Selfkilling / Selfkillers

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by DZIVDZAN, Jun 24, 2007.

1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Question I have for the programmers....
    If I can self-kill myself with a bomb when approaching the ground, kill a pilot on the same side as myself, kill another enemy aircraft with a bomb, why do bombs do no damage whatsoever to troops?? But of course, silly little pea-shooters kill troops.

I'd like to know why.

Now, I do have to say that looseleaf has something there even though we've exchanged words before. [​IMG]

2. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

WB probably does not differentiate between ack hits and self bomb hits, or does it? Some developer should clarify about that. If it really is easily differentiated (like acks do not shoot bombs) then I ask the developers to fix this bug.

3. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

Every problem can be solved, but is there enough time for that and will to do it that is real question?

4. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

The short answer is NO....But there was a time way back when the devs used to listen but every time they changed something others were not happy and started endless threads about it (yes i partook in them) so they don't even look anymore....Its good to see that some things like selfkilling is still go on after all this time.

5. DZIVDZAN

I don't see a reason that something bad can be still present after so many years. There is a books with datas and datas for aviation of WWII and if we can't find one data/value or average data/value that is correct then imo this game is dying slowly but sure :( and i don't like that.

6. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

Score whores!!!

7. p0wdr-

p0wdr- Well-Known Member

But I can't really see fixing self-killing as a change that will have the community up in arms in protest.

8. jotaceTOGA

I am going to tell you why I sellkill myself sometimes: I got I field and just landed my ju52 in this field. When I was almost stoped, swanca came and killed me with PK on land. I had the chance to do selfkill some minutes ago when he got me on my ju88 and I had bombs. I didn´t kill myself and he thanked for that. Some minutes later he kill me on land? Fuck that, scorewhore!! Than I kill myself sometimes because these things.

9. jfm

jfm Well-Known Member

when ppls learn, that your "death" is nobodys fault, just your own ((pozdro -dot- ;))
    ?
    (excluding some network problems)

10. jotaceTOGA

I didn´t understand what you tried to say, but if I kill myself, the cheater enemy scorewhore will get pissed off a lot. That is fact.

11. jfm

jfm Well-Known Member

its about your anger when you get killed while landing

its your fault, why u want to revenge on killer, choosing most gay method?

regards,
    jefim-

BTW
    strange times, now every bomber pilot who bail deserve big salute for not being a pussy
    edit: -elena i didnt forgot about you, that was just generalization ;)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  12. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

It won't infact most if not all would be happy about it...What i was trying to say is that it has been going on for a long time and nobody has changed it and most likly never will...

The reason i said i was glad to see it hadn't changed was that it saves me reloading the program.

IMHO this game needs to get rid of the so called realism and go back to being a game.

13. DZIVDZAN

Good point. But in real life u can be shoot down even on take off, lending and you couldn't have second chance for revange :)

If WB get off realism it wouldn't be a flight sim then why play it if you like flight sim. Every sim need need some dedree of realism. For me in this game corect flight model with armament and no cheating.

For me IL2 is the best flight sim, but....
    too meny servers where you can play, too meny bottons to push in game, need to wait to load mision (too meny missions) then wait to start and if you killed in the begining you have to wait too long to start again. And not to talk about all things and parameters you have to watch and take care ( eg. fuel mixture, alt. for switching fuel injector ...) only positive is that they don't have cheaters, self killers or I didn't heard about it jet. :)

14. jotaceTOGA

What made me pissed off was the fact that I didn´t kill myself a little time before, he thanked for that, and killed me anyway when on land, even knowing it was MEEEEEEE!!!!!
    NIIIIIIIICEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    I DON´T MIND OF FUCKING POINTS AND SCORES, DAMN IT!!! I MIND ABOUT RESPECT, PORRA!!!
    And if someone do not respect me, why should I respect him? Even worse when we are at the same level on the game...
    Sad............

15. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I tend to bitch if I get shot at while I'm trying to land myself, but when you think about it, this is a war game. Planes get shot while landing in war. In this game, it actually adds to the challenge. You have to watch your back as you prepare to make your landing ... can't just call a timeout and expect everyone to leave you alone. If you want to RTB safely, don't wait until you gas tanks are almost empty but head back to base in time so you can reach a field a little behind the front line. Should be safer there.

16. jotaceTOGA

It is for sure. I agree with you. It happens to me a lot to get shot down while landing or taking off. These things do not piss me off (maybe sometimes). Or even when I take almost one hour to put my JU88-A4 at 6km and a P-38 appears from 8km and shot me down in seconds huehueheuehuehu But in some cases, like that I said tome threads before, it piss me off because I respected him by do not killing myself and giving him the points, and he even apreciated for this, and after he killed me when I was aaaaaalmost stoped, at about 20km/h and with the field captured just in that time. The case is respect between pilots. Whithout it, I could kill myself manytimes every time someone shot me down if I do not respect people.

17. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

respected him by not killing yourself? d00d you got it all wrong... all wrong...

18. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

For me wasn't the cheats it was the map rotation or rather lack of it that caused me to stop playing...But look at it this way when it was just a game there was 100's of players not tens of players that there are now. So i ask you what is better: 1. To fly unrealistic aircraft against 100 enemy OR 2. fly realistic aircraft aganist 3 enemy?

Look around realism has killed this game...I flew my 2 months free over at ien was so much fun who cares if the flight model is all wrong i play to have fun...

19. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

1) The game is still not dead, so I don't see why you go around claiming that it's been killed.
    2) If anything should ever kill this game it certainly won't be an over-abundance of realism. Maybe a direct comet strike will pulverize the server or something. That's more likely.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  20. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

No but its on its knees waiting for the next hit in 2 weeks.