Ukraine

Discussion in 'Warbirds General Discussion' started by vasco, Feb 21, 2022.

1. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

I guess the Russians will someday call this the Great Unpatriotic War:

2. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Which, when directed at children of another ethnic group or nation, with the aim of changing their ethnic or national identity, thus depriving that group of its offspring, falls under the definition of genocide.

hugo baskervill likes this.
  3. OldUncles

OldUncles Well-Known Member

Welcome to war. To be clear, and I'm being neutral when I say this, but war is bad. Stop war. Innocents will always be killed incidentally. The goal is to stop the war. Smarter folks should ignore arguments about the origins, and concentrate on the goal of ending the war. I wish my country would stop contributing to the daily slaughter of hundreds -- if not thousands -- of combatants, but what do I know about Democracy?

4. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Geez, are you trying to water it down, or you gust didn't follow the discussion? It's about the deportation of Ukrainian children, some of them snatched from their parents, by the ruSSian authorities, in an organised scheme.

This smells like facade pacifism.

No, I don't think you should stop war at any cost. Not at the cost of giving in to a invading dictatorship. That's losing both the present and the future. If the Ukrainians think it's better to sacrifice their present for their future, and they seem to do, then that's the way to go.

Ever read this?

It's Mannerheim memoirs, in case the link doesn't show.
    I did, some 20 years ago. Check it out, really. You'll find out that negotiations and agreements meant nothing to russia, the same as now. Just a means to buy some time. Nothing's changed. No matter if instancing as tsarist, communist or the current fascist ideology, there's one constant - the russian imperialism.

5. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Mannerheim is a traitor himself.

6. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Is this according to Russia Today?

7. OldUncles

Mannerheim was allied with the Germans when it benefitted Finnish interests, but the Finns "switched sides" when the tide of war turned in favor of the Soviets, if I recall correctly. I admit that I'm not an expert on Mannerheim. I do know that Finland got along quite well with Germany until after 1943/44. So Mannerheim was an eminently practical guy, perhaps. It's amazing how many countries changed loyalties depending on the fortunes of war.

8. OldUncles

That didn't work out so well for my Prussian family. Not at all, but that's life and I understand the terrible, grinding wheels of history that are most often beyond our control.

Tilting at windmills is admirable but not advisable.

9. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Mannerheim served in Russian Empire army for 30 years. Became general, then, after revolution, defected and later waged war against Russia/USSR, siding with Germans, he fight against in WW1, and committing numerous atrocities and war crimes against Russians.

For example he ordered mass killing of prisoners and unarmed civilians, including orthodox priests.
    [​IMG]
    He organized ethnic cleansings. Give our order for creation of concentration camps for Russians civilians and prisoners, where more then 20 thousands of people died from overwork, starvation and illness.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
  10. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

@rgreat
    Well, my post was about russians breaking agreements whenever profitable. In return, you want to discredit Mannerheim. Fucking holy war you've got.

Still, as a pastime:
    https://yle.fi/a/3-11315786

11. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

What about your "Prussian family"?
    It's still not clear to me when our family emigrated.

12. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

Soooo, how the Special Operation is going?

We are almost all dead here by hunger and cold temperature when the lack of resources from Russia stoped our economy :D

Well, how do You think it will end up? Putin's death? Some revisionist arise after him to settle peace? Nuclear war? Or anybody still believe in military victory over Ukraine?

13. Пиллот

Пиллот Well-Known Member

1 - по плану
    2 - почти не считается
    3 - смотри пункт - 1
    :)

zdes, hugo baskervill and rgreat like this.
  14. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Ad. 1 - so you've taken Kyiv in 72 hours, with minimal losses, and ended the "special military operation" on February 26th, 2022?
    Ad. 2 - the thing is Hugo was sarcastic. We do not suffer. Not at all.
    Ad. 3 - since we already agreed that the plan was to take Kyiv in 72 hours, Putin is now holding a victory parade there, and not hiding (much like Hitler) in his bunker?

15. hugo baskervill

And what is/was the plan? I know it might be the military secret, but maybe we have same plans for special operation as You? Maybe we could help Russia to fulfit its plans :D

I will start, because its not a secret at all. Our plan is to bleed russian army to death and preventing spread of war in the future. Eliminating Russia as a leading global power and spread NATO borders more east :D
    It seems that the special operation is running acording to our plan as well. We are grateful that Russian administration is helping us a lot :D I think there is no reason to be the "enemies" anymore when we all have the same goal :D

16. hugo baskervill

Certainly without any doubts, the pen is the least expensive thing the president stole during his active career :)

17. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

4. Star wars.

18. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Attack of the Clowns.

hugo baskervill likes this.
  19. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

That's already happening.

20. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer