Mouse Control Bug

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by dl1105, Nov 12, 2005.

1. dl1105

dl1105 Member

In FH 1.65, the mouse control system doesn't work properly in some cases. Now, don't tell me to go buy a joystick, because I'm not. I prefer flying with mouse. Sometimes, when I'm flying a certain plane and am far enough from my field, the mouse works perfectly on the next sortie. But if I get shot down, or for any other reason, destroyed, close to my field, on my next sortie, no matter how much I move the mouse, the plane is stuck there. Can you please fix this bug. I love this game but it's a pain always having to close and reload the game. Oh, and by the way, does anyone ever read these threads?

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

3. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

I once had something like that when I had no internet and was flying offline. For first 1 minute game was running good, then mouse position was frozen and plane was rolling/pitching constantly in that direction. Only game restart helped, but only for 1 minute.

Reason was in software, LANCzat, polish version of LANChat communicator through LAN. This software also was corresponding with other game too but I don't remember name. Try shutdown some applications in task manager, maybe that can help.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

1. If you have some software, which use "extra" mouse keys, please close it before running WB. Also you can test you "extra" keys and/or scroll in WB menu (selecting plane, etc) to be sure mouse driver/software working properly.
    2. Same bug is occured if you are using some incompatible with WB software. Yes, there are some programs and you should try search for it, as "laxtsc" had written before. But usually this software "froze" you plane in ~10sec after start.
    3. Also you should know, that WB doesn't like any winkeys (start key, etc) or windows system keys combinations (alt-tab, ctrl-esc, etc). E.g. I am unable continue my flight if I suddenly had pressed ctrl-esc or so, because my mouse is blocked.

5. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

I never read these threads, but i type in the sometimes

6. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

same with thinking and talking eh :p

7. dl1105

dl1105 Member

It worked fine with FH 1.64R2, and I didn't add new hardware or software, so it shouldn't be my PC's problem.

8. dl1105

dl1105 Member

is this forum dead or something? no one's replying! anyways, my problem is still unsolved. read my previous post

9. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Maybe it's better to get the 'mouse joy' software.
    Or try and find WHAT is causing the freezes and such.

ANyway.
    Good luck.

10. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

Are you in 2D or 3D ?