A WBFH Revival, this could do it?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by flygod, Jan 16, 2019.

1. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

I think we all know the creators of WB's way back in the day, unknowingly created a masterpiece of ww2 air combat. Sure there are many new simulators and all very pleasing to the eye. But as far as game play goes they all pretty much suck has been my experience.

They seemed to have made eye appeal a priority over the experience of dog fighting. I don't know why but the game play makes up for the lack of fancy graphics. And I don't have to mention the experience of the Gilded age of FH when 60-80 were slugging it out. And the fellowship...or rivalry between players, the hate and vengeance, grudges for fellow players is something none of the modern sims have ever.

My son recently turned me on to this site called Twitch that is all the rage now. If you haven't heard of it, it is a platform were basically you play your game live stream and people login and watch, kind of like if someone came over your house and watched you play. All the young kids are doing it today.

I was thinking if we all created an account and started streaming maybe some of these kids will see and join us? WBFH will play on any PC and has a tiny footprint so it is ez to run and install.

Lets face it attrition has and continues to die as we old guys fade away. And think if we could have a bunch of new players to have as target practice ha ha haaw (evil laugh). And we all know what happens when you get your ass handed to you...ya your hooked then!

Here is the link to the site go check it out. This guy is doing some sim called warbirds of prey is all I have found. And maybe we can revive FHWB's ?

"https://player.twitch.tv/?autoplay=false&video=v238733326"

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/

Here is my acct i set up. I have yet to set it all up for live streaming (need my kid to help) I think you have to click on bottom right corner where is says "watch on Twitch" to see it

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    looseleaf likes this.
  2. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Guess it didn't work?

3. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

Warbirds 2020 in the making !!

4. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Dostoyevskii, in his novel The Possessed/Devils/Бесы, had one of the main characters say: "The kingdom of heaven is at hand!" And his nihilist interlocutor responded by saying simply: "Yes, in June." The former expects a religious, deus ex machina kind of salvation, while the latter expects a radical secular, bolshevik-like revolution. It's best to keep expectations low :)

5. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

10 years without WB..... and you expect me to keep my expectations low? :dura:

6. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

You're correct. Who knows what will happen?

7. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

And the whole ends in... bloody carnage and pointless suicide (like when there was a CV near a field in one of the WBFH maps ;) ).