You all tell (and are told) a lot of Bullshit

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by heartc, Mar 2, 2007.

1. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

OK. I've read in our totally neutral and unbiased news coverage here several times already that the evil Americans are desperately searching for evil conspirators to join their even more evil imperialist fight (in Iraq for example), and are willing to let join anybody who comes along. While they would try to drag them in by giving the evil promise of US citizenship to the poor bastards who would decide to join the fray. So I decided to investigate that promise and called the civil embassy of the US in Germany as well as the Armed Forces Europe public relations office on those issues.

Lo and behold, BULLSHIT.

You cannot just walk over the lines and be part of it. I got somewhat conflicting reports, one claiming you need to have "permanent resident" status. The other claiming you need to have at least a "green card". The latter one was more recent than my previous investigation on that matter and it took me by some surprise. Maybe it has been "eased", and now you need "just" a Green Card.
    In either case, our totally unbiased news coverage, claiming they take everyone they can get, is unfortunately total bullshit. I wished they didn't lie on at least THAT point, the fucking bitches.

I always had a leaning towards military service as a life-time job, but I decided it's not gonna be the German Armed Forces. Call me traitor, but what is a traitor? What is "my country"? Is my country where I was born, an occurance I had no choice in, or is "my country" the one which I can most identify with? "My country wrong, my country right, my country."? Or do I have a choice here by myself? Shouldn't I *have* to make a choice when I decide upon entering a job which would involve me *killing* other human beings? Shouldn't I be responsible here, based on my own decisions, not just where I was born into? Wasn't it the latter what went wrong in Germany 60 or so years ago?
    Weren't the US FOUNDED on people deciding to CHOOSE their country, not by birth but by belief?

In the end, I just couldn't invision myself to sit aside cleaning kitchens and crap holes claiming "We are participating" while US / UK / Canadian / Australian / Polish forces next to me would move out to INDEED bring doom upon the enemy. An enemy which I'm not even sure about if it is really an enemy in my government's view or rather an ally by proxy, because it is weakening the US and thereby strengthening the EU, and entity whose future I envision as "Soviet Union revisited". A megalomon run by bureaucrats, above and beyond people's head and power, while taxing them to death, justifying itself by throwing anyone who raises questions into the Gulag, or whatever it will be called by then. So the German Army is not for me.
    Germany is not for me.

But yep, it don't matter what I think. Because, unlike reported in our totally unbiased news coverage, the US unfortunately are NOT welcoming anybody into their realms of professional military service. It is an honor to serve in the US Armed Forces, and as of now I'm not entitled to it. May God bless those who are.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called Sons of God."
    - Matthew 5:9

S!

And yes, America IS a Peacemaker, you bitches. I just need to look out the window to recognize that. Or move out some 10 kilometers north, to Dachau, where there is now a nice, peacefull town, while there had formerly been something else. Something evil. Which I was not part of, but which is still part of me. Bitches, those of you who say all about America is just a fraud. You are fucked in the head, that's what you are.

heartc

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  2. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

IMO you should move to US ASAP.

And US armed forces are using recruiting patrols even in shopping malls, so IRL you should have no troubles getting into army there. Hell, Bush just made 20000 open positions in the army in last month. I'm sure you'll get one of those if you want to.

(I'm somewhat sorry for you for your lack of patriotism, but hey, patriotism hasn't been appreciated for some time now, so maybe I'm behind the time :) )

3. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Airfax, thanks for your response, but did you not realize what I said? As far as I understood, you CANNOT join the US Armed Forces just like that when you are not an US Citizen. As it is, you need to have at least a Green Card.

4. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Not sure what your point is.

"Green card" IS a permanent residence card. They haven't been green since the 1970s either. They are blue or at least last time I had one they were.

Yes, you must be at least a legal premanent resident of the USA before you can inlist in the military. Even then you cannot be an officer unless you are an American citizen.

Once you become part of the military, you are no longer allowed to decide who is the enemy. You take orders to destroy the enemy of your country.
    THEY tell you who the enemy is and when. So the enemy today may not be the enemy tomorrow. That's politics.

If you want to be a free thinker, or a thinker or just free, stay out of the military, ALL military.

If you don't want to join the Germany army, you can always join to French Foreign Leagion.

Or go to the German Army for a few years and with that experience you can get into all sorts of 3rd world militaries or mercenary wars going on.....
    think about it really well and good luck.

5. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

I did read what you wrote. I just think that every rule can be bended to some limit. If you need a citizenship to join USarmy, get one. Marry some really terrible looking (but wealthy if possible) US woman and bang, you're citizen.

(Remember to get a divorce as soon as possible!)

Have you applied the green card? Go to US embassy, ask around and maybe there's someone who can do something about your situation. Bureaucrats needs visitors too. Otherwise they get lonely and bitter.

OTOH if you're only looking for killing and maybe raping to some extend, La Legion is your quickest choice. Great way to learn new languages (well, truthfully speakin only french) but hey, it's a start. One gets to guard rockets
    in French Guyana or liberate locals from their cigarettes in Tsad. Good times coming!

Go to US embassy. What's there to lose?

6. looseleaf

Nice try but the marriage deal will no longer work. Now with the Homland Security laws in effect. Any residency via marriage will be examined in great detail and you will need to wait on the order of years. Also if they think that your "marriage" is for the purpose of getting into the US, you are blacklisted forever if not going to go to jail.

Forget about it.

You are German and you can live anywhere in the EU.

Even if you find some US tourist student and get married to trade residency it takes almost two years before they will approve such a deal.

Accept and be glad who you are and where you are.

7. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

politics arguments on the 'net is for assholes
    hello assholes

1 person likes this.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

Hey. Come to Canada. I am not being sarcastic.
    We are like Yankees but without a lot of shock and awe.
    Some Yankees believe we are just like them except we are boring.
    And, in my town [which is somewhat typical] you have to go to page 30 of the newspaper before you find stuff about other places, like other towns and cities and countries.
    Couple weeks back all the flags at police stations and firehalls were at half staff. And I never did learn why. And I tried. I asked people, I looked in three national newspapers and a slew of the 'free' tabloids handed out at trains staions. Nothing. Still haven't found out who died.
    Let me get this straight:
    Flags are lowered when someone important dies.
    Maybe someone did, but on page one of the newspaper, on the day I saw all the flags like that, was a half page article about a missing cat and part of an article about some hockey player who fucked some chick and didn't thank her, so now she wants all his property.
    Come here, Heartc. We have an army also and it is full of animals. Should be plenty of fun if you like that sort of thing. Canadian armed forces is portrayed as some sort of equal opportunity modern feelgood organization. That is bullshit. They are animals.
    So if you want, you should maybe check out our embassy. They may not wish you in the army, but all you have to do is speak with a Deutshces lilt and someone will stick you into a machine shop and give you 30 bucks an hour and not even ask if you are a machinist.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  9. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

lookie

10. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

"America is peacemaker" laughing out loud

11. Eddiev

Eddiev Well-Known Member

Yes, America IS a Peacemaker, your fucking bastard.
    I Love Badwords :D

12. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

it's NOT

13. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

it IS

14. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

no, it's NOT

15. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

16. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

fu, flamer

17. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh POST WHORE

18. looseleaf

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

....... as opposed to PRE WHORE...????

19. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

@heartc : do not tell the officials that you're marrying the swamp monster for just to get citizenship. Remember that you're "terribly in love and wish to share your life with it...err her..."
    :D

20. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

It is a different world. You will find that the US (though still the forerunner of peace), tends to have lost its sense of humor about most things.

Trying to relate to today's crowd on the evils of yesterday, and the US efforts in bringing freedom to places is like the Biblical passage of throwing pearls before swine. They can't understand it because they have never had to endure any of it. All you can do is grin, because in time they will endure it through their own ignorance. History does repeat itself.

I often find it sadly amusing that those who do gain their freedom expect instant gratification, and then blame the US when it doesn't happen. Unfortunately they are too lazy or under-educated to pick up a history book. The US had to endure a couple of centuries of severe hardship to get to where it is at, including one very bloody civil war. Freedom isn't free, nor is it cheap to hold onto.

Equally I love the misguided who come here thinking that everything will be easier; No. You have to work hard for it, the only thing you are guaranteed is that it is obtainable, but you don't get it without a lot of sweat, and once you get it you have to sweat more to keep it. In a very real sense, you want something (earn it).

The petty jealousy of other countries over what the US has managed to obtain; all the while thumbing their noses, and burning articles in effigy, never once gathering to themselves the start of clue as to what they have obtained. The old saying "don't cuss them while your mouth is full" comes readily to mind.

Last time I was in the Eu, I ask many people "why do you hate the US", and not one could come up with a decent, educated answer. Is Europe free? Is the Pacific Rim free? Do you hear the jackboots of Nazi or Tojo troops coming to your house? Is the Mad Haji bomber running loose in your streets?
    No, well, I guess the US are bad people for having stopped them.

Just a reminder.
    When you turn everything to shit again, you know who to call to help you clean it up, and then feed/cloth you while you pull yourself back out of the ashes.

Make sure you don't cuss too loudly with your mouth full.