OMG, impossible happened, Microprose has been revived and team up with IEN to create Warbirds 2020 !

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by kemioz, Jun 10, 2019.

1. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
    and never brought to mind?
    Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
    and auld lang syne?
    For auld lang syne, my jo,
    for auld lang syne,
    we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
    for auld lang syne.
    And surely ye’ll be your pint-stowp!
    and surely I’ll be mine!
    And we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
    for auld lang syne.
    We twa hae run about the braes,
    and pu’d the gowans fine;
    But we’ve wander’d mony a weary foot,
    sin auld lang syne.
    We twa hae paidl’d i' the burn,
    frae morning sun till dine;
    But seas between us braid hae roar’d
    sin auld lang syne.

2. looseleaf

Ah the good old days.... players just waiting around to get into the Doras and vulch as to get high scores and tell everyone else they are no good......
    and the complaints that the P51 is an unreal dog and the excuse that if the P51 were modeled correctly it would be "too good".....

3. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

Not yet....... the game is supposed to release in October.

looseleaf likes this.
  4. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

2 months :p

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  5. looseleaf

If this is supposed to be Chuck Yeager's P51, the name was Glamorous Glennis......

6. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

Come on Warbirders, where are you? We need to gather pilots for this :D

looseleaf likes this.
  7. looseleaf

I'm in... and waiting.... however my concern is most of us "warbirders" are long gone;

age, work, family and other interests...

8. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Nah.
    I'm 40 today, and still play games.
    Well, sometimes it's the "Rabbids Invasion" on my X-Box, competing with my daughter, still...

Interestingly enough, I had a business trip to Spain last year and, while sitting in an centuries-old tavern, down in Oviedo, Asturias, and eating a delicious steak I discovered, in a loose "after business" conversation, that one of our Spanish partners was also a flightsim addict, who played iEN Warbids, and later IL2 and LOMAC. What's the point? Well - there are perverts like us all around the world, and there will be definitely enough of them to fill those servers anew, if the "product" will meet their expectations in terms of playability.

9. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

Reporting in.

kemioz likes this.
  10. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Yeah, I will never forget roaring to your rescue and screaming like a Banshee at 600 KPH straight down, as I tried to rescue your [b24?] Buff doing some bombing stuff, and that sort of thing. I got target fixated, at the time, but was going so fast there wasn't a need to check six. I din't recall much more than the mental image, the excitment.....
    I don't remember if I killed the bad guy's plane [maybe not, and I don't care].
    You used to do those solo buff missions, it was like trolling sort of.

Trolling?
    Oh, yeah.

Oh and BTW, I am coming too

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  11. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Steam Crew will [however they do it] make it run on my Linux. I fear the WINE crap though, there is a way Steam makes MSWindows Blobs run in a GNU/Linux.
    I do have a Windows10, I hate it. BUT there is still only one reason I have a Windows: To Run Windows Games, So I do have it, just hardly ever use it. I hate even seeing it, it is like the ugly bitchy old woman who I used to know back when she was not bitchy, ugly and old.......
    Every see one o them old bags who has her face skin all stretched and shiny and like rosy enamel? And her eyes look bugged out and taught...like a cartoon, and she is painted like a parrot....And ya think, well, maybe if I was drunk and then, ya look at her hands and HOLY SHIT, outa here. I am sure she is thinking similar about me.....
    [MSWindows looks like Pachincko]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  12. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

You should probably run it fine on steam with proton, i was running pretty much every new game with proton when I tried it under linux.
    Have you used Proton before?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  13. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I have used Proton on the Steam to run a few MSWindows games in the GNU/Linux OS. The Unreal Stuff I read about is going to be used. Is that a Alt of DirectX? Oh, the sales/marketing jargon used in the web is, to me, a bunch of techno-babble. SO WHAT if it can allow interactive communities the ability to apply teams outputting the something of something, something something something.... and those magic words, Unreal is Free and Open [Available source code] Software. FOSS are magic words.
    I look forward to using the WB2.77 thing, in GNU/Linux-Steam. I have serious doubts it will be completed, though. Read about the brilliant hobbyists who started FH, and see what they had to endure.
    [in FHWB days, I was called Biles or Bilesy, not very good but was handy handy bait, I hope to see a Chiaka AKA Snoopy-Plane (Polikarpov I-153). And all the other much loved VVS kites].
    I fly the Flight Sim, X-Plane10 [available as a GNU/Linux Binary!!] version of I-153. it is very difficult, it likes to break into pieces and spin around and around, and then make a hole in the ground, and the four 7.7 mm MGs that sound so cool, yet that's about all they do, ratatatta..... Those guns are like AirSoft.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  14. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I bet that guy who liked to use the P-38 with only one engine, and invite anyone who wanted to try to shoot it down, at Zero Altitude, is still around......... I think there were some Siberians who could shoot him down [some of them are alive too?] and he would even shoot them down, sometimes.
    And those fucking Poles.....
    Wolfie is dead, RIP.

15. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Reporting for duty! SIR YES SIR!

16. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I am gonna come see all of you, online, in the arenas, as soon as the New-Old Warbirds becomes available.
    I won't be any good, I never was, but I sure wanted to be. Now I don't give a fuck about being good at anything, except wiping my own bum without help and staying upright when I limp around town... and the nasty discharge [never mind]....

I don't often remember what day it is anymore

kemioz likes this.
  17. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

You're making that up, right? A P-38 on one engine is a sitting duck. :eek:

18. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I wasn't making it up. Maybe that player will come here some day, if he is living still. I was shot down by old timers all the time, I had my own winning strategy, it was: If I could land the plane after flying, I was a champion, in my own mind. I could do that pretty well.

19. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

They have shown new screenshots, for a Warbirds game, this is amazing :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-frog- and -Shai- like this.
  20. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

That's more like it!