R.I.P. Mr Yeltsin

Тема в разделе "Warbirds International", создана пользователем bizerk, 27 апр 2007.

1. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Just curious on everyones views of Boris Yeltsin, especially Russian and former USSR opinions. I was wondering if anyone would make a mention of his passing here at FH, but was surprised to see nothing. In my opinion I think he helped guide my Russian friends and ex-Soviet states to a better time though with the expected bumps in the road when changing in such a drastic manner. I'm not so sure if Yeltsin should have been the one or perhaps Gorbachev would have done a better job. In any event I would like to know your fellings on this matter. Looking back on things were, and how things are currently and what improved and what didn't.

Again R.I.P. Boris

<S> all

bullet

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Bullet, I don't think he's very popular with the Russians.

3. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

4. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

glad he is dead, moar booze for me

5. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Ah still no freedom of actual speech I see. No remark from the actual citizens. Or are you/they actually citizens? ZH , pavlik, detka, bf, aike, rgreat, and many others. Surely you have something to say or is thier an invisible iron curtain yet?? Oh well <S> anyway

bullet

6. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

lol
    i think they just dont care about replying, that's all

:D

<S> anyway

7. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

vasco ,u missed the point ,get lost.

8. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

lol, u did
    i wasnt even talkin to u, dork
    fuck off

Последнее редактирование: 30 апр 2007
  9. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

and btw, one can deal with ur crusade against the devs, although u should stfu with ur insults, coz they owe nothing to u

but taking this against the russians altogether simply sux

10. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Yeah, especially that Chernobyl is in Ukraine.

11. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

12. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Insults? against russians? crusade? :zzz:

-take care

13. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

its the curtain
    must be
    <S>

14. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

punchline

15. zh

zh Well-Known Member

Bullet, "tell good things about deadman or nothing" here we say :)
    If not to do like it was said before...
    I voted to him. NOw i think i wasnt right. But at that moment i wanted changes. Time gone and now we see that "freedom" we got cost us unbelievable high price.
    Only now we are rising from this shit.
    People have lost their money earned by many years, they got nothing from privatization(Hodorkovskiy,Chubais and others who were close to Yeltcin got all), our army became bullshit, all that can be stoled was stoled, we have lost hope of better times. Everage man's life became 57 years...
    Russia population decrease 1 million per year...
    Democracy we got was equal to Iraq's one: death, diseases, no hope. Not only USSR was ruined by Yeltcin - Russia too ...but we got internet and other freedoms ;) BTW, west is talking about us that we are losing our freedoms. Putin is Russia's leader for last 7 years and more or less good internet we got only 5-6 years ago. This time DSL connection in big cities (not only in Moscow region) is usual thing. All i can say is now things go better. And one more thing: i hate revotions - democratic or communist ...all of them.

16. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Looked what's happening in Estonia nowdays? Need just one statue moved to other place in Estonia and here we go ,Estonian embassy surrounded in Moscow,a major internet attack towards Estonia, to shutdown all goverments services.Estonia now in NATO and EU....WW3 need prolly even less phenomena to ignite.

-peace!

PS.I heard that 99.9% of belongings / proterty went to hands of less than 1% of Russian citizens after 'privatization'... I hope that's not true.

17. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Последнее редактирование: 2 май 2007
  18. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

zh, I wouldn't blame all these things on the switch to democracy (or at least a form of state that is closer to democracy than any previous implementations of communism were). I'm obviously not an expert on Russian affairs but I think by the early 1980s, the leadership of the Soviet Union had irrecoverably run their country into the ground, meaning no matter who would be entasked with leading the nation to a brighter future, it would definitely be a huge struggle with many setbacks. Even God himself would have spent many nights crying himself to sleep over trying to sort out the mess that was once the USSR. Sure, Yeltsin's misdecisions and his alcoholism didn't exactly help the process, but IMHO the current state of Russia is not only his fault. Even if he had done everything right, Russia would still have a long way to go to sort herself out.

19. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

SpasiboThank you ZH. I know before yeltsin you had no public/internet. Would you have been able to post a response like this in the open for all to see? Or would you have been shunned/repressed or made to pay for your actions? Having free speech and being able to say what ever you want is a good thing. When Mr Gorbachev knocked down the wall, I thought he should have remained the one to stay in power. But the people wanted thier hands cleanfor the old regime and to start fresh. But looking back it was a mistake because change to fast (in this case) was not a good thing atleast for Russia. I wonder how the other Countries that were released/freed from Russia how they fared? Intially and currently.

On revolution, well it has its good points and bad points. In the beggining stages it will probably be painful (beginning stages can be many years). But in the long run it can mean good things for all, especially the children which are after all the future. <S> my friend. I do hope all in the long run turns out better for you and your fellow Countrymen.

bullet

Any others view on this subject?

20. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member