Ukraine

Discussion in 'Warbirds General Discussion' started by vasco, Feb 21, 2022.

1. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Indeed. In a gangstery shade.
    Wondering when they'll turn at each other.

2. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

It's not gangsta style!
    It's typical Russian imperialism.
    The allmighty Tsar has summoned his Boyars to come to war with their private armies.

That's ruSScist to the bone, and not "gangsta" style.

3. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Old imperial glory, it's so enjoyable.

4. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I guess it won't be 3 or 4 months before we see first "Western" jets in the Ukrainian Air Force.
    Even if Ukrainian land forces fail to retake what's Ukrainian till then, this may prove a real "game changer".

But if the Ukrainians will be able to continue pushing some more, these new jets will only arrive after Russia's unconditional surrender.

5. -Shai-

-Shai- Well-Known Member

вы, два мудака, когда друг другу дрочите, по очереди или одновременно любите?

6. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

No.
    We are not gay, or closet-gay - like you or mcgru.
    Still - if I ever meet Vasco I'd convince him to drop his non-drinking habit for a day or so :cheers:.
    As far jerking off is considered - it is said to aid your prostate gland (prostate cancer prevention) so feel free to look at rgreat's photo and "let it go".
    It will serve your health well.
    Russia suffers from premature death of its male population for a long time now (not to mention the impact the most recent events will have on it) - save the Russian malehood, jerk off to your pal's photograph!

7. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

:cheers:

Soon I'll start distilling wild mirabelle plums to make "ţuică", a kind of brandy.
    I don't drink, but I've got them in my yard so it's a pity to just let all of them rot.

Saw a lot of wild mirabelle trees in the images in Ukraine, btw.

8. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

Interesting, there is a disscussion about using nukes on Ukraine.

Since february I saw quite a lot of flaws in RF army. 3-day special operation plan, sinking Moscow, retreat from Kiev, heavy losses and recently Kharkov defead.
    From my point of view Russian command is quite incompetent and when I'm watching these donkeys talking about possible nuclear attack I'm little bit worried...

Nuclear arsenal is not a toys for stupid children nor incompetent commanders. I'm still lacking the idea "If we attack with nuclear weapons, what Ukraine will responds?"
    Because there are quite lot possibilities how ukraine could retaliate and me and the west will applaoud them loudy.
    A few dirty bombs, smuggled to Moscow city, blowing up some russian nuclear powerplant, hijacking nuclear weapons in RF, chemical and biological attacks... there are a plenty of ways how to "pay back" russian favor.

9. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Commentators in the West say that NATO might get directly involved in such an event.
    Until now, the American and NATO strategy regarding warmongering dictators was ambiguity - and it seemed to work greatly: they let the warning slip without overtly saying it.
    For example, Biden's clearly verbalised commitment to defend Taiwan in the event of a Chinese invasion was a deviation from this strategy. Until now the Chinese only assumed the US might get involved without anyone clearly saying it.

So even if our guys don't clearly threaten Putin, he and the russian army command take it into account.
    In the event that Putin pushes to nuclear strikes, hopefully the others will oppose such measures. I think Putin is a bit afraid to take such a decision, knowing that the army command might oppose it, along with some of his own acolites, because an overt opposition would lead to his fall.
    He's very afraid of his own.

10. hugo baskervill

I think nuclear threat must be clearly declared to make an effect. Otherwise someone could think there Will be no response And IMHO it Is dangerous state od uncertainity.

11. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the kind of nuclear threat and the target.
    The russian - and former soviet - military doctrine is that a nuclear strike is conducted only if the russian territory is attacked.
    USA doctrine lacks this conditioning - so there's a very disturbing ambiguity for a possible enemy. Will they strike if someone sinks one of their ships? Nobody knows. That's what makes it especially risky.
    When you don't have certainties about what they'll do, you can't plan against them.

Of course, when Putin had Trump at the White House, everything was allowed. :D

12. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

13. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

A very tough question.

14. hugo baskervill

I will explain:
    1) Recruit new soldiers from occupied teritory
    2) Give them outdated weapons and almost no equipment
    3) Let them die by hands of Ukranian army
    4) Now all their relatives will hate UA, because their father/brother/son was killed
    5) Enjoy the war between ukranians.

True story bro, happend in Dinetsk and Luhansk since 2014 ;)

15. hugo baskervill

Russia = wonderland
    The only country, where yesterday You could be detained by cops for calling war the war. But today, You could be detained by cops for not joining the war :D

And Russians still don't know why russia seems ridiculous to us :D

16. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I wonder how many of our Russian friends here will get drafted.
    Got a friend, who's 6 years older than I am (that is he's 49 now), but he's a mechanical engineer, and a trained military engineer (served in the military after completing his course of study).
    He was just served a military drill order - he's to report to his unit for a 3-week training.
    It's not that this does not happen - all those who served as conscripts can be called for training from time to time.
    But until now they almost never bothered people older than 40.

17. hugo baskervill

If Rgreat get drafted I will join the opposite force :D

vasco likes this.
  18. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I guess they will limit the draft to these areas of Russia, which still remain in the dark ages, so as to limit the social unrest in the capital, St. Petersburg and other larger cities - which will be great news for Moscow, but a bit worse ones for Buriatia for example.

This will mean that they'll throw some more meat in the Ukrainian meat grinder... and steal some more toilets and refrigerators.

I see no other possible outcome of draft.
    It's too little, too late to make a diference.
    Ukraine has a trained army of 700 thousand now.

The West should scale up arms deliveries to Ukraine in response to that draft, so that Russians remain outclassed both numerically and in terms of equipment.

It's about time to deliver more tanks, and even more so, new aircraft to Ukraine.

19. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

After the announcement of the mobilisation, all the flights out of Russia to countries not demanding visas were booked. :D
    Maybe that's what Putin meant by mobilisation?

hugo baskervill likes this.
  20. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

rgreat would fly one of those uber Pe-2 :D