Pe-2 .... a liiiiiiittle bit too fast maybe (notice the 'maybe')?

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by Red Ant, Feb 16, 2007.

1. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Re: Pe-2 .... a liiiiiiittle bit too fast (notice the removal of 'maybe' from title)?

another pe-3 bug

dove pe-3 (load 4x100 + rox) from 6600m and leveled at 4700m with the speed of 700TAS, but the plane kept accelerating to 1100 TAS. i pulled up in order not to break because of speed, then found myself at 8500m

the track is edited, so it's short

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  2. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

you didn't do that, you didn't see that

*exec comes in, shoots vasco in the head, takes all the recordings and leaves*

3. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Re: Pe-2 .... a liiiiiiittle bit too fast (notice the removal of 'maybe' from title)?

WOW! ... just WOW! :dura:

4. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Next time it's Me262 season I might just get me a Pe-3 and then we'll see if those pesky kraut jets can still outrun me.

5. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

damn, i'm not a good testing pilot.. could've broke Mach 2, but i chickened out :/

6. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

Looks like Pe2 has supercruise ability.

7. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Spuint,

>id like to know who paid for the research

The black line is Pe-2 speed data from the Tsagi charts. (There are like 20 or more charts from a big Tsagi book on WW2 performance. The graphs aren't all perfectly comparable, but very interesting nevertheless. They have been around on the internet for a number of years.)

The blue line is my calculation based on the M-105P engine power chart. I have adjusted the drag data for the Pe-2 so that the calculation achieves a very good fit with the historic data.

The yellow line is a calculation based on the engine power curve for the M-105PF engine. We had no historic data for this subvariant, but given the good fit of the above graphs, I'm confident that the curve is very reasonable.

Both of Red Ant's test result for sea level speed for 100% fuel, WEP, are within +/-5 km/h of the calculated figures. I'm not quite sure of the load status for my calculation, I have noted the flying weight as 8500 kg - one would have to check if this is with bombs or without.

For a thorough test of Pe-2 performance, one would also have to check some data points at higher altitudes as in Warbirds, for example 3.5 km and 5 km (the two altitudes of best speeds for the two types respectively).

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

8. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cheers: