To exec

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by thug, May 10, 2008.

1. thug

thug Well-Known Member

Enough is enough...........this lame rep system needs to end here, there is no reason to have constant, anonomous, bad repping from one or two bad apples.........this is totally ignorant and disrespectful, there are one or two guys that log on everyother day with the sole purpose of giving bad reps, some prick is going back 3 and 4 years in the forum archives to find my posts and give me bad reps.

This is your forum to control exec, so control it....... otherwise it will die, I for one refuse to be subjected to any more random dickhead comments here.

If you aren't going to change the rep system please say so.

exec If you say you refuse to change it.....so be it........I will happily never log on here again.....................

2 people like this.
  2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Ah ... anonymous rep sucks ... but come on, you aren't going to leave the forum because of THAT, now are you. That said, I do believe the rep feature is pretty useless overall and it wouldn't be a loss if it were abolished.

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

personally, as a former programmer, i hate when comma is used as decimal separator in numbers.
    but in this engine, they write (for example)"Red_Ant: 3,336 posts". you see? do you see that idiotic ","?

so what i do? i'm trying to ignore that comma.

why can't you?

second:

i do not control (functionality) this forum. this is the function of administrators.

i control speech on this forum. i "moderate" it. i cannot influence functionality of it.

you can ask Archer about rep function.

4. Red Ant

What else would you prefer?

5. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

exec, actually youre useless bunch of shit in this forum.

6. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Wuuuuu

7. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

you would prefer dictate?
    that happened once when fh admin, Boroda moderated international.
    he was asked to leave this post.
    he proposed me. i also called nicae, so we two, namely nicae and exec made this job.

may be you should make a poll of moderatorial doctrine to choose?

it would be interesting to see.

last 3 years people that were dissatisfied actually were too serious to other's jokes.

but if you say that situation changed, we can discuss it again.

9. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

using comma as separator is worthless and only serves to annoy when you merge data from different systems where one system uses comma and one system uses dot (or no thou separator)
    Comma should only be used to separate whole and decimals.
    -exec- hasnt made 17,523 posts...
    He has made 17 thou 523 posts :)

I use very often a very old system that has its basis in BIG datasystems.
    It uses point as thosand separator and comma as decimal separator.

Quite frequent I need to merge data from that system into something that can be edited and presented in readable format. Did I mention that the old system is locked into 40x80rows ?.. Well, its mentioned now ;)
    Since I know about the formatting issue, I tend to fix it 'on autopilot', but I ALWAYS forget to tell other ppl about it, resulting in that I have to help them when their data does not work, does not get readable.
    I always get to show/teach new ppl, since it's not my responsibilities, but ppl have seen that I know how it works. SIgh.

Oh, OT by the way :)

rep system is very easy to manipulate, if one would find the time to do so.
    But then again, someone who finds the time to use a 'bug' or possibly a feature ;) to manipulate a reputation system in a forum on teh interweb....
    It is quite possible that they should find something useful to fill the time with.
    There are for example people in need of help in Burma right now.
    NASA need people for a sleep experiment.

Just look around, it's not so hard to find things to do ;)

1 person likes this.
  10. Red Ant

Okay, no thousands separator at all makes sense. I was a bit taken aback by exec saying that he didn't like the comma as thousands separator due to his programming background, which seemed to suggest that he'd rather use the dot instead ... but all the programming languages I've ever seen use the dot as the decimal separator. Ah nevermind ... just a friggin comma, sorry for the OT rant. :p

11. demian

demian Well-Known Member

OK guys, here is why bad repping sux so much..
    It is like if everyone can call u on ur home phone number, or even cell phone,
    and when u say "hello" u hear: "boa, huahuahuahu"...or.. "boa, PWNED!"..
    or something like that. Now, if that happens in real life, u can always ask
    for protection, and eventually caller will be found. But u do not publish
    ur cell phone number in newspaper ,do u? OK, u can always say ur came from
    country like Iraq or North Korea, but that doesn't mean we all should live
    like in Iraq. I can understand that Russia doesn't have some laws like in the rest of Europe, but cmon, that is no excuse why this forum should be like this.
    If i ask about bad rep, i'll get answer about comas and programming system.
    WTG, but still,that is not excuse. If u have problem with comas, u should talk to Archer , and not here, because i simply can't help u. Changing topics like that is not something to be proud of,especially if u are more than 21yo.
    I suggest u to try this way of communicating at ur work ,just to see how long u can hold ur job.:nono:

12. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Rep system is a bit like the internal operations in maths. If you get rep, or give rep, it'll only influence somebody else's rep, or his rep power. Which only serves so (s)he can then in turn add or detract from someone else's rep.

