U.S. anti-missile station in Czech Republic / Poland

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by fatale, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Hiya, Vasco :) You know what's really funny? After the US invaded Iraq and disbanded the Iraqi Army, US needed to build a new army from...well, from the start. When it came to giving them weapons, they didn't want US mil stuff like M-16s, but AKs, which is a predictable choice considering their history and training, etc. So the US bought AKs from Eastern European industry, I think Romania gave the Iraqi Army ~6000 AKs, as a gift! ;)

It's very surreal. Imagine, do we need to send more AKs into Iraq? Even some American soldiers use them, unofficially, in action now.

Every home in Iraq is allowed to keep one weapon, for personal protection, so they keep AKs, hehe. If only we could do that in America! I want a fully automatic version, but they're mostly illegal here.

And many European countries help or helped a lot behind the scenes. Officially they cannot admit to helping the US with things like intelligence sharing, or those "renditions," or pulling suspected terrorists off the streets and sending them off for interrogation, or allowing flights with those guys to transit through, because the population would be very angry, as they are about missiles, etc.

It's all public information now, because civilians wrote books about it.

Crazy times. As is known now to all, much of the "intelligence" that the Bush administration provided as evidence for attacking Iraq was wrong, because the administration and agency higher-ups didn't listen when honest operatives raised questions about the validity of reports that Saddam had legitimate weapons labs and was near to obtaining real nuclear weapons.

One of the main sources of false information was an Iraqi living in Germany, who made many claims. He said Saddam was doing all kinds of stuff -- to the Germans. The Americans never interrogated him, and very important American workers were told by German friends that the Iraqi source was not reliable.

When those important Americans say that they knew the claims were false, or could not be confirmed, I believe them. They are not politicians; their job is to know the truth and report it.

The government should listen to the experts objectively and make decisions accordingly, and not subjectively choose and disseminate information that suits whatever policy it is they want to push at the moment.

Err, sorry for that ranting :)

2. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

it's not AK-47, Romania is producing the AKM-47 - meaning Modernised AK-47

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  3. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

It's FAR worse than that....

The Bush admin. had THREE reports on the situation in Iraq. ALL three were the same. NO Yellow cake purchases...NO WMD (other than the ones sold to Iraq by Rumsfeld for the war against Iran).

The Bush Admin (Cheney primarily as W. is really a mental midget, borderline legal moron...but that's another rant..sorry) went ahead and reported that there were WMD and yellow cake purchased by Iraq.
    Ambassador Wilson, who had furnished the third report confirming the first two at the request of the CIA and Bush Admin called the Bush Admin to ask them where they got the information that there were purchases.
    The Bush admin told Amb. Wilson not to worry that it was "another" report.
    The Bush admin then went to the press and stated that it was Amb. Wilson's report CONFIRMING WMD and yellow cake purchase.

Wilson told the Bush Admin to correct this story or he would go public.
    They did not and he did. Later someone in the Bush Admin. leaked that his wife was a deep cover opperative of the CIA.

It is quite simple and obvious. Bush Admin needed to destroy Iraq as to make all that windfall oil profit and war material profit and "rebuilding" of Iraq contracts that would come out of the war.
    Saddam had to go because he wanted/needed to sell LOTS of oil to repay Kuwait for the Iranian war loans Saddam had with Kuwait.
    Kuwait had increased the interest rate 20X thus sparking that war.

Next thing Saddam did was base oil on the Euro.
    American oil interests HAD to destroy him for those two reasons...ONLY.

Also Bush's old family friends the Saudi Royal family needed to keep Iraq in check and impoverished. The Iraqis are the other kind of Moslems so they must be controlled.
    America is fighting for Saudi family interests and American oil corporations profits. "Stability" in the region means "Control of the region".
    Nothing more.

4. --oleg

--oleg Well-Known Member

Rumors says Bush attacked Iraq because he know there are no WMD :D

2 people like this.
  5. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

6. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

7. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Kalashnikov is a superb weapon. whats the problem?
    u worried bout us sales too?

vasco, you still produce ak(m)? we had to close our military factories a few years ago because americans wanted us (and ak) out of the market competition.

8. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

no hugs!

Uncles, for you AK47 has always been the weapon of the enemy, commies or terrorists. But that's kinda US' problem, don't expect everyone to empathise with that. F ex my opinion is that Iraq's problem aint too many AK47, but too many M-16.

and if the idiots gave them for free, that aint funny to me, its my money. hug pls :(
    :D

grobar, as far as i know we are still producing it. but ive heard that they will change the caliber to the NATO 5,56 standard.

9. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

bulgarian army gives free tanks to anybody who can push them home ;) ;) ;)

10. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

11. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

Are U related to Putin? It appears you are treating Poland and Czech Republic on international forum with nuclear strikes. The problem is that this is a way of thinking of Russian leaders not just few narrow-minded individuals.

Poland will be much better in case of some global conflict, if all the heavy stuff goes over our heads unnoticed. The worse thing that can happen to us then is just conventional invasion. And we will live happily ever after under Russian occupation. This is of course best for us from YOUR point of view.

From my point of view it is much better to make shooting this heavy stuff much harder for anybody wanting to.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  12. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

USA does what it wants
    it wants missle in central europe, there they will be
    if it wants poland nuked, poland will be nuked & the guy at the top will say "good, just like i wanted"
    afterwards, maybe some expat poles will complain about it on the 'net

13. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

If nuclear war starts it may be better to be nuked in the first place, then die out of radiation or starvation. So it is probably better to do whatever possible to prevent it then just wonder if we get nuked first.

The only nation that was (but I do not know if it still is) prepared for global nuclear conflict were Swedes. They had probably enough shelters for whole population. They assumed that nukes will go over their heads over to UK or some other foreign places so they would have time to go underground. They probably had enough canned food stored to last for long enough so it is safe to come out.

14. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

Re: no hugs!

Is it gonne be a breech loader?

15. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

biles, i've just checked the net for more info on this, but couldn't find yet. i'll check more, i'm curious too about how the conversion will be done.

16. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

I want one of that rockets installed on my property. 545 USD/per day +extra for not pissing on launcher.

My suggestion of great urban camo for launcher:

[​IMG]

17. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Im in Brazil, BUT i dont feel safe here at all. Not because of the serious problems my country goes thru, but because i dont trust those fucking missiles. Who can guarantee that no missile will miss the target and hit my backyard? :eek:

London was first bombed by mistake...

18. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

now they hav too many canned food

like thos 'y2k' peeple

waht do you do wit 4 tonnes of sardines and corn per person?

19. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

65 years ago...

donate to people like you

20. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

give them to french to make perfumes

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.