WW2 sim game flying a F4U and there was a show playing on the TV about the F4U. This was during some friends and family get together and we were all hanging out waiting to be called to the dinning room. Up came an "old guy" and saw the tv and the game... He laughed a sort of pitiful laugh and shook his head...

He then said: " I got over 2,400 hours in that plane. Shot down 4 and one half Japanese planes and then they ended the war...."

In later accounts he had flown in Korea and Vietnam... and was a test pilot.

However when asked to share some of his stories... he was very reluctant. In fact his wife and kids told us that he very very seldom talks about his war experiences nor test flights as
    he had lost far too many friends.