Team Killers!!!

Discussion in 'TabaHost General Discussion' started by skycpt, May 12, 2007.

1. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Currently Tabahost is being used unwittingly as a test arena. This is because the FH test/training arena has been down for months. When when I bring people over to Tabahost, a lot of them have a TK status. They have the status because they didnt know about how the Tabahost server works. Or the person who brought them over the first time didn't care enough to tell them.

Is there any way to disable the TK feature so that people can use this wonderful server?

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

actually TH was intended as opposite force fight.
    so the thing sounds more logical to me is to clear TK status from folks.
    eh?

3. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

In absense of franz-, I´ll check if it is possible to disable TK status... at least in a test period.
    30 days, lets say...
    Skycpt, can you please check if it works and send me a brief report?
    Tkx in advance,
    Paulo

4. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Thanks Vibora. I will let you know.

Since disable is not a long term solution, please at least consider clearing the slate every so often. Everyone has asked me how long the TK stays on their nick or what they need to do to get rid of it. And I don't have a good answer for them.

Thanks again.

5. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Exec, not sure if I understand correctly. You mean that FH server would be somehow linked to TH server and have TOD's? For example gold would log onto FH and red would log onto TH?

Sounds very interesting if not quite challenging from a technical point of view.

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

skycpt, it's you who asked to turn off TK scoring.
    from this i understand that all your band logs in for the same colour.
    so i answered that TH was intended as arena for combat of _different_ colours.

7. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

I personnally like the TK status. But I do not know how long it lasts or what penance has to be paid to get rid of it. Maybe just clear it at the end of TOD's would work.

@exec OK, I must have misunderstood what you meant earlier. I agree a simple clearing would be fine. My group does log on as same color to play. Though we do miss the test arena I discourage flying TH as a test arena. However most didnt know about the TK status until it was too late. Then when they did get it they didnt know what it meant. I wasnt there to explain it to them or they are new to our group.

8. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

I have not been able to get any feed back from former TK status players. I'm not sure how long the server has been down, that may have something to do with it.

9. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

provider conducts some service works and therefore Vibora/Franz lost access to their host. once guys get new login, they will restart th.