So it'll only ever go as far as rep... on an internet forum.

You should assume rep displayed here is not representative. Because the people who respect you (what rep is all about I guess?), usually won't be concerned too much with giving you rep. It's only the circlejerkers or the bad rep brigade that really goes out of their way to try and modify somebody's rep.

-Z

13. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

LMAO!

Polish mafia, evil communistic plot and bad rep brigade.

If this isn't the most interesting internet forum ever I don't know what is...

:D

[mispselled... :p ]

Last edited: May 11, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  14. Red Ant

You forgot to mention raving mad Norsemen/Fins. :p

15. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

I bet you couldn't drive a pin into this guy's ass with a hammer, eh?

1 person likes this.
  16. whodaphool

whodaphool Well-Known Member

Maybe he's all caught-up in the emotions of it all and maybe English isn't his first language?

Hell, imagine like if this were a Quebec forum and you had to write in French?

17. whodaphool

Let's have a poll for taking the rep system off-line or all rep is public.
    After all, those comments could be part of the thread.

18. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

I believe you are right.

Could be.....

Nope. French isn't one of those languages one must needs learn that one can do business [or anything].
    Well, if you are in the Bordeau Business, uh, I guess. But they gonna be some of them jumping outta buildings this year, eh?
    They will be screaming in French.

:D

This year's Bordeau sucks, they say. It isn't worth the casks it is in, they say...
    Frenchmen are knocking out the bungs from three dollar barrels and swilling pigs with it.

They say.

[I mostly guzzle California Wine (and some plonk from a few other places where they have learned to use modern, hygenic and safe methods to mass produce the stuff, without cheese-lice molts or river silt) as it isn't a rip-off and the screw top is handy when I don't want to drink it all in one swig and, instead, stash it back into it's handy paper sac in my side pocket, for later enjoyment, when I find my friends, behind the library.
    Pig swill from garlic eating Peugots ain't worth eating a hole in my gut, even with english labelling on the jug. I am only gonna live once, so I consider volume and low price imperitive when getting shitfaced on wine and, let's face it, you get shitfaced on wine, you just gonna puke, right? ANd what difference does it make WHAT BRAND OR TYPE OF WINE you puke??? I don't look at the label, regardless French or some other language, I look at the sale price. I prefer wines that come in a plastic bag. The bags are handy, the wine stays fresh, no insects flyin in while the thing sits, between swallows... It comes in handy later, in the Spring and summer, as floats I use when poaching fish down at the river]

1 person likes this.
  19. thug

thug Well-Known Member

Is this all you are going to give me exec? a comma analogy, then pass the buck?

In the imortal words or Mark Wahlberg.........."Hi, I'm the guy who does his job, you(exec) must be the other guy."

You just take a step to one side?........are you married exec? does your wife keep your balls in a jar? I bet she does, and this must be the week when they aren't allowed out..........................

how about this: everyone just keep giving exec bad reps untill it bothers him more than his comma issue, mabye then he will change the forum, with of course the guidance of archer............

Whodapool........it would be interesting to see a poll but since ever member of this forum can have as many nicks as they want, it would not be acurate.

I have some ideas about who the prick is, I would geuss alw or gahndi.......those two seem similar and I would not be suprised to find that they were the same person, but i have no proof......I just know that alw is the gay/lame type person who would do it..........qouting somone then just putting smiley faces below the qoutes for every single motherf*cking post is just so gay..........alw is so gay you could stick a lollipop up his ass and he could tell you the flavor...........................but thats besides the point........

Tell you what........I fly warbirds because I love the game and thank you Freehost for providing that free of charge.......I used to enjoy this forum, but now it is all jacked up because of a few internet toughguys, internet toughguys are everywhere but most virtual worlds combat them.............. except in this forum for some reason...........in the game I can .ignore away to my hearts content and (virtually)kill all the punks I want..............and that is a beatiful thing........but here?.......the only answer is to disable the reps so all insults have to be public(see above when I talk about alw for an example)

So bye forum, I'll check back in a year or so and see if it's straightened out, in the meantime come and shoot me down in the game and we'll see about having fun instead of the cheese dick rep giving.............

20. whodaphool

I see your point and I agree.

exec should do more than give you that comma question.

ALW as gandhi, naw I cannot believe alw would go that low.

alw may be capable of pulling some gay-shit, but I would think as a married guy with a kid, he'd be a little higher in the food chain that doing that rep bitch shit.

Now fucketeer and gandhi could be the same dickless dweeb. or maybe they're just sisters. Who really knows..who really cares.

See you in the virtual skies.