Russia-Georgia-Ottesia News Explanations PLEASE?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by looseleaf, Aug 11, 2008.

1. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

This is very personal for us.

You don't really expect us being totally 'open minded' (read "submit to USA threats") while our citisiens are being killed, right?
    Being 'open minded' in that situation is bad for health, you know.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  2. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

Can't be to open minded or your brains fall out..

3. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

LOOOL, poor guy from fox!
    they forgot to check up the background of their guests before they put them on tv, ossetians not georgians, lol

5. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

hey redant, sometimes i really wonder whether you play the fool or you are! :)

ok, i explain:
    that was definitely a pro-russian article spelling out how the US twists the truth to suit it best. if you go back and read the Telegraph article i posted earlier, you will find in there exactly the twisted arguments this guy talks about.

her surname name looks russian by the way (if not polish)

----

And here it is acknowledged from a reputed anglosaxon journalist, Fisk from the Independent: "This is one reason why journalists are often more interesting to talk to than to read. The other reason is that American reporters are so fearful of being criticised by Israel that their work is bland to the point of incomprehension; if you want to know what The New York Times or The Washington Post knows, you've got to talk to one of their correspondents."

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  6. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

About PTABs, if you see any photogaprhs of wrecks of Georgian's tanks they could be propably hited by this weapon, PTABs wasn't used primary against citizens.

Same as Georgian artilery, which kill 1200-2000 citizens, it propably wasn't aimed on inhabitans, but against russian troops in city. This fact shows how was Georgia bad prepared for war because it is wretched act against incoming enemy troops.

I'm waiting for results of war, because they show who was propably agresor.

Ossetia joined to RF - Russia is agresor
    Ossetia stayed as autonomic part of Georgia with OSN troops - Georgia is agresor and Russia counter attack Georgians.

7. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I suppose iIn this case, I really am? Sorry, but I genuinely believed that you felt that article was somehow being unfair to the Russians.

8. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

And if Ossetia gain independance - Ossetia is agressor? :D

9. -Kazel

-Kazel FH Developer

10. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

Amazingly, some of western medias writes truth:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/aug/14/russia.georgia
    ...."You'd be hard put to recall after all the fury over Russian aggression that it was actually Georgia that began the war last Thursday with an all-out attack on South Ossetia to "restore constitutional order" - in other words, rule over an area it has never controlled since the collapse of the Soviet Union. Nor, amid the outrage at Russian bombardments, have there been much more than the briefest references to the atrocities committed by Georgian forces against citizens it claims as its own in South Ossetia's capital Tskhinvali. Several hundred civilians were killed there by Georgian troops last week, along with Russian soldiers operating under a 1990s peace agreement: "I saw a Georgian soldier throw a grenade into a basement full of women and children," one Tskhinvali resident, Saramat Tskhovredov, told reporters on Tuesday."....

11. Smoker

Smoker Well-Known Member

Oh! Russia is the monster!!!

[​IMG]

But ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  12. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

The question is "why those Russians moved only 50km". Because our american teachers occupied 2 whole independent countries (and these countries not at USA border).

13. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

If you dislike Serbia example, you may pick Iraq of Afgan.

14. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

Iraq was agressor in Quwait, and retreated quite quickly.

Uncle Sam unexpected that too. "Strange, Russian army is effective thing"

15. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

Quote:
    Originally Posted by -Kazel View Post
    Funtom... Exec not from Russia... what u say now?
    dunno what would he say, but id say

LOL, 1 not-Russian (and no R.F. resident) man banned other not-Russian (and no R.F. resident) man. And what? Those Russians are guilty again, the style of logic of CNN :)

16. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

I'm not for invasion to the Iraq, the next invasion based on lies about biochemical weapons. But at least they removed Saddam(and I hope it was cruel dictator and not the lie about him).

Iraq haven't perfect mountain terrain, that is why it retreated so quickly, and that is why there are still some Talib's military force in Afganistan, they have well defended mountain terrain.

Yes, Russian army could be so successful...but it is strange, and it looks like they surprised Georgian forces and got Tskhinvali, and that is why I saw destroyed Georgian tanks only in Tskhinvali and not near to the line with Russia, and that is why they bombard Tskhinvali with artilery, they want to recap it(damn recap times, twr destroyed propably:D ), and maybe artilery was placed in Georgia(not placed in hills to defend captured area). Tskhinvali is almost in Georgia and Georgians only moved somewhere near it, but Russia moved through hills almost over whole Ossetia. So it is strange to see first Georgian invasion which stoped in Tskhinvali and reaction of Russians, who counterattack them and invaded whole Ossetia very easy. Sorry for that but it looks like 1939, when Poles attacked German lines and Germans invaded half of Poland.

That is why I'm waiting for results to decide, if Russians was only very effective counterattackers or invaders.

I didn't know details, so I must decide about law from facts, which I see in TV.

17. PressLuftHammer

PressLuftHammer FH Beta Tester

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Litle fuhrer from Geogia ?:)

18. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  19. PressLuftHammer

PressLuftHammer FH Beta Tester

Georgian fuhrere and freins
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

LOL, Saakashvili is dictator too, he order kill his political oppenents. So no normal opposition in Georgia. But he has the indulgence from USA, because he is the "our own son of the bitch". So they call it "young demorcracy".

Of course Russian troops were ready. R.F. had the plan how to react.
    R.F. have to be prepared, because such leaders as Saakashvili (and some new NATO-members) have anti-russian rhitoric as THE MAIN line of the national politic.

If Medvedev/Putin wants to cap Tbilisi, they have no problems to do that at last week.