Check this out (free flightsims)

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by heartc, Apr 3, 2008.

1. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

yeah for tornado.
    however tornado2/desert is more arcadish.
    also dr made mi-24, a pleasant sim too.

1 person likes this.
  2. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

"stealth fighter" with C64.
    With cassette.
    And helicopter sim (some apache thingie)...
    Was fun, brother was pushing the buttons, so it was whole family fun :D

3. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Tornado 2? You mean the "Operation Desert Storm" scenario disk? It didn't really change so much, did it? What was new was that you got an audible warning once the missile is only just a few seconds away anymore, to better time your evasion, and the Tornado could take more hits before being destroyed (these were features requested by the community). I like these changes, including the latter because this way you can better "enjoy" the nice system failures modelled in the sim. ;)

And yes, DI also made Mi-24 Hind. Aside from LB2, it's the only other (combat) chopper sim with a decent flightmodel to this day imho. I've heard good things about "Vietnam Med+Evac", too, but never tried it myself.

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

yes, as said DR developers in interview, beta testers trained themselves to avoid missiles, so they missed the fact that YOUR tornado is killed by 1 (one!) missile hit. this is not quite pleasant for most of players and in desert tornado will stand several missile hits.
    there are some other details, which i forgot, that they changed in favour for arcadish masses of simplayers.

5. saves

saves Well-Known Member

6. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

688 atack sub? Didn't knew subs could fly...

7. saves

saves Well-Known Member

relax

8. deadmeat

deadmeat Banned

Dangit, thanks a lot for the link, I'm looking for Mig Alley and Jane's WW2 Fighters since their debut :)
    My first combat flight sims were the F-19 and F-15 on a 286 PC and there was some third one but I cannot recall it now. After a short while I purchased the B-17 too, and a truly unique sim called Dogfight (or Dogfighter? :shuffle: ) in which you could fly in each larger conflicts from WW1 to some of the MidEast wars, from the Fokker Dr1 to the F-16 (and you could fly them in the same flight, for example you could pick an F-4 Phantom against a Bf 109 in some free combat builder section :D ) And later on I had my first chopper sim, the Gunship, it also contained a large variety of flyable aircraft from the Cobra and the [Jetranger with the alien head fitted above its rotor] to the Apache and Blackhawk. :flyer:

9. deadmeat

deadmeat Banned

The Kiowa, awright, the Kiowa :rolleyes: