Plague!

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by -frog-, Mar 13, 2020.

1. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Somtimes it can be satisfying to see defeated, deflated, broke Old Cigarette Hunters who used to be spoiled rich brats and are now smashed-to-pieces.
    I always was [or appeared...]smashed to pieces, and now? Things can only get better for me!

2. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Fuck I smell rotten meat in my apartment.
    There was a mouse sneaking around at night I knew it was in here so I went on the attack and set death-traps for the little bastard and I’m pretty sure I killed a little fucker but now I have to find it so I can throw it away.
    I have a dehumidifier so that thing won’t stink for long it’ll dry up in a day or two......
    I think it is time to start looking for a more modern housing that is pest resistant.....
    I have been infested by four different species of pests now..........

3. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

The housing I live in is sort of like khrushchev apartments....

4. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Oh fuck yeah where I live it looks just like the stuff in the YouTube film.
    The only pretty girls seen around here are someone’s grandchildren.....

5. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

That was the wrong filmed show I apologize however she is so pretty.
    Around here there’s no oil wells however there is 1,000,000 km² of forest those kind of apartments are hidden in the mountains....

6. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

In my city there are buildings just like that. I mean exactly the same project, which was used in many of the communist block countries. The building I grew in was similar, but a bit more comfortable.
    They knocked down neighborhoods with old valuable architecture and also areas with houses made of adobe bricks, in order to build the monstrosities.

The adobe houses are absolutely fantastic, it's a great material. I own an old house like that and I'm planning to repair it.They can require some more serious repairing after some tens of years, like rebuilding a wall or repairing part of the foundation, but they were also very cheap to build. And they can be made to be very comfortable nowadays.

7. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

We went back from 250-300 to 500-600 cases a day.
    TV shows images of people crowding at local tourist attractions (both in the south, where we have mountains, and in the north, where we got the sea shore - Poland is that much fucked up, that it has to have mountains in the south, so that there's not enough snow there to ski during winter, and sea in the north, so the water is repulsively cold in the summer).

Nevertheless even I have had enough.
    Went to cycle yesterday, but instead of doing that alone, I went with a pack of my high school friends (met one of them for the first time in 23 years!).
    Apart from cycling we had a few brewskies on the lakeside, and generally a good time.

It was the second time that I went out somewhere since the outbreak (the other one was when my sister visited us in June - when we went to a pub, but sat outside then).

I miss it (going out).
    I really do.

8. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

A few summers ago I went to the Baltica in Sweden and Finland, in the most northern part of Bothnia Gulf. Man it was fucking cold, the water there. The local kids had no trouble with it, but I was already acclimatised to our southern summer ( we live one step in the subtropical, from the continental temperate - another fucker with hot summers).
    My son wore a wetsuit there and generally preferred to sit in the kayak.

9. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

The biggest advantage of EU and the Schengen area in particular is that you don't have to (provided there's no pandemic around) settle for worse.
    All you need is your ID card, car and debit card.
    No need to go through customs checks (I still remember them well from my youth), no need to carry your clumsy passport, acquire (collect) visas.
    Morning in Lublin, south-east Poland, evening in west Germany/Netherlands/France, Czech Republic, Croatia, Northern Italy... you name it.
    Bureau de Change?
    Forget it - you can use just any ATM and withdraw local cash directly from your bank account, and if it's (the account) denominated in the currency you're withdrawing - there's not even a charge for that.
    Your phone plan and soaring roaming bills?
    Forget it. You can use your phone as if you were still at home, no need to do anything.
    Even the international calls are dirt cheap.
    Car insurance? (I still remember that you once had to buy quite an expensive "green card" insurance to travel abroad) - all covered by you national insurance.
    Health insurance? - EHIC is the word.
    Did I mention that airline tickets are also cheap?

We're living in a space of enormous possibilities.

vasco likes this.
  10. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Vasco and froggy:
    Interesting enlightening.
    This Internet/Web is in many ways a uniter of people.
    It is excellent learning about people and places that are not here.
    Where I live it rains a lot.
    Winter and spring it rains a lot.
    Autumn it rains a lot.
    In the summer the forests start on fire and we cannot see or breathe for three months per year and we hope and pray for rain so that the air will clear up and the fires might go out.
    Some ways it is pleasant and convenient living next door to the evil Empire.
    And other ways it is terrifying.
    The Yanks have only invaded Canada three times.
    Lately the place has become infected and many Yanks are sneaking around and trying to get here and hide in the forests.
    I fear what could happen if the Yanks don’t collect a brain because they are dangerous and aggressive and always look toward Canada as their refuge.
    I don’t mind their tourism when there is no plague.
    I fear terribly theier military Rampant stupidity and collective insanity.
    By the way it is @35° C Outdoors right now at 3 o’clock in the morning......
    I don’t know what the humidity is I have not checked using a weather app.
    Very uncomfortable bein quarantined, stuck indoors for 23 hours a day and only going out to the grocery store or the liquor store.... I went indoors at Christmas and I’m still indoors it is almost August.
    Is hot and humid and much of the world is going insane and may get much worse
    PEACE, BROTHERS!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    vasco likes this.
  11. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Ask the Spanish guys how they feel about German and British "tourism" and they'll tell you exactly the same story (of collectively insane savages infecting their land).
    It's not about being American, German or British... it has more to do with being collectively insane, with the most basic herd instincts, fuelled by hectolitres of booze and tons of less legal substances.

12. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

I'm very amused by this. To me, from afar, it's like reading about two very close cousins, a mad one and a quiet one, sometimes pissed at each other.

Indeed some of today's tourists are mad, but it's quite an improvement since the crusaders.

I feel the same.
    Peace, Biles!

13. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

CCP: Think And Learn. OR don't, you have been so content in your inner kingdom, just ignore the rest of the world..... Well, you asked for it!!!!
    Make a leadership change or else Gaijin is going to force it!
    It is going be difficult, it might even end civilisation.
    Enough of the CCP's bulshit.
    Amputating an arm or a leg is very difficult and dangerous, but we, The People Of Earth all of us know what needs to be done.

End the CCP.. SIMPLE [doesn't mean easy and never did]
    I understand that there is coming, a third wave. In My Land we have net yet entered the second wave yet.....
    We know what to do, it will be violent, not any fun at all, it may end civilisation.
    It will be no cure.
    Just The End.
    This has all happened before

Wiki or just read about it:
    Sacsayhuam
    And it's companion ruins, everywhere on the plant, and under the sea too!!!!!
    This has all happened before.

14. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

CCP, the ball is in your court

15. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

FUCK. I need a smoke and even another coffee. I hope in ten years I will still be able have a smoke, driver a car, to use the web, and running water, woven fabrics....
    CCP has unleashed a tiger.
    Is that a Paper Tiger???
    I hope so!!!
    CCP, shut up and get in line.

16. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

we have it vertical! :)

[​IMG]

17. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I gotta go have a smoke!

18. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

And?
    What's up?
    It's September already, kids went back to schools (they've locked them down back in March here, when we had 20 cases a day, to reopen them in September, with 700 cases a day - fuck logic, who needs it anyway?)
    I've heard Romania is pretty fucked up by now (over 1500 cases a day in a country with roughly half the population of Poland), so I wonder how's vasco doing?

Poland will join Spain and Romania soon.
    I've started this thread with a video of exemplary attitude of Poles, deserted streets, a ghost city.
    That's no longer the case.
    A lot of people don't wear masks in stores/on buses/etc. There are even Facebook groups for those who flash-mob the "covidians" (as they call the sane part of population) with their group visits to stores.

19. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

Wife's sister got a covid (IgM 4x, IgG 10x) during visiting Crimea. My wife was near her for a month, without masks etc. The same time wife got a kind of flu (+37.5C, cough, nose off). When she returned home, next day i got the same kind of flu: +37.8C, cough, nose off.
    But PCR for both me and wife showed nothing.
    But wife's sister blood analysis and CT approved light form of COVID-19 ...
    What was that?

20. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Hi, mcgru! Sorry to hear that, all the best to you!

I think that, if any virosis could be transmitted now, it's most likely that one is the covid 19, because it's high prevalence in the population right now.

I have a distant relative who died of covid, an 84 year man. His wife is sick.
    Normally I would have gone to the burial, but only the close family was present. That's the law here in these cases.

Yes, it is.
    But still not everyone acts like there's a high danger.
    Some people seem very happy about sending their kids back to school, i guess everyone's tired.
    It's something I figured in the past months, that some people's resistance, to being impressed by the death and the pain around them, will increase. I wonder if it's not the same in more dramatic situations, like wars. That's a scary thought.

Moldova's chief of public health agency was sacked after his comment that the covid got us rid of those sick and old, who were a burden to their families anyway.
    I guess no politician in Romania would be so naive in thinking they could get away with such a comment, one can only admire the candour in moldavian politics.

So, the school is starting on monday. Yay! Put your trench coats and your backpacks on. Put your helmet on, Johnny. Mary, keep your rifle with the pointy stick up. That's it. Now wait for the whistle.
    The government had 6 months to prepare for the online courses and they did nothing. That's fucking scary.
    That's the government who climbed up on people's revolt to the corruption of the previous govt.
    And there are local elections in two weeks. The govt is probably taking a gamble, keeping schools open until the elections take place, in order not to give any reasons to postpone them, because they are having a good moment. They gave the school principals the "power" to decide if they have regular, physical presence classes or mixed ones - half the class present, the other half online, changing every two weeks.

Fortunately our school opted for the mixed system, although the guidelines didn't impose that. Maybe the fact that our schools are overcrowded mattered most.
    And having weaker laws has it's own advantages sometimes. Because one can escape absurd situations by appealing to humanity. We knew the school managers had no instructions from the govt, until very late (because of govt's incompetence). And I called our school and told them we are opting for the online only formula, because of my son's asthma. Other parents did the same, everywhere in the city. So all the school managers in my city had this mindset, that they should get ready for online school, even if they weren't required to, by the govt. So it was exclusively the teachers' merit, that the humane solution was provided.
    So my son will have online school exclusively and so will some of his classmates. It will be difficult and he'll miss his friends.

Now the media and mostly the state one makes me sick with what they think as encouraging messages. One that I heard today was from a psychologist on the radio saying that I know it's hard, but we must accept the risk of death, because accepting death means accepting life. Fuck off lady, go start a cult.

That's fantastic!
    What kind of people are those?
    I think the white collar here are generally more used to the precautions by now. Many work from home. The blue collar are just victims. Their esprit de corps, sometimes more than the work requirements, make them dump protection. I mean, when sitting together, during a work break, none of them wears a mask and they keep very close to one another.
    They shake hands and everything.

Anyway, quoting from past wisdom...
    How's the school there?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020