Russia-Georgia-Ottesia News Explanations PLEASE?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by looseleaf, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Czechs and Americans said that is not problem with russian delegates who will be monitoring radar's activities. They could be on radar station too. And Russian's generals hysteric reaction? "We aim our rockets to czech and polish towns!" Do you think that this is adequate reaction, dear RGreat?
    I don't care if CCCP rockets will be aimed to czech and polish civilian objects, I am still only fascinated how you think that you can do everything and all world is against your country.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

There will be no one left to blame Russia (or the U.S.).

3. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

You can monitor nucler missiles in flight as long as you want to, but you have no power to stop them. See where i coming to?
    Btw, Poland and USA denied even 'monitoring' access to the missile facility.

Yes, dear Funtom. Polish Missile instalation, not towns, btw. Think before you twist facts.
    Well, if you place missilies near cities - its your problem.

4. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Missiles without radar are only pieces of irons. That is the reason why is radar first target in attack and not missiles.

btw: if your generals said that their missiles could be re-aimed to Poland and Czech rep.... what is the current target and why? Why Russia doesn't need to ask neighbouring states if is radar and missiles problem for them. Hmm? Because it is Big Russia?

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

well, if i see blinking optics, i could guess that there's a sniper rifle, not just a binoculars, eh?

why russia must ask where to target missiles? just warned that blinking optics is an interest for targeting.

6. Red Ant

You guys are (deliberately?) blowing this missile thing way out of proportion. First off, it's a purely defensive measure, so whether you like it or not, you have no right to be upset about it. Secondly, even IF (as rgreat alluded to) the number of missile interceptors was increased to 500, that still wouldn't make fuck all of a difference if Russia and the U.S. were ever to have a go at it. America and Russia both have enough nuclear weapons to thrash this planet many hundred times over. Those 500 interceptor missiles, even if every single one of them scored a kill, would hardly make a dent in your nuclear firepower. Presently there IS no viable defense against an all out nuclear attack, and I doubt there will be in the foreseeable future.

7. Red Ant

So? Most countries don't like having nukes pointed at them either. Does Russia care? Didn't think so. But that's just how the world works. Deal with it.

The treaty wasn't 'broken'. It expired, and the U.S. did not want to extend it.

Not getting any hits on Google.

Very true.

8. Red Ant

Umm, no it wasn't? Official nuclear strategy was one of "massive retaliation", later revised to become "flexible response".

EDIT: Okay, it did mean that they intended to respond with nukes in any case. Still the keyword is RESPOND.

9. Red Ant

Exactly. Just the ballistic missile subs of both sides alone are probably enough to depopulate the planet. And it's hard if not impossible to defend against those if you don't even know where they are.

10. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

This "hysterical reaction" is a figment of imagination of Western media. I watched the interview you mentioned, he didn't say anything even close to what BBC and CNN reported.

Funny, isn't it?

11. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

As Medvedev already said, this fairy tales about ABM against "rogue nations" doesn't work any more.

Russia offered US cooperation in working on a missile shield, including usage of Soviet early warning radar in Azerbaijan, that is looking directly at Iran, and is in a place as close as possible, on Caspian sea. Americans inspected this huge radar complex and refused.

You also have to understand that there is no such thing as a "purely defensive weapon".

12. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

So you ignore our concerns.
    Ok.

13. Red Ant

As you ignore everybody else's. Wake up and smell the coffee.

14. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

If we wake up, everyone will smell coffee.

I guess each 100 years at the begining of the сentury humanity like to end up in ruins.
    Just not to foget how it feels like.

15. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

1.russians do not look upset. russians just said they could aim missiles at other missiles, like it or not.

2.like it or not, a discussed defensive system is useless therefore. why to build it?

i don't see any sense to blink optics at russia and become upset when it is blinking optics in answer.

16. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

everyone = entire humankind and planet

17. Red Ant

Which means .... ?

18. Red Ant

I think Zembla brought up a very good analogy. This is like me putting on a bullet-proof vest and then you responding to that by aiming a gun at me.

19. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

mine is not worse, and imho is even better: this is like blinking optics of whatever it is - binoculars or sniper rifle.

20. Red Ant

How so? In what way do those interceptor missiles poses any threat to you?