Russia-Georgia-Ottesia News Explanations PLEASE?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by looseleaf, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can find idiotic photos for everyone ;)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  2. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

It was fun that Sarkozi did't take a part in this show. He had that time in Tbilisi, but he don't want to be a clown too :)

3. PressLuftHammer

PressLuftHammer FH Beta Tester

[​IMG]
    J.Bush "Don't cry baby":)

4. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

5. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

Saakashvili could be dictator, but I mean extreme bad guy, who terminated not only politican opponents:mafia:

Russian reaction is strange anyway. I'm not saying R. F. is agresor, but I'm saying it looks like R. F. is agresor.

They could have problems. I wrote it some time ago, but Turkey was ready to action if war reachs its own lines and NATO will must react too, even if it is prepared for war or not. Anyway if Torkey didn't react still R. F. could have terrible reputation if they cap Tbilisi.

What is your opinion about internacional OSN mission in Ossetia and Abchazia? It could prevent attacks from Georgia and imho that is why war begins.

6. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Like MLRS attacks on civilian populace at night, without warning?
    But he is a self proclamed (and USA backed) democrat, so he can't be wrong.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  7. -Kazel

-Kazel FH Developer

8. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Have you noticed that hugo is trying to be a heck of a lot more objective than you guys? Could you try to come up with a rebuttal that doesn't include the word "USA"? This is not about America. It's simply about Russia and Georgia.

9. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

It's about USA vs Russia. You must be blind not to see that.
    We may already say hello to cold war 2. Maybe presidential elections in USA can calm down things a bit (if Obama get the chair), but tendecy is clear for last 10 years. NATO (read USA) is approaching our borders, our interests and even national sequrity concerns are ignored.
    Enough is enough.

Georgia and Osetia are just a pawns there. I feel sorry for people of them both. :(
    They only why this war is broken out - because of USA support for it.

P.S. Saakashvili must be punished for his actions, but he is a pawn too... little crazy pawn..
    P.P.S. Seems like E.U. are pawns too.

10. Red Ant

Oh right, you're going to spin this into an American conspiracy against Russia, yet YOU have the guts to accuse the "west" of being biased?? Do you seriously believe it was somehow in America's interest that Georgia pulled off this utterly stupid stunt. In what way does the ruin of an American ally serve U.S. economical or foreign policy interests?

11. Red Ant

ROFL!! Oh yes. Everyone are pawns. Russians are the only people who see things clearly.

12. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Germany usually abstan or submit to USA foreign policy.

Thats for example just for one the most powerful E.U. countries.

And let not me start about several 'new eastern E.U. members'.

Eager pawn syndrome anyone?

13. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Everyone is biased.
    Is that a news for you?

Consider amount of P.R. dirt throwed on Russia lately from USA. Compare with other media, even west media.
    Remember strategic missilies in Poland, Radar in Chehoslovakia.
    Remember broken promises not to expand NATO to the east.
    Remember broken/screwed pacts about strategic and conventional weapons in Europe.
    Remember 15 years of blocking Russian membership of WTO and keeping cold war embargos on Russia.
    Remember installing pro USA/anti Russian marionnette goverments in old USSR republic by the several 'color revolutions'.
    Then think.

It seems stupid only because it failed.

14. Red Ant

Oh really? Remind me again, how exactly did Germany and France support the invasion of Iraq. German-American relations took a nose-dive during Schroeder's term because his administration made a point of torpedoing most American foreign policy moves.

15. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Heh invasion in Iraq was against E.U. interests (except maybe UK).
    And E.U. can't do a shit about it even when tried. Ignored.

Well, we was ignored too.

16. Red Ant

I'm getting tired of this nonsense. The media have, for the most part, been fairly objective in their reporting on Georgia, with some primarily blaming the Russians, others putting most of the blame on Georgia.
    Now the governments, well that's a different story, of course. Not surprisingly they're pointing fingers at each other, as they always do. But the Russian government is no less guilty of that than the American one.

I know the Bush administration has not exactly won great renown for its genius in strategic foresight, but this is silly!

17. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Seems like you have nothing to say to back up your words then.
    It's a usual reaction in that situation.
    But maybe westerners just don't understand to what degree Russians are fed up by the USA 'partnership'.
    We don't like being slapped around.

Nice, but i can read/watch USA media too.
    Fox News/CNN anyone?

I do not know how to measure degree of guilt, but i know one thing for sure: USA government and media are playing against us most of the time.

Whole idea of making Russia from all out supporter of the USA and the West ideology in the 1990th, to the nearly open enemy today is not quite a genius strategy in my opinion too.

18. Red Ant

There are no strategic missiles in Poland. The installations in Poland and the Czech Republic are part of a strategic missile DEFENSE shield with VERY limited capability. I don't see how that's any of your business. If the U.S. would base nukes in Poland, THEN you'd have a point.

Promises? What promises? I'm not aware of any such promises.

Elaborate?

What? I'm aware of sanctions on certain Russian arms producers for selling stuff to 'rogue nations'.

Installing them, huh? I suppose what the people living there wanted couldn't have had anything to do with it, huh?

19. Red Ant

CNN?? Show me please! And if you take Fox News seriously, well ... you're beyond helping.

20. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Well the media maybe playing the "bad bad russia" card, but can any of you R.F. eager defenders tell me why in the name of the lord the R.F. does nothing to improve it's image in this conflict?

If anything, R.F. has only it's own actions (or lack of them) to blame for the media shit flying around.

And stop with the rockets in poland already. It's getting silly, they do not even have warheads, they're purely kinetic projectiles. They can only be aimed AGAINST R.F. if R.F. is planning to ATTACK SOMEONE. Now again, what image of R.F. does that project for the rest of the world?

THINK PEOPLE, THINK.