I signed up to play "THE NEW" Warbirds [Mac, pay attention!].

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by hezzey, Oct 29, 2019.

1. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I think my Handle is Bilesy or bilesy.
    Come to play.
    Yes, it costs $ and so half of you will never come there :(
    And maybe half can't speak English. which is needed if ya want to tell me to fuck off in the coms.....
    I have to treat myself like a Total Newb, that is because I never learned properly before [impulse control and stupidity].
    At this time, I am treating it like X-Plane Sim [Civilian Flight Simulator] except there are threats around: I just want to take off, navigate and the touch down, again and again.

2. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

For now. Sooner or later I will get some kills, but I think more likely I am gonna be a target... mostly. Or a goof who roars by too fast, climes into an attack, falls asleep drunk on Autopilot, maybe.

3. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

NO. I changed my mind.
    There are too many redirects, error messages none copy n past secret passwords like 15S900OOI, and redirects to web sites that don't exist, and the worst of it all it the BS the errors messages are, WHAT SECRET NUMBER? 404 error.
    I QUIT.
    NOT GOING BACK and wasting any more time.
    I need a beer, or I could delete the Teamspeak and the other crap, and will have to ASK permission, form a redirect..... and a secret question, the answer, what answer, what was the answer to your secret question, WTF?????? What question, when did I set that up?, and get redirected to somewhere else, and the fucking MS Error messages, WTF?
    I don't know one from the other.
    I QUIT

4. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

And I will be able to stop using this Fucking Bullshit MSWindows, OH GOD I NEED TO DO THAT. I HATE MICROSOFT.
    Get me back into Linux World.

looseleaf likes this.
  5. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's a flop....... BTW: how many players were online?

6. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

keep 2 computers - one with Linux for work (non-gaming-activity) and one with MS Windows for games (that runs only under ms-windows).
    of just keep 2 distinct (hdd or ssd) drives - switch them in case you have no possibility to own 2 power comps.

7. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I was attempting the 2019 version I still need to wait for the 2020.
    Yes the second hard drive for windows good idea. I have one disconnected and will give it a try when I feel like it no rush.
    Will need to endure the few hours of windows updates....

8. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

No offence Biles, but I am sick and tired of that "I am a poor Apple/Linux fanboy and Microsoft does it all wrong".
    You were stuck with MS Windoofs back in the "good old days of WBFH" and now you're playing a cry girl.
    And the updates only take 10 or 15 minutes or so (just bought my wife an older laptop that was still factory-wrapped (yet still the old gen. 7 i5 inside) - the whole installation process - including launching that new, fancy MS web browser to download normal browser - out of the box - took me some 20 minutes).

I do understand some of the people use Linux for work.
    I do understand that most of the DTP/GFX and website designers I know opt for Apple...
    ... but "ordinary" users?

C'mon! MS is the way. It may be dumb, pointless and scary, but at least it works in 99% of everyday applications.

9. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Microsoft helped develop the user interface we use on desktop computers.
    I like that it is (was) familiar.
    But it’s GUI was dressing on a turd.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  10. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I can do OK enjoying my memories.
    I have Microsoft windows on a hard drive. I look at it every occasionally....
    Mostly because I’m bored.
    My son is in his 30s now he is much more capable with Microsoft windows than I am and is now the familiy’s computer guy. That suits me fine. I no longer need to stay current or even attempt to stay current with that operating system. I am free. I am now an old uncle expected to be a old retard because I still know how to change spark plugs, use a dial phone, or flip the pages in a newspaper.....
    If the new version of the old classic MicroProse warbirds 2.77, tweaked for its beauty and workable because of Vulcan on Linux *OR* workable on windows 10, I would use it even if I hated the operating system I mounted it on.
    The new/old version of warbirds 2.77 would be fine for me on either OS.
    And it is likely that if Microsoft released a new for-pay operating system, say, Windows 11, I would buy it and try it out because I’m bored.
    I am a distro hopper and anything that will work I’d like to try.
    Just for fun

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  11. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Well it if hezzey says it sucks then I wont even try it. I have 8.1 on this computer and an i5 and internet explorer is basically obsolete but still works fine when it comes to downloading pics of goats and gorillas.. need to get windows 10, the latest build just came out this month... oh well.
    If microsoft has removed the option to install windows without creating a microsoft account then I will be switching to Linux.
    OT: oh! for the last three nights I have had really bad nightmares about getting knifed by people, and you know how when you're dreaming its like you cant run or move properly, its like you have multiple sclerosis or something? well, I find it frustrating when I am getting attacked and cant defend myself. Also I got crushed by a truck that was in reverse, I was screaming STOP ASSHOLE!!!!!!!! and of course he was looking at me in his side view mirror and just kept crushing me up against a wall. can't remember what happened in the last (third) nightmare but it had something to do with sharks in lake huron. bad ones.
    WELL, I figured out what was causing it. its this herbal tea called Dreamland by presidents choice. It's bad for the brain. I had a cup before I went to sleep three nights in a row.
    Ot: There a re lot of people buying these Volkswagens that have the engine that shuts of when the vehicle is stopped at the lights and then restarts when you hit the gas or something? okay well we just had a little snowfall here and these Volkswagens are stalling out all over town. you hit the gas and the engine dies. again and again and again. people are really pissed. I owned a VW jettta in my 20s and swore I would never buy anything made by vw again. and now im glad I didn't. these things are stalling all over town. Peoples cars are on a slight slope, and then when the car stalls it starts rolling backwards, so they have to hit the brake and the car behind them gets hit and ALL of kinds of crap from volkswagens.

looseleaf likes this.
  12. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Here you make a good point.
    Windoofs 8.1 is the sole crap I could simply not stand.
    Had it on one of the previous computers and it was a relief to have it updated as soon as Win10 rolled out.
    I still have it on my old tablet (yes, kinda strange to have a Win-running tablet, but I needed something small and MS Office capable) and I barely use it (just because of the crappy OS) - still it was better as a tablet-running OS than a desktop/laptop one.

I happen to own one of these "crappy" Volkswagens (a '16 Golf SV to be more precise) and guess what?
    There's a button that switches the damn thing (I mean the stop-start system) off.
    Really.
    There's another button that reads "Auto Hold", which - provided that the user is not a retard, and can find and activate it - prevents the car from rolling backwards.
    Had a BMW prior to that Volkswagen, and mind you - you don't know anything about crappy cars, until you've owned a pre-owned US-made BMW.
    This BMW made me buy my first-ever new car (I always thought it was a waste of money since there are many pre-used vehicles in the aftermarket at just fraction of the price of a new one).

13. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

One more thing - the Start-Stop system is deactivated (or the motor restarted) either by:
    1. moving your foot off the brake (DSG version), or
    2. disengaging the clutch (stick shift version).
    (just for clarity of "how it works")

14. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

One can safely assume that when the light turns green, the driver (retard or not) will be taking their foot off the brake and hitting the gas a bit with the intention of accelerating. In the case that the car has a manual transmission, we can also safely assume that the driver will be in first gear and taking their foot off the clutch, and also hitting the gas a bit, again with the intention of accelerating. All cars work this way. If the start stop system isn't working properly, it would be nice to be able to just push a button and turn the fucking thing off. I tell ya, These German engineers, they're always one step ahead. same with the auto hold. pure genius. If the auto hold button doesn't work, you can always use the brake, lol.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  15. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

But that's exactly how it works (at least in my VW).
    The button is located in the central console, next to the gear selector/gear stick.
    I could hit it, without watching, already after the first week of driving that car (the whole start/stop feature is good for city driving, with one exception though - it pisses me off near roundabouts - there's a free "spot", I just have to stop to let the last vehicle pass, and... shit, the engine stopped again - that's how I learned where the button was, quickly)

16. looseleaf

Well... I, surprised that with all the gorillas around they didn't tell you that some banana and warm milk before sleeping will get you some better dreams... that or eating some really salty popcorn could do the trick. windows 8-anything is to be avoided! stick with Win7 pro or ultimate or go with win10.
    Yes indeed- I've never have and never will own a VW (except that time I had a 944 that i got [deleted]in.) Unless it's a hybrid, keep away from the stop/start cars! I remember that most of them have the turn off stop start option somewhere on the dash control. I've seen some cars that the option choices are on the display where the GPS/navigation map is.

Oh.. and if the banana with milk fails, brandy in the warm milk will work...

17. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

And if he's lactose intolerant that could also solve the issue with morning constipation.
    A real win-win scenario :D
    (provided that the "cure" will not trigger a premature "eruption")

18. looseleaf

Hahahaha !! Ah kurwa !!!! I didn't think of that !!! Very true frog! Just exchanging one problem for another !

19. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

It's not just a mere replacement.
    It's taking the issue to a new, higher level.
    Instead of the insomnia-related "will I sleep or will I not" you get the "will I shit before I wake up, or only after that" issue.
    The former is just a mere philosophical issue, a binary one.
    The latter a question of existential significance, with a whole range of potential outcomes